“Great Child Friendly Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hog's Breath Cafe

Hog's Breath Cafe
60/60-70 Seaworld Drive-Mariner's Cove, Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, Queensland Qld 4215, Australia
(07)55916044
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 53 Restaurants in Main Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hogs Breath Cafe is home to the famous 18hr slow cooked Prime Rib steaks. We do not only great steaks, but huge ribs, massive burgers, fresh salads, and delicious desserts.
Melbourne
“Great Child Friendly Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had dinner here with our three children, all under 5. It was a great family restaurant. Food was nice. Paper and pencils to occupy the kids. Had the biggest dessert in history.
All in all, great meal and good value.

Visited February 2013

Sunshine Coast
“I will not be back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was excited to be trying the famous steaks that Hogs breath pride themselves on, and I would have liked to try one, but they had ran out! So I setteld for another meal, and the salad resembled something that was left over from someone else's meal. I got a measly amount of curly fries, and my wife said that her meal was tastless. All this for a $33 meal is very poor.

There are so many better options than this place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hyadamo, General Manager at Hog's Breath Cafe, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi Col,

Thanks for the review. I am so sorry we had sold out of our 18hr Slow Cooked Prime Rib Steaks. These can be popular, and we do try our best to ensure we have enough each night. I am saddened to hear though, that your meals were not great. I again apologise for this. You can be sure that we take all feedback on board and ensure it is passed onto the respective staff involved.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope you give Hogs Breath another try in the future.

Sincerely
Melbourne, Australia
“New seats needed badly!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently visited Hog's Breath in Main Beach with my family. We got what we expected - basic food and a casual, family atmosphere. It was good, met our requirements for that night and we will no doubt eat at Hog's Breath again. But I will be avoiding the Main Beach Hog's Breath until it has new seating. The pew-like seats were, without a doubt, the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat in. I considered moving seats, but they were everywhere. New tables and chairs are definitely needed.

London, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Decent sized portions but better quality can be found and probably cheaper too.

Steaks came up OK, the towers were a little tasteless, in fact alot of the food was pretty tasteless when compared to other places.

I wouldn't put anyone off this place but if you're on the Goldie for a while I wouldn't push it to the top of your 'must eat' restaurants

New Zealand
“Very noisy place to eat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A group of 6, Seated quickly, right in front of kitchen, that should have rung ALARM BELLS to me. They must throw pots and pans around, WOW!! I have never been in such a noisy place before, and they spreak very loud to each other in the kitchen, obvioulsy have too with all the noise.
Alongside the seat I was sitting in was the workers table that they collect extra cutlery etc.. from, There was an Ice bucket on a stand, with dirty water in and the cloth they cleaned the tables with, what a stink, it took me awhile to figure out what the smell was.As it came in waves as someone used it. Why would this be sitting in a restaurant for customers to see let alone smell!!
Ordered some cocktails, very nice, just took forever to come, they did apologise.
Meals OK, have been to better Hogs Breath Cafe in NZ and in Port Douglas. Sorry guys you do need to improve your standards in this one.

Visited January 2013
Hyadamo, Manager at Hog's Breath Cafe, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm very sorry that the restaurant was noisy. With the kitchen set up the way it is, yes it can be noisy especially if your table is close to the kitchen. We have passed the feedback onto the kitchen team for them to consider the guests in the future.
Also I am sorry about the bucket near your table. We have since found a better place to keep this.

Again thank you for your comments, I am sorry you did not have a great experience. I do hope you decide to visit us again next time you are on the Gold Coast.

Thanks