We flew up from Sydney originally intending to stay in Brisbane visiting friends - so glad we changed our minds!! Our friends had stayed several times before and therefore recommended Xanadu to us. It is quite a large resort made up of 2 seperate towers, The North and The East, with beautiful landscaped gardens right across the road from Main Beach. It is a perfect location just far enough away from the noise and traffic and in an area where there is not a lot of other apartment blocks surrounding you which gives a practically a 360 degree view. We took the 3 night package and had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 24th floor of the North tower. Our apartment was exquisitely decorated with modern furnishings, I believe it had been recently refurbished and to a very high standard! The kitchen was very well equipped with everything you would need and included items you would not usually see in most units we have stayed previously including extra glasses and crockery which is excellent for entertaining. Both bathrooms were also well equipped and included mini aromatherapy toiletries again of a high standard a really nice touch and something not always included in other properties. Both bedrooms had their own TV in addition to the main lounge area. The bedrooms were beautifully decorated with really comfortable beds and crisp clean linen. The balcony was very large spanning across both bedrooms and the main lounge and wide enough to have a large table with 6 chairs and also 2 sun lounges! The view was just to die for! There were fabulous views to the north east looking right up the beach with no other buildings to interrupt the view, and also around towards the north west with a lovely view over The Spit and Southport waterways especially lovely at night. There is only one apartment block across the road and also it's own East Tower obstructing the view to the south but truly breathtaking. We didn't get to use the pools and other outdoor amenities but they looked fantastic. The staff were really friendly and helpful and I will definitely be staying again hopefully for a longer stay next time. I'm not one who gives perfect scores easily but Xanadu definitely deserves it, would certainly recommend staying here. It is aptly named - A Magical Place!!
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Holiday Hotel Main Beach
- Xanadu Holiday Hotel
- Xanadu Holiday Resort Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xanadu Resort is a beachside highrise apartment resort located at the northern end of the Gold Coast. We have a wide selection of uniquely decorated and furnished very large one and two bedroom apartments (three per floor) - 140 square meters. Our resort facilities include swimming pools, tennis courts, sauna, spa pools, free car parking and free in-room WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Xanadu Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.