We spent 3 nights on the Oct long weekend & as expected it was very busy. I booked over the phone directly through the resort 2 months earlier. I had made a special request for King bed configuration but was told on check-in that only 2 double beds were available. That was neither here nor there but the staff member at check-in commented that some people book in advance. I would consider booking 2 months earlier in advance! Our room was a good size & close proximity to the lift to the car park. It was a bit dusty on the photo frames & a small cockroach crawled out from behind it. I had an issue with the safe & called for assistance. Over an hour later I had to call again as no help came. I also rang for ice to be delivered to our room. I was advised that there was a nice machine directly opposite our room. I went to fill up our ice bucket only to find that the machine had been removed as it was out of order! Another call to guest services had to be made to get ice.
The service in the pool area also left a lot to be desired. I had to call out to the staff for service as they were mainly serving the people on ground level but had no one serving the pool guests. When I finally got served he simply took the money without a word. I had no idea how much my order cost or if I was to expect change. I figured $20 must have covered 4 ice creams.
I will say though that the cleaning staff were very accommodating & polite. I had asked them to come back later to service our room several times as each time they came we were still in the room. They politely came back as requested before their shift finished to clean the room.
On check-out they tried to charge me $175 on top of our initial deposit. The staff member had to double check with the manager as this was well over the $40 that we did owe. Lucky I had a copy of the emailed confirmation regarding the price match that they agreed to.
Overall, it is quite a nice resort although a bit run down in parts. Lovely pool area & close to the beach but the service is not up to the standard that you would expect from a 5 star resort.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel Main Beach
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel
- Sheraton Main Beach
- Main Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by sparkling lagoons and tropical gardens. The Gold Coast's only five star resort to offer an absolute beachfront location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.