My husband and I are on our first trip away with our first baby (10 month old) and this resort suited us perfectly!
The recent renovations had made what I believe would have been a fairly older resort, seem very brand new. I had mentioned that I felt like anything you could think of to make your stay in this resort convenient and comfortable, they had thought of it.
The entrance itself has its own 'wow factor' and I imagine coming here in summer or warmer seasons would be so much fun lazing and swimming by the pool, utilising the pool bar. A lagoon room would be my first choice but the standard room we had had plenty of room for the three of us (including a portacot and our pram most nights)
Unfortunately for most of our stay, half of the lagoons were empty due to refurbishment, but they were up and running the last day we were here, and there were plenty of signs apologising for this.
The resort is a 1 minute walk to the beach, with a great walking trail that goes directly past the resort.
The staff members were all friendly and the terraces restaurant buffets are great if you love seafood and don't mind the hustle of a buffet (get your elbows out ready)
Surfers is just a 2 minute drive before your right in the heart of surfers, but too be honest, I loved the peacefulness. Seaworld is a short walk away, as well as the marina across the road (the resort is connect directly via a bridge) which helps your shopping fix and has lots of different restaurant/cafes.
The only downfall for us, was the staff accidentally took our baby's towel when cleaning our room, which we had brought ourselves. I had kept it separate to the hotel towels, I can't blame them for being over diligent. It's just frustrating as it has probably ended up in another hotel due to the laundry services.
I really hope to come back here sometime again and would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel Main Beach
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel
- Sheraton Main Beach
- Main Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by sparkling lagoons and tropical gardens. The Gold Coast's only five star resort to offer an absolute beachfront location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.