I decided to stay here for my anniversary hoping for something special (given the price you pay and the brand name). What we found was something completely different. For a supposedly top quality hotel, their quality, and attention to detail was far from adequate. In the bedroom, accessories were largely cheap. Daewoo minibar (cheapest), NEC TV (not flatscreen, cheap brand), Playstation 1 games (but had to pay extra), cheap internet keyboard, Furniture falling apart in places, no cable/international TV (e.g. No CNN), Toilet roll holders falling off the wall, towel hangers not screwed into wall properly, toilet seat on crooked, soap scum in bath tub, world time clock on bedside table (cheap china made one) set to wrong timezone...
The floor layout of the hotel is also annoying, where for upper floors, you must choose your elevator carefully as the left/right wings don't connect. There are no windows in the corridors and most rooms have limited or poor views. Verandas in the superior rooms are about 20cm wide. With the valet parking, keys are simply thrown from person to person and sometimes dropped, so if your keyrings come back with scratches on them don't be surprised. The buffet breakfast was OK, but hygiene in the re-stocking of the fruit was substandard. There was no attention to detail and the sanitary gloves worn to handle the food were also used to clean the benches.
Add to this, that on the morning of checking out, we were given the bill for a different couple all together, including their personal details, meaning that someone else would have recieved our personnal details and detailed bill.
In summary, if you are looking for a room that is falling apart, has cheap facillities, and not much attention to detail, then either stay at Versace, or save your money and get the same service at a motel. Luckily we didn't go here for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in.With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia