This was supposed to be a special break for my birthday. I booked through an agent (still $450 a night) but called the hotel direct beforehand to ask for a quiet room away from lifts and roads as I'm a very light sleeper. On arrival, I was allocated a room right next to a lift! I asked to be moved which they did....but to a room 15 fet away from a main road! Really noisy. Later in the stay, after many appeals to the front desk, I speak with the Assistant Manager who tells me in the superior rooms, you either get noise from the road, trawlers or the rubbish bins from the Marina Mirage!! There are no superior rooms without significant noise according to the Asst Manager. Get offered a bottle of sparkling wine to help me sleep!
Next day, I uncovered the pool situation. Impossible to get a sun bed after 7.30am unless you pay $50 and even then the majority of beds are in the shade for most of the day. Really tightly packed together too - think sardines, think Benidorm.
However, second day, through lack of sleep during the night, I decide to invest $50 in a Cabana. Booked and confirmed at the front desk. However, next day, turn up only to be told that it wasn't booked after all after a computer fault. Offered more wine ( they seem to offer you alcohol every time you complain - they just don't seem to get that you don't want to get drunk, you just want what you ordered and paid for)
As compensation for the total mess up on rooms and cabana, they offer to clear any extras on my room bill - $200 according to the manager as according to the system, I have allegedly ordered a bottle of Moët whilst sitting talking to him! I tell him he's got that wrong and later he confirms that they had allocated the $152 bill to room 152 in error (see other comments on incorrect charging)
Other bad points - wardrobe 8 inches wide and totally inadequate, no mirror in room, room never made up until past 5pm, no change of sheets, walls thin, too few power points, no wifi in rooms. If this is a 5 star hotel, I'll eat my sun hat! Check in and check out lengthy waits.
Good points - comfy bed and good buffet breakfast.
I have stayed at hotels in many countries but never paid so much for so little, Sheraton Mirage across the road is so much better and cheaper. Staff appear to realise just how lousy the place is and all they do is offer you alcohol to try and forget the whole nasty experience.
I really would recommend those who value comfort and value, rather than just being plied with booze, to go somewhere else. Versace Palazzo is a hotel trading on a name only not service or quality.
Ruined my holiday, my birthday and actually did drive me to tears on the Sunday the whole experience was so terrible.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Hotel
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in.With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.