Since I've been in Australia, I always wanted to stay at Palazzo Versace as it is the only one hotel in the world.
I got a really good deal for one night with buffet breakfast through visa platinum and whenever I book from third party, I'm always worried of how we will be treated and plus that what room will be allocated to us because of the price we paid but all my worries were proven wrong.
We got to the hotel after a long drive from Coffs Harbour, it was just what I wanted to end my holidays with my last stop in GOld Coast and I was glad that I stayed at Palazzo Versace.
Upon driving to the front door of the hotel, concierge staff opened the car door and removed our luggage from the car. They opened the door to the hotel and showed us the check in area. They took care of the luggage and the luggage was in the room when we got to our room after check in and we didn't even had to wait. They were very friendly and asked us how was our day etc. During check in, you sit down on the chairs for the check in and again staff at front desk were very friendly and welcoming. First impression when you enter the hotel, makes you feel that you stepped in luxury and scents and relaxing music in the lobby tops it off.
We booked superior room and we were given room on 3rd floor with good views, which I think is good for the price paid. As going up to the floor and walking to the hotel room through the corridors, I don't think the hotel is outdating or showing age. (As mentioned in some reviews). Interior is very modern and is really luxurious as you walk through the corridors.
On entering into the room, everything from the furniture to the beddings to the amenities, bathroom, minibar and everything else in the room is modern and elegant. Every thing like chair covers, table, glasses towels had versace medusa on them (which is also available for purchase from their boutique shop). Superior room is decent size with king bed and comfortable pillows and mattress. It has decent size bathroom with seperate shower and toilet and with big spa bath. Mini bar has everything to make the stay more comfortable. Little touches to the room was very luxury and romantic if couple staying.
As the weather was rainy, it was a good opportunity to explore hotel's restaurant and bar but except the pool. I had some cocktails at Le Jardin bar, which were amazing. Highly recommend to try Mai Tai. Staff at the bar were friendly and very professional as you expect in a five star hotel. Then we proceeded to have dinner at Il Barocca restaurant for buffet seafood dinner ($82 for seafood buffet and $62 for non seafood buffet). Prior to making reservations, I asked staff about the options available for people who don't eat seafood and one of the staff at the restaurant which also looked after us for the night was very helpful, (I don't remember his name but he was in his black suit, Asian with glasses) showed me around the buffet and dishes and what options are available. I was glad that I had dinner there as I left the restaurant satisfied. We were given a good table away from the crowd which we liked and service delivered by that same staff member was exceptional. We also had buffet breakfast in the same restaurant and again it had plenty of varieties and good breakfast. Chef who made my omelette was very friendly too.
Self parking is available for free under the hotel or can pay $30 for a valet car park.
Overall, my stay met my expectations of what I thought to be from Palazzo Versace and I would happily return again and would happily recommend to anyone who is thinking to stay here. I must say some of the reviews here on tripadvisor about the hotel's appearance being outdated is not true as I did waked around the hotel.
It is a true five star hotel and if you want to stay somewhere nice and luxurious this is the hotel. I've stayed at Hilton and other 5 star hotels in Gold Coast but nothing can beat Palazzo Versace's stay/ service.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Hotel
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in.With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.