We have stayed in a lot of hotels in the Gold Coast and all over the world and were very much looking forward to trying the much-hyped Versace. Unfortunately, the hotel failed to impress.
While the lobby is nice, if a little crowded and busy, overall the hotel is starting to look tired and in need of repair. Service in the lobby and restaurant is far from 5 star and the food, while nice, is not worth what they charge.
With the exception of the big spa bath, our room was small and ordinary with a ridiculously small balcony (around 30cm wide) – which makes you wonder why they bothered at all. Shower is small and the worst thing was the glass door on the toilet that doesn’t go all the way to the ceiling – in short meaning you can see, hear and smell anyone doing their business, hardly what a couple wants on a romantic getaway.
Pool is nice but not in the least bit private given anyone having food, high tea and/or drinks in the lobby has a full view of the pool. It’s also far smaller than it looks on the internet site and the deck chairs were dirty.
In short, the Versace is overrated and not worth the money they charge. If you are looking for class and comfort then stay at the Sheraton just across the road, the rooms and pool are bigger and buffet breakfast better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in.With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia