Stayed here for a week with my family - Very ordinary all around and not worth the money - Started at check-in - We arrived around 4pm (with baby) haven given plenty of warning - Aside from the lobby being a bus station with all the gawkers and afternoon tea crowd, there was just one person on the desk to check-in - Worse, despite the time, the room still wasn't ready - So we had to wait in the lobby and then had trouble finding a seat - in fairness they offered a free drink but not really the issue
Room, or 2 bed condo as it actually was, was ok on the surface - decor is obvisouly OTT but it actually sort of works - we had a nice view onto the boats/water - and....well thats about it - rooms were not great - second bedroom a bit pokey - main bedroom decent size but not much storage - main bathroom big with decent bath, but the whirlpool when on sounded like a tractor - plenty of towels though, and nice amenities
other issues included the TV in the bedroom not working properly all trip, we had no safe for the first night, the air-con broke for the duration of the trip and the lock on the balcony door had to be replaced - very annoying - and while the balconey was nice, the constant drone from the pool pump on the ground floor below rather mitigated the pleasant view - oh and despite me telling them at time of booking there was still no baby amenities - and then they CHARGED me for the baby cot rental along with the baby bath - for shame - absolute disgrace to pay this sort of money and then have them sneak that onto the bill
we only ate there for breakfast as it was included - very ordinary - selection wasn't great, and the quality matched the selection - oh and they hadn't enough seats because the hotel was completely full - so we had to queue for 4 of the mornings we were there - even then , we were shipped to a windowless frozen tundra off the main restaurant area where you had to get everything yourself
staff - on the whole they were execellent - i felt truly sorry for them as clearly there wasn't enough of them to cope on the busy days, but they kept their cool and their smiles - one of the few pleasant memories - i'd have complained more when i was there, but there wasn't a manager in sight - nor was the 'front desk' ever manned - the concierge was non-existent, so we relied on the staff in Le Jardin and the guys on the front door (both groups were exceptionally helpful and welcoming).
so on the whole, save your cash for something else (you'll need it, the GC is expensive!) - i certainly won't be darkening their doors again, despite the mostly diamond quality staff
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Hotel
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Gold Coast/Main Beach, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in.With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.