“Great Value for money - perfect first holiday destination!” 4 of 5 stars

Perkes Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Laganas 29092, Greece   |
Ranked #49 of 81 Hotels in Laganas
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great Value for money - perfect first holiday destination!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Rooms are basic, if you can get your hands on a fridge do! Don't bother paying for air-con, doors to balcony have vented doors which allow breeze in and keep mosquitos out. Communal balcony means you get to know your neighbours well, great shout! Me and 2 mates stayed in a room, it was at the top of the strip but close enough to bars and clubs. Owner is english which is a great bonus! sweet lady.. Mind her son, he can be a stroppy ******. One of my mates did the "helicopter" on our balcony and his wife saw, didnt go down well but funny as! A little apology and all was forgotten. Definitely would stay here again! great pool area close to corner shop for drinks and shizz. great for 17-30 !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ignore all the bad reviews on here! They're not true. I've stayed at the Perkes Hotel many times, every 2 years i go back started staying there when I was young as other family members had been over before. The staff are friendly not rude at all! The rooms are cleaned daily and passports are kept so they're kept safe. Perfect location as you can choose to have a quite night in away from the strip and not have to worry about the noise! only a 10 minute walk to the strip which is ideal. Brilliant hotel and I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

First off, I should point out that it was near season end when I went. Having said that, facilities that I paid for in the price of the holiday, should by rights, have been available. I was there from September the 10th 2012 until the early hours of the 17th September. The room was basic but fine (what more do you need other than a place to crash at the end of the day). The bed I had had slats missing so the mattress was uneven and if I sat in a particular place on the bed, Myself and the mattress would protrude through the underside of the bed. There was never any hot water (with the exception of once, very late at night). I didn't have air-con (which was just as well as it would have been money wasted due to the storm that happened while I was there). The pool bar would close every night before 6pm. The latest I saw it open at was 7pm on the evening of my last day. (I did mention during the week that I was unhappy that the bar was closed of an evening where I was told, 'what do you expect when it's season end, there's only 12-15 guests. My thought was, well I paid to have it available. When I arrived the socket for the key ring which operated the air-con was hanging off the wall and the light switches in the room looked like they had been burnt at some point (it's possible that they could have been just dirt though, (refer to pics). I was also disappointed that I had requested a high level room overlooking the pool, I was put in a room in the middle of the property on the ground floor. The hotel was quiet so why couldn't they fulfil that request?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from staying at perkes, its a ok hotel the rooms were basic but functional, we did have air con at a cost of €50 for the week, the staff were nice and helpful the pool was really deep and big but the water was a tad dirty at times. We never got up to try breakfast but we did eat at the pool bar which was really really good and well priced with loads of choice. Shower was a bad design as curtain enclosed the toilet so every think got wet. It's situated about a 20 Minute 1 KM walk from the bar street and 30 minute 1.5 KM from the beach whitch is a treak in the heat of day but grand at night. All in all not a bad cheap place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very surprised at some of the reviews that I am reading. Stayed here with a friend and absolutely loved it. We were greeted by a lady called Margaret who was very sweet and helpful. She took our passports in and explained a few basic details about breakfast and how we should hand our keys in before a night out at the bar in case we lose them. She showed us to our room which was very basic. But you get what you paid for, its not meant to be a 5* hotel. There was a fridge, tv, and air con which you need to pay for at a rate of 50euros for 7 nights. The fridge itself didn't work but we let Margaret know and she got this sorted out for us the next day. The rooms do get very hot and there are lots of mosquitos but we found that a plug in repellent from the local supermarket does the trick. The rooms were mopped almost every other day and bins changed daily. New towels were also provided by the maid on request. We found the staff to be really friendly and helpful and were a good laugh. They created a great atmosphere behind the bar. The breakfast provided was pretty rubbish. Bread, cheese and ham. But the food served at the hotel was very good with lots of choice and at a reasonable price so I would recommend not bothering with getting bed and breakfast. The pool is big in comparison with a lot of the other hotels and sun beds are free for all guests.

The hotel is located at the quieter end of the strip but this is perfect because as you're walking up the drinks at the bars start off stronger and cheaper and gradually get more watered down and pricier the further down the strip you go. I would recommend drinking up at the hotel and then popping into Legends (Amazing!) and few of the other bars that are near it. The beach that is closest to the hotel is pretty crap but I would definitely recommend making the free bus journey to banana beach. You can do water sports there and its much better then the one at the end of the strip.

On the whole, the hotel was basic but perfect for a clubbing holiday. If I ever come back to zante I will be staying here. :)

Room Tip: pool side room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Giurgiu, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I am from Romania and when I booked this hotel, here is where I found reviews.Stayed here as 2 families with children and it was very nice for what we needed it. Big rooms although there were 3 normal size beds, normal bathroom-with a little too much water on the floor, but they came every day and do something about it, very nice personel, very helpfull. The hot water were not so hot between 6 and 10 pm, but not everyday. The breakfast was as everybody sad the same everyday. No need for AC because when we went to 27 aug-3 sept. 2012 so we could manage by having the door open and the anti-mosquito spray, except for 2 early morning 5 am, when a group of english girls were yelling at eachother for some reason.So, one in one, we were satysfied with our staying at the Perkes, because all we needeed was a clean room with hot water and good beds, because we are the adventurous type so we don't stay much in a hotel room. Who need that is a good choice, just like every other hotel in Laganas, as I saw it.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms at the 1st floor heading to the interior court, I think, and the AC was not so noisy...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here with a group 4 lads on our first lads holiday. Was absolutely amazing. The rooms were basic but comfy. there staff were lovely and were always there to help. The rooms were cleaned most days. Its about 10-15 min walk from the strip, get shorter every day. The continental breakfast was not worth getting up for but they make a good fry up at a reasonable price. The food was lovely and at a decent price. overall would be happy to go back to the place, don't think we could have got anything better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Perkes Hotel? Share your experiences!