“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ilaria Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ilaria Hotel to your Saves list
Ilaria Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Laganas-Kalamaki road | PO Box 25, Laganas 29100, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Laganas B&B and Inns
Chatteris, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have stayed in the Ilaria Hotel from 19th to 26th September - 6 people all together. We loved our stay there. The Staff in the hotel is excellent -everybody are very friendly and helpful. We are travelling a lot but we have never experienced so polite, friendly and genuinely nice people from hotel 'crew'.
While staying in the hotel we have requested early (6.30am) breakfast on 4 occasion - there was not a problem. We have had plenty to eat - not like in some hotels just packed breakfast. We have booked half board basis and dinner was excellent - when Yanna founded out that I am vegetarian she has asked chef to make me special food even if there was a lot to choose from.
We never really get involved with people in hotels but here we felt very welcomed and we have chatted to all of them on few occasions.
If you are looking for friendly hotel in a good location at reasonable price - this is the place.
Location is great - 5 minutes walk to Laganas (far enough from drunk and loud people) but near enough to go and eat there if you wish; 20 minutes walk to Kalamaki. It took us 10 minutes in a taxi from/to the airport. The beach is about 4 minutes walk form the hotel through lovely forrest. Please bear in mind that on this beach Turtles Caretta Caretta laid their eggs so it is closed for public from 8pm until 6am next morning.
We were leaving on Thursday 26th September and we supposed to check out at 12 noon but we have been allowed to leave our rooms at 2pm when our taxis arrived to take us to the airport. This was extremely helpful as we could still spend morning at the beach and eat some lunch in Laganas than come back and collect out baggage from rooms and go back to the airport.
This hotel is great value for money - nice location, excellent staff, good food, great nearby beach.
Rooms are bit basic but very spacious with great views of mountains plus we have requested rooms with swimming pool view. We have not spent a lot of time in the rooms as it was plenty to do in Zakynthos.
Swimming pool was great - very big and the view of mountains - GREAT.

• Stayed September 2013

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The first contact was very nice, the lady offered a good price taking into account that it was first week of August and also was very polite.

Visiting the hotel: There is this huge area, a former lake as I understood which has become a green dream, you may check the photos. The hotel consists of many small buildings, two floors each. The architecture is also beautiful, the surroundings relaxing and there is space to park your car even under the thick shade of trees.

I asked for a pool view room, they obliged, when we arrived I wished I had also mentioned that we would prefer a second floor room which would have even better view and no sounds from above. The basement / first floor was not bad though, the balcony was nice and provided enough privacy having flowers in the front.

Rooms cons: The interior of the room disappointed us. There was this feeling that they were sorry to give some more money for an interior designer: the beds were single put together, the colors didn't match together, the room was big (this was good) so full of walls but only a disproportionate embroidery tablet was there. Over our beds there was this curious recess and there were cables and pipes at different places just being there for no obvious reason, giving the idea that they were meant for something but then, when this something didn't happen, no-one cared to cover them. Also the fridge was absolutely tiny and the tv set was outdated, some 14'' CRT that seemed forgotten since last decades.

Room's pros: Good air-conditioning, very clean, the ladies seemed to do a good job. The bathroom is beautifully designed. Also a technician came soon after we called that there was a problem with the flush and fixed it.

Breakfast: there was much to choose from. This was the biggest variety of marmalade / jams I've seen in a hotel buffet, for a reason the jars were almost empty and discouraged me from serving myself from everything. The buffet included local delicacies and there were also fresh fruits daily watermelon and grapes included which I enjoyed much. We were offered a custom made coffee when we asked for some instant coffee, this doesn't happen everywhere and it was nice of them. The people in the buffet room were smiling and friendly.

The area was great but please take into account that we had a car. It was not near the very busy seaside but it was in the middle of the street for lively Laganas and Kalamaki and just half an hour from the town of Zakynthos.

Overall I would stay here again and recommend it, taking into account the previously mentioned.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, second floor room if you have no problem with the stairs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff was excellent and went above the call of duty to meet our needs. Rooms were a bit spartan (twin style beds pushed together). Pool area was very nice but could use a bar overhaul (very basic options). Overall the most professionally run hotel on the island .

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hellevoetsluis, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This hotel is a pearl of Zakynthos. The host are super friendly, the rooms are perfect. And the pool is great. To eat go to Kalamaki and visit Paolo

Room Tip: You can take every room because it is quiet every were
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed there for 10 days in July and enjoyed it very much, such a quiet, relaxing place, the staff was really very friendly and attentive, nice beach (7 min walk through the forest), The room was facing the road, ok but very noisy, I was trying to move to another room at first but then just got used to the noise. The food was good and the restaurant manager always very attentive. If you want to go out, Laganas with its bars is in 30 minutes walk from the hotel, full of crazily drunk English teenagers. You can also buy some fruit there,the oranges were absolutely delicious!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the road are way too noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in August with my boyfriend. It's a beautiful hotel with an amazing pool and facilities. However the location is not what it claims to be.. This hotel is technically in Kalamaki and NOT Laganas and if you wanted to go out for the night to the Laganas bars, it would be a 45 minute walk at least and you would most definitely need a vehicle. On the flip-side, it is very quiet and you can get a decent amount of sleep.
The room is nice enough; spacious and clean, but for how expensive it is I would have expected a much nicer experience. In addition, even though the hotel knew we were travelling as a couple, we still got the 2 single beds which they 'fixed' by joining them together - this was not very comfortable.
I think for how much we paid, we probably could have gotten a nicer and more comfortable room in the laganas area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I (25 & 24) stayed here in September 2011. I emailed the hotel before we arrived to request a room on the upper floor overlooking the pool, wasn't expecting anything but the manager emailed back within 24 hours granting my request.
Location: The location is pretty good however we rented out a Quad bike to get into Laganas and Kalamaki if we wanted to nip to the shops or to the strip. It was fine to walk into Laganas on a night though there and back.
The Pool: I loved the pool, very very quiet! Most of the days we were the only people around it but I liked this as it felt as if you were in your own private villa! There is also a pool bar where snacks and drinks are served. English people who work around Laganas would come to use the pool so just goes to show this pool must be one of the best.
The Room: I thought the room had a lovely greek feeling to it and was a good size, plently of room for 2 people and the balcony was great. It was very private with pink flowers running up the front. The air conditioning was perfect, at some points woke up in the night too cold which is what you want! The fridge is a good size to keep your Mythos chilled! When I first looked at the bath/shower I got confused as the shower wasn't mounted on the wall but when using it, feels like you get a really good wash!
The Staff: All the staff were lovely and friendly. The standard of the cleaning of our room was first class, the cleaners worked really hard and always said hello.
I would like to give a special mention to the lady on reception, unfortunately I didn't get her name, I'm pretty sure she was the manager. She had no airs or graces about her and was so friendly. On our arrival we recieved such a warm welcome from her and nothing was too much trouble, if we ever needed directions or a taxi booking she would always help.
Also a big special mention to Spyros, what a great guy! He did general duties around the hotel and worked on the pool bar. He is one the loveliest people I've met, my boyfriend spent many afternoons around the bar having a chat with him. I have a lot of respect for him as he worked 11 hours a day 7 days a week.
I would recommend this hotel however if you like to meet with fellow english people this hotel probably isn't for you as we were the only two english people staying there the whole time - not that I minded!
Thank you hotel Ilaria for making our stay in Zante a good one!

Room Tip: Room 314 which faced the pool and had a side view of the mountains
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ilaria Hotel? Share your experiences!