“BEWARE NEVER GO WORST HOTEL EVER” 1 of 5 stars

Alexander Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Laganas 29092, Greece   |
Ranked #62 of 81 Hotels in Laganas
tyne & wear
“BEWARE NEVER GO WORST HOTEL EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just got back this evening what can i say hotel is discusting . ment to be a 4 star hotel it is more likey to be a 2 at a push no entertiment . we went allinclusive they was continental breakfast !! lunch time salad and choice of one meat dish and soup and grapes for ur dessert !! t-time again salad , soup SAME AS LUNCH TIME and normally a pork dish and vegetables all tasteless !!! we stood around 10 minites for a drink being only one serving allday with only one speed .rooms basic bathroom floor always wet nowhere to put shower so uve got to hold it while in there and no shower curtain so floor was wet and slippy . electric plugs hanging of walls NOISE AT NITE TIMES PEOPLE SHOUTING AND SWEARING SLAMMING DOORS !!!!! no secruity ALL IN ALL WORST HOTEL IVE EVER BEEN TO WOULDNT RECOMMED TO ANYONE WOUDNT GO FOR FREE IF HAD CHANCE !!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

thompson decided to put us in a hotel from hell the room was discusting the bedding grubby our room overlooked a bar which played loud music till morning food discusting with rancid butter for your bread the only reason for staying here was that our plane was cancelled by a storm that is the only reason we had the misfortune to stay here nightmare

Room Tip: dont stay here not recomended
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Salisbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

please do not go to this hotel if you not on a 20s holiday as it is a hovel the food and rooms are terrible please do not go there , we were put there as we had to spend an extra night there as the weather was bad in zante

Room Tip: worst hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Thomson decided to punish myself and my partner by sending us to this hotel for the night when we were delayed by a storm on the island. When I first walked into the room it made me want to cry. The room had 3 beds with grubby bedding, the bathroom floor was wet through from a leaky drain, the toilet was cracked, shower had no shower head, there was a puddle of water around the fridge. If you wanted to use the air conditioning, tv or fridge you had to pay extra. The towels were so stained we didn't use them for fear of catching something. There was an abandoned packet of medication in one of the bedside drawers. I have never stayed in a hotel as awful as this. The evening meal provided for us looked so bad we decided not to eat it, particularly as the hotel wasn't very clean and we didn't want to miss our flight due to food poisoning. We arrived at about 6 pm to find drunken chavs shouting and swearing around the pool. In the morning we had an early pick up and found the toilets in reception disgustingly dirtly with a trail of blood leading into them. I would have rather slept at the airport than in this hotel. Two star - I don't think so! How anyone can give this hotel a good review is beyond me.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Spalding, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Thomson were kind enough to put us in this "hotel ????" for the night when we were delayed by the storm on the island. We had no hope of getting any sleep with loud drunk halfwits threatening to kill people, spewing up the beer they obviously couldnt handle and making loud sexual comments while we were trying to find something to eat amongst the pigs swill that thomson laughingly called an evening meal.
In the morning there was at least some tinned peaches and dry toast to be had before the flies once again decended to eat.
If you like lots of drink etc etc (i was not allowed to use my first choice of wording ) and just want to get laid then i would think this place is heaven , personally i dont like metal shutters as a balcony door and having to hold a shower head while i try and wash or fighting the flies to eat my bread and greasy margarine for my tea. One night in this dump was quite enough . I have only given one star to each section as you could,nt give a minus.

Room Tip: Thats a joke is,nt it !!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was my first time in Zante but my friends i went with stayed at this hotel last year too. Its a great location, in walking distance to bars, resturants, the strip, shops and the beach.
The rooms were basic but had everything you need and were kept clean, daily. We were in the room to sleep and get ready..and stagger back to..to sleep again - so we did not require The Ritz!
The pool area was clean and there is a great atmosphere, even at the end of the season. (Although it did get alot quieter towards the end of our week). I would reccomend this hotel to groups and couples who are wanting to go out/ not bothered by noise as the bars around the hotel are loud all evening and guests coming back at all times of the night. Its great for our age group 20s!
We were all inclusive, so i couldn't comment on the hotel food. We ate at The Island resturant (just at the end of the road) every night. Great food and service, starter and main €10 or starter,main,desser €15 both incl 3 drinks. We ate/pre-drank at Bocca too, which was good also.

DONT GO TO 4PLAY BAR - most revolting home brewed alcohol you will ever taste, even in weak cocktails!!

Plenty of shops to buy alcohol etc opposite the hotel.

One night we got a taxi home as a friend was ill and it cost less than €10 from the bottom of the strip to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool will be quieter .. but still its a lively hotel/area so don't come here fo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Absolutely LOVED this hotel! Came back about a month ago from a week in Zante, staying end of July/beginning of August.. Pretty sure we had one of the best rooms seeing as ours was a massive two people room, PERFECT for two girls, with an excellent pool view, but our next door neighbors and a few other boys we met there had much smaller rooms, and one of them was a three person! Definitely the best pool on the island, music was playing all day and night, we went to our friends hotel one day, and their pool was DEAD.

Only thing I'd say is that it is quite a walk to the strip (about 10 mins) but there's a lot of bars to pre-drink in on the way and we met some PR's so just went to their bar on the way for pre-drinks. Don't notice the walk on the way home as you'll be too drunk.. One tip too to get rid of the PR's, we had quite a few friends who worked there on the strip, so we just said we were going to their bars every night and they left us alone and didn't keep hassling.

The staff are pretty helpful too, and you CAN sneak people in, as long as no-one notices ;) one of my friends came back with us one of the nights cos I got him to walk behind us and wasn't noticed, even when the maids came in in the morning.. However, one night we were robbed on the beach and our key was taken so our friend walked us back to the hotel to make sure we could get in, and when they noticed him they told him he couldn't stay (he wasn't going to anyway..) They were helpful when we lost our key and apart from moaning at us about taking our key out (apparently you were meant to leave it at reception every time you went out, but we weren't told this) they only charged us 10euros for a new one which wasn't bad at all.

With the pool being green; yeah it is a little bit green, and if you wear a white bikini it WILL turn green, but every other colour is fine. Just keep the white one for the beach, that's what I did. My friend chucked me in the pool one of the days and I had his Armani white shirt on so he wouldn't chuck me in.. But he did and that went green, oops! So just don't wear white in the pool! It doesn't look green to the eye though and is still such a nice pool!

The cleaners came in everyday and tidied our rooms, we left it a tip most days, but they'd come in and clean it all and gave us new towels.

The noise IS probably really bad at night for people who haven't been out, but we didn't notice it and it didn't bother us because we were probably one of the ones making the noise, getting in at 5/6 and VERY drunk! So I'd advise not to stay here if you're a family or have kids/want to sleep before 5/6.

The food isn't the best, tbh the breakfast is CRAP but the dinner wasn't bad, it was a buffet and different meals every day. It was mainly chips, pasta and some chicken gunk, but was fine for holiday food and definitely eatable! There's always other places to eat out anyways, go to Cool Peppers! We didn't get to go there but my friends are working out there and it's their faves!

Overall, I would DEFINITELY come back to this hotel, already planning on going for the season next year and am definitely going to book here to stay until I find somewhere to live while I'm there. They are a bit strict about people who aren't staying in the hotel even coming to the pool, the PR's we met out there were chucked out when they realised they didn't stay there and were coming every day for 10 weeks.. And Zante is deffo the best place EVER, I'm still depressed about not being there and I've been back for 5 weeks!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Alexander Hotel? Share your experiences!