My partner and I arrived at Village Inn Studios after a terrible booking experience with Deal of the Day Holidays and were relieved to find the hotel was a lot better than the people we booked with. The staff were friendly and welcoming and overall the atmosphere and standard of the hotel was very good. The owners & bar staff in particular were very nice and friendly.
Room - the room was pretty good overall, big, clean and the pool side location was perfect. The let down was the uncomfortable bed, which did not get changed on request unfortuneatly. The bathroom was fine and the shower nice and powerful despite having to hold it up yourself. The room came with a fridge which was nice to have and the cleaners came by regularly (sometimes even snuck in whilst we were asleep!).
Pool & Bar - The pool and bar area were great and always clean and there were always plenty of sun beds. Despite the wasps, the pool side experience was perfect.
Food - The food was really the only part of the holiday we weren't 100% happy with. There was lots of choice and a nice seating area but far too much english food for our liking. There was sometimes a Greek option and these were always yummy but they were too few and far between. It is a shame that the English tourists have a reputation for wanted only deep fried food on holiday. Pizza, chicken nuggets, chips and onion rings were pretty much there at every meal which for us was not that appealing. The breakfast had lots of choice but it was mostly fry up stuff and we found the sausages & bacon to be low quality and the eggs always baked. It would be great to have something different (Greek). If they had increased the Greek choices but kept some of the English for those that did want it things would have been perfect.
Atmosphere - There was a mix of people visiting the hotel, some really nice families and some pretty rowdy groups of young men. There was one particular group of Welsg guys who were very rude and constantly giving the staff a hard time. We thought they were going to be asked to leave but didn't in the end. It was a shame that they were around bringing down the mood for other people.
Location - The hotel is in a perfect location for those trying to avoid the main strip (like us) but close enough for those who want to visit.
Overall we were happy and pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and would reccomend to a friend. If they upgrade their beds and expand the Greek options on the menu it would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn Studios & Family Apartments is a family run hotel located near the centre of Laganas. The swimming pool, poolside bar, buffet restaurant, pool table room and children's playground and more amenities offer more choices to all age groups throughout the day while you may always visit lively Laganas at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Village Inn Studios & Family Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Inn Studios & Family Apartments Hotel Laganas
- Village Inn Studios And Family Apartments
- Village Hotel Laganas
- Village Inn Studios & Family Apartments Zakynthos/Laganas