“Loved this Hotel so much I wanted to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Louis Zante Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   On Laganas bay, Laganas 29092, Greece   |
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Laganas
UK
“Loved this Hotel so much I wanted to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stayed in this hotel from the end of September to mid October dutring what is probably seen as the quiet season before the rain comes to the Island, and I have to say despite the hotel having what I would guess as a skeleton staff it was simply amazing.

The food is very good with a fair mix of traditional foods and 'English' dishes. And i was impressed with the lack of waste of food. Anything left over seemed to be used in a another dish or in a soup.

Cabs to Zakinthos Town were ordered by the reception staff and were at the front of the hotel in 10 mins max. Friendlty staff, fantastic cleaners and wonderful weather. It really was an amazing holiday.

The hotel decor looks garish in pink and green but against a mostly white decor is very modern and clean looking.

I would say the only thing that let the hotel down was the entertainment, but with not many children at the hotel at the time i would imagine that there wasn't much demand for it.

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for peace and quiet and pure relaxation. And also to any one interested in wildlife as the beaches surrounding the hotel are home and bredding place to endangered turtles.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Time for a change after lots of all inclusives in the Canary islands. The room was ok, but the bathroom was seriously small (bunk beds for the children). I'd say the food was average and there was a serious issue with wasps around the pool but we left them alone and just got used to them.
This is a holiday for people who like the sea. After many,many holidays, I have never seen such beautiful clear warm water and we basically spent the entire week in there. You can take a really nice stroll along the beach in the evening and enjoy a drink in the beach bars as a family before they are busy. This is not a luxurious hotel by any standards but if your kids like a week in the sea then it's ideal!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

we flew with thompson airlines, and the food was very nice. we flew early in the morning and we were on zante by 11 oclock. Rich the rep was very helpful once we got to the hotel. the meeting in the morning was very informative; he told us where to go, what to do and all the details for a good holiday. The food once we got there was okay, if we missed lunch we went to the beach bar, which was a buffet outside main resturaunt times. the first letdown was our first room. we were situated right on the fire exit. If anyone came up the fire exit (which was regulary) there eyes would be drawn to the balcony, which could not be helped. we were then moved to a nice block right near the beach- nice views, nice distance so you couldent hear the ongoing entertainment at night and it was nice being able to guess the plane which flew over at day only. Only problem with the room was that my daughter caught SCABIES from the bed, which the sheets kept on coming off on. Also, the watered down beer gave me and my husband bad stomach for the 10 days that i was there, in the end we had to go buy it from the shops. However, the weather was fab and we walked into laganas nearly every night. must reccomend visiting Agios Sostis (Cameo Island) for a relaxing day. Also, it is a must that you hire a boat and visit the secluded beach on Marathonisi Island (turtle island). we sat by the beach enjoying the weather, and there are small caves to explore. the sea is very deep by marathonisi island, and the opposite by the beach. Sea warm and blue. The beach outside Louis Beach Hotel was nice, soft sand despite the regulations due to the turtle nesting. As soon as you went two minutes towards Laganas however, the sand was rock hard, dirty, smelly full hazards such as upturned bottle tops and cigarette ends. Whilst you are walking down the beach towards laganas aswell, shop owners try to entice you into the shop, which can become very annoying. However, towards the end of the holiday, we found a lovely restuarant called Caretta Caretta. it has a pool and has very friendly staff. the entertainment at the hotel was good, my daughter enjoyed the daytime clubs, meeting some friends and getting to know the entertainers: Emilio, Dora and Zuzanna. On the night the kids mini club disco went onto half nine, followed by bingo on some nights as well as varied shows like the turtle presentation, 70's night and quiz night.

I had a lovely time, fab setting and weather, also lots to do like the walking and beach activities.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed at the Louis Zante beach from 2nd - 9th October 2009. On arrival we had awful weather, the wind was so strong that walking on the beach was painful from the flying sand! We did walk into Laganas and i must say that we were a little scared, it was completely deserted and the only people we saw were the restaurant owners waiting outside for prey! There were no large supermarkets or decent shops at all, just seemed to be a large selection of steak houses! The weather was much better for the rest of the week which did make the whole area seem more inviting but it was still definately dated! The hotel itself was always very clean and tidy, our room was cleaned everyday with new towels etc the food was also good and they did offer quite a large selection, although i would say the childrens food appeared to be a little unhealthy! (burger or fish fingers and chips almost everynight) The waiters were extremely friendly and made a point of saying hello to every guest, the reception staff were also helpful. The daytime entertainment at the hotel was good (although i didnt actually take part in it!) but the animation team were never too pushy and always wished you a happy day. The main problem with the hotel is the night time entertainment... there isnt any! They do a childrens disco at 8.45 (which we thought was a bit late!?) and then they would have possibly bingo or another game at half 9. A couple of nights there were 'shows' but this was nothing more than the animation team standing on stage and mining along to songs and doing dances we had seen them learning earlier in the day. There was a Greek night which were looking forward to, however the only thing which made it Greek was the fact that there was a Kebab in the restaurant and 4 dancers who stood on the stage and moved from side to side for about half an hour, they looked more bored than we did! Overall i thought that the holiday was very relaxing, the beach was amazing and it was good to be so close to the airport (if you can call it that! id say its more like a shed!!) There were a LOT of wasps, i know you would expect there to be with drinks and ice creams around but there was definately more than average! We did also see some stray dogs and a pack started fighting when we were on the beach! Bit scary but otherwise they seemed harmless. The beds and pillows were absolutely rock hard! I would reccomend this hotel to a friend but i would definately suggest going earlier in the season.

• Stayed October 2009
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Were do I start? I read previous reviews and after staying at the Louis Hotel Zante Beach I agree with all the bad reports!
The hotel is 3 star not 4 star as it says on the door on the hotel room.
The food is disscusting, my 8 year old son refused to eat the food and he eats everything I put down to him. The food is cold and its always the same crap, pork pork and chicken if you can call it that as it wasnt cooked properlly!
The maids do not clean your room everyday as I had to go down to reception and ask for clean towels and toilet paper!
The kids entertainment area is a HAZARD! My son burnt his arm on one of the dodgy lights and a friend I met over there tripped on the stairs which have ripped old carpet on them. The hotel gave me after sun lotion for my sons arm which is a no no with burns. The hotel had no first aid box or no first aider.
Also everyone I was speaking to was ill including myself! We all had the same symtoms.
If you have booked up for this hotel I would highly reccomend changing hotels or your holiday destination. I would hate to see any familys waste money on a hotel and a holiday that is not worth it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

In summary:-
- Really nice hotel and staff once you get to know them especially Emilio (animation team) Andreas and Mikey (bar staff) Costus (waiter). They really appreciate when you learn a few of their basic words like Thank you
- Biggest issue - I would not really recomend to go to Laganas in October, most of the shops and bars are closed as its end of season. The day we left 19th October, there were only 30 people left in the hotel and it was very dead. The staff in the hotel are also down to a minimum and it would have been nicer to have gone to the hotel earlier when there would be more staff and people in the hotel. The bar area and entertainment areas wouldnt be so dead!!!
- If you want to see Smugglers cove or the turtles, again come earlier in the year. Both our trips were cancelled due to bad weather. Unfortunately the weather in October is very hit and miss and we went on a bad week. Thunderstorms and terrential rains all week!!!
- I agree with the problem with flies and wasps. They were every where!!!!! No dogs though.
- This holiday would have been perfect had we gone earlier in the year when its busier and the weather wasnt so bad.
- Ive been to all star hotels and would say this was a 3 and half star hotel but definately NOT a 4.
- Food was really good though, good variety and flavours. Cocktails were very strong, i got drunk on the one!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Soest, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Last week we went to the Greek island Zakynthos. The island itself is very
beautiful, as it’s very green and lush.

The hotel was what I would call a disappointment. It’s definitely not the
luxurious 4* that it claims to be:

The beds were horrible & the food was tasteless - you really had to drown it in salt
and pepper to get a little bit of flavour out of it. Because the served food was extremely fatty, I ended up gaining two kilos.

But ok, the hotel is clean and we had no bugs in our room (except for mosquitoes). I
guess that the staff was friendly enough - but you could tell that they were tired
after a long season.

The near-by city Laganas is not a real city, but is only a “turist-trap”, filled with shops and restaurants that are only open during high season. Since we went outside of season, most things were closed, and it was thereefore practically a ghost town while we were there.

There were many homeless cats and dogs, seeing them hungry, skinny and looking for food was quite disturbing as I am fond of animals and don't think that it's appropriate to let animals live like that.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Louis Zante Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!