“8th July- 15th July” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angela Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laganas
Angela Apartments
You added Angela Apartments to your Saves list
Laganas, Greece   |
Ranked #12 of 53 Specialty Lodging in Laganas
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“8th July- 15th July”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

8 of us (girls) were panicking after reading the reviews but when we got there it all changed, arrived and met james our rep (sweet as a nut) took passports 1 per room from us and had a quick greeting meeting, we then sat around the pool and the pool area is decent with an extra back garden, its a sun trap, the only thing is that the pool shut at 6 which I was gutted about because that was my cooling teqnique as its hot all day all evening, they corden the pool off but your still able to lounge around the loungers. Pool bar (steve,alex and dennis) staff are really friendly and its decent prices and they don't have a specific time to close the bar either, musics playing all the time and tony is decent, very friendly. We decided to go to the shop across the road and get some of our own drink and sneak it in, just make sure its in beach bags or something and you will be fine drinking in your room, if they see you they make sure they tell you about it, food is decent - jacket potatoes are lovely, literally on the strip so ideal for going back if you run out of money etc, don't go to lush bar because my friend got bumped as she gave the woman 50 euro and only gave her change from 10 and refused to do anything about it, be careful around the strip as both my friends had their phones stolen. Go to the lush and creamy place its 50 cent a shot and its real stuff, everywhere else is watered down except ghetto club, white party? don't waste your money, the walk there is fun if theres a few of you but other than that its too busy we left after 5 minutes and wiley didn't even turn up. Anyways more about the hotel - its good, show some respect and youll get it back, air con is very good its really cool sometimes we had to turn it off as we were too cold, shower just be careful with that as it soaks the place and you can hear everyone in the building if there also in their bathroom, I could hear someone singing in the morning time while taking their shower and someone being sick, maids do just come in but be nice - they have a job to do. we got kicked out early but we asked tony if we could keep 1 room on and he let us for 50 euro and we got kicked out at 9pm instead of 12 noon the same day, don't ask last minute just keep asking through out the holiday. We didn't buy anything of james he asked us for 300 euro for all of the events and you have to buy them asap but we didn't bother which im glad as I spent money on laughing gas far to much- plus most of us don't like staying in one club. The security guy at night is not a bother hes quiet and helpful if you need him. Dennis was a little creepy towards my friend but no harm done. apart from that we had a great time and make the most of it because when your home you get depressed like I am writing this - enjoy :)

Room Tip: all the same
Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

6 of us went on a stag do and stayed at this hotel, we read reviews and had seen the negitive ones that have been given to this hotel. All I can say is do not listen to them. The hotel is clean and basic, we were looked after all week by Steve and Alex the guys working behind the bar, they let us play our own music whenever we went, they loved THE BIG BAD WOLF ;-) Got along really well with Tony and his son Dennis as well, we all watched the football together in the bar and Tony made sure we were looked after, especially when we came in worse for wear! I think the general ruling is, treat the place with respect and you will get respect back from the owners, which I would expect if I owned a hotel!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went to Angela studios June 2nd 2013 with my partner, Hotel was average for Greece the owners were always nice to us but there was never nobody at reception through the day. We wanted a safe but couldn't get one since there was never nobody there just 1 man on a night who was security.

The Reps just tried to con you there was 1 rep martin who walked in our room at 7pm one night
whilst I was in the shower, he knocked on the door at 6.30am to try and sell you events which you get ALOT cheaper off the PR's!! There was a group of girls I met and they ignored the door to Martin and he went to get a spare key and just let himself in. There were soo many complaints about this rep that he got removed finally and replaced by James who was lovely.

You pay to sleep in the hotel for 7 nights we slept there for 6 and had to be out 12 mid day when we weren't getting picked up by transfurres until 5am the next morning!! That was 17hours without anyway to stay. Luckily me and my partner met a lovely couple there and they went out and let us stay in there room until we got picked up.

Cleaners just walked in without knocking whilst you were still in bed and try to clean the room. The walls were paper thin you could hear every conversation in the rooms you were next to, you could hear there shower and toilets flushing.

Room Tip: Just don't pick this hotel haha
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

It was only me and my mate who went on hoiday to zante this year and we just wanted to meet loads of people and we couldnt of asked for a better hotel and better reps.

Its the best Club 18-30 hotel in Zante, James and Sascha are the reps there and they are always doing pool games and making sure everyone is havin a good time.

The trips are really good too, PAint party was epic, Frat party was sick, Full Moon Party was something else epic DJ and there was 700 people there easy, Boat party was good, Westwood was a great night.

I am coming back at the end of season to do it all again,

See you at the Big Reunion

Stirling, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am just back from a holiday here to the Angela studios. It was not what I expected. I was on a club 18-30 holiday.

When we arrived we had to hand in one passport from our room, so that if there were any damage that it was paid for before leaving the hotel.

1. In the brochure is says that there is a 24 hour reception, there is never anyone on reception except from at night but that's basically just a security person seeing who is going in and out of the hotel.

2, The maid just walks straight in to your room even when your sleeping she will come in and open the curtains and doors.

3. Checking out of the hotel was a disaster they had lost a load of passports which they eventually found and then took them about 2 hours to finally get the passports back.
We had to check out of our hotel Sunday 12pm and our flight home wasn't until 6am Monday morning. They didn't even let us keep the hotel room open or nothing so for 14 hours or so we had to walk around with nothing to do.

4. Our cases were left at the hotel until the transfer came but they were left out the front of the hotel with no one watching them. So anyone could have came and lifted the cases and took them away.

5.We tried to purchase a safe for the week but there was never no one around at reception so we didn't have one for the week. I would have preferred a safe to keep all our valuables and money in.

6. Beware of charges. They will charge you for anything that's broken. One day we got our sheets etc changed and we got ripped sheets we told our reps straight away so that we would not get a charge for them, they did get changed and we didn't get charged.

7. The walls are paper thin you can hear everything from the room next door.

I would advise anyone going here no check their room thoroughly before anything else and make sure nothing is damaged or broken so that they do not get the blame.

I wouldn't go back here it wasn't what I expected. It was as if they were just after making money off you from anything.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Zante with 18-30 on the 29th of May 2012 and paid £220, for a week self catering.

Our coach arrived at the hotel in the early morning and a whole group of us out of the coach and headed to reception. Once we were at reception Tony (Owner of hotel) asked for 1 passport per room this is to ensure you don't leave the hotel without paying for any damage you may of caused.
After I handed in my passport, me and my cousin were shown to our room.

Before coming away I was a little worried about the rooms and the hotel as a whole but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was great for what we paid for however some people may find the shower a little annoying. The shower we had was very tempamental and it was either really hot or really cold. Please do not expect a shower similar to one you may have at home. The showers in this hotel are just a white square on the floor with a very low shower head. I'm around 5'3 and I'm sure it came up to my waist, I had to constantly bend down and there is no shower curtain or screen.

After we'd checked out the room, we went down stairs to check out the pool and bar. Pool is nice and bar is cool, Tony offered me and my cousin a free cocktail which was obviously really nice of him. The bar staff did regular deals at bar like €10 for an hour of unlimited drinks.

The hotel is literally on the strip which was perfect. I don't know whether I'm just a deep sleeper but the noise from the strip never affected my sleep and my room overlooked the strip. They do lovely snacks at Tony's cafe outside the hotel, I was always getting food from there after a night out.

I had a great week in Zante and I'm glad I stayed at Angela Studios, the only negative things I have say about Angela studios are:

1. Maids! In my opinion. maids are very rude, they barge right into your rooms. For me personally, I've been in the middle of getting dressed on both occasions that they've barged in. I know they want to get their job over and done with but customer service is far more important and considering they only come twice in the week just to make your bed you'd think they'd have a little more patience.

2. Tony. I've seen from here everyone has had a different experience with Tony. Let me first say, I didn't get in any trouble for anything at the hotel. At first Tony seemed very welcoming and kind but slowly I began to see a different side to him. He was always chatting up my cousin, now considering he's in his late 50's, early 60's she was very uncomfortable one thing he said to her word for word is 'Your body is mine, I'd put insurance on your body' My cousin also got attention from a couple of people on nights out as you do. One night, one of lads walked her to her hotel. From then on he kept coming to the front of the hotel to find my cousin, one time Tony kicked him and chased after him. This didn't happen to anyone else that was waiting for someone from our hotel. As the week went on, he just became more and more disturbing in the way he spoke and looked at my cousin. She started to get uncomfortable just to sunbathe by the pool. I think Tony takes advantage of his postion as the owner because he knows, that people won't stand up to him as they are in fear of getting kicked out, especially girls. Even our 18-30 rep noticed what a creep he became.

I would of had a much better experience if The Angela had a different owner.

• Stayed May 2012
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

A friend and I went June 2012 and we loved the hotel! - We were close to switching as we had read some AWFUL reviews and I'm very happy I didn't. The hotel is basic, cleaned regularly enough, Air-con available, safe, nice clean pool.. but the two things i think i liked most about this hotel is the staff and the location.
First off 'SHOTGUN TONY' is NOT a 'perv' as I have read in other reviews before going. He's a nice guy and he will look after you (and I'm not just talking about girls, the guys staying in the room nearby thought he was a decent bloke), some people claim he is a bit strict but HEY, if you're a drunk teenager who wants to throw a chair off a balcony, I think he has a bit of a right to get a little stricter with you. As long as you treat the room with a bit of respect he will allow you some free drinks, some food etc.
Second, if you're a party-nut (which I assume you are choosing a holiday in Zante) this hotel is perfect. It is, not CLOSE to the strip, its ON the strip!! We met so many other people who complained that their hotel was at least a 15 minute walk away so Angela Studios is great!
Yes there are rules about no alcohol in the rooms but it was never a problem to us - Tony will turn a blind eye to it if he see's you walking in with booze. My advice is just to not wave it in his face, put it in a bag.

Please don't listen to any bad reviews, i certainly do not think this hotel deserves them :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Angela Apartments? Share your experiences!