“DONT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angela Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laganas
Angela Apartments
You added Angela Apartments to your Saves list
Laganas, Greece   |
Ranked #12 of 53 Specialty Lodging in Laganas
Kent
“DONT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

A friend and I went June 2012 and we loved the hotel! - We were close to switching as we had read some AWFUL reviews and I'm very happy I didn't. The hotel is basic, cleaned regularly enough, Air-con available, safe, nice clean pool.. but the two things i think i liked most about this hotel is the staff and the location.
First off 'SHOTGUN TONY' is NOT a 'perv' as I have read in other reviews before going. He's a nice guy and he will look after you (and I'm not just talking about girls, the guys staying in the room nearby thought he was a decent bloke), some people claim he is a bit strict but HEY, if you're a drunk teenager who wants to throw a chair off a balcony, I think he has a bit of a right to get a little stricter with you. As long as you treat the room with a bit of respect he will allow you some free drinks, some food etc.
Second, if you're a party-nut (which I assume you are choosing a holiday in Zante) this hotel is perfect. It is, not CLOSE to the strip, its ON the strip!! We met so many other people who complained that their hotel was at least a 15 minute walk away so Angela Studios is great!
Yes there are rules about no alcohol in the rooms but it was never a problem to us - Tony will turn a blind eye to it if he see's you walking in with booze. My advice is just to not wave it in his face, put it in a bag.

Please don't listen to any bad reviews, i certainly do not think this hotel deserves them :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Anglea was very basic but what do you expect from a 18-30 holiday, The rooms were cleaned regularly but the cleaners let themselves in, Aircon is 7 euros a day and the safe is a similar price. Had the safe fixed everyday. We were in a group of 6, all guys

Tony also known as SHOTGUN TONY is okay a lot more friendlier to girls, He was fine with us at the start then he shouted at a member of our group and since that night. Things would go missing like money etc. If you buy stuff from PRs to events they will take you to the Hotel but they are hated by Tony. The night guy was fine cant remember his name but he was always up for a laugh.

Hotel is a stone throw from the strip

You can only eat or drink from Tony's bar but we just filled food and drink in a bag, That we bought from the shop crisps, chocolate, water and cans of drink etc etc. Always have a 1 litre cold water in the fridge for when you wake up from a messy night out.

DO NOT BUY FROM THE 18-30 REPS. THEY JUST OVERPRICE THINGS, Offered us an event for 55 euros then we was offered the same event on the strip as a VIP by the PR at 15 euros.

Report all damages to the reception staff as they have a hefty price to pay if they think you have done it. They take 1 person from each rooms passport.

Best event - White Party (Sunday)
Best place to eat - Cool Peppers
Best bar - Cheeky Tikis
Best club - Rescue, Cherry Bay and Waikiki

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

i stayed in the angela studio hotel for 2 weeks and loved every minute of it. Its a basic hotel but its a great hotel for a clubbing holiday. The owner and his staff are amazing all so kind and caring and they make sure everyone is happy and having fun. Tony the owner would do anything for anyone he is such a great guy, may come across very strange but he is lovely!! During the day at the pool is always a good laugh , music is always on which sets a good atmostphere. We went with 18-30's and i would not recomend to do any of their packages as we got mucked about, i dislocated my knee and couldnt make it to one of the nights out and the wouldnt give me my money back and also we had planned booze cruise and when it came to the day the rep was no where to be seen. The rep was also no where to be seen the day we left , was a bit stange after we had made a complaint about him. Overall the holiday was amazing and i enjoyed every minute of it! I would recomend it to anyone..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went with me an a mate, such a good time. Hotel is basic, but it was pretty good for what it was, rooms were a little worn an torn in places.. but unless you intend to spend long days couped up in your room... does this really matter? The pool area was wicked, good tunes being blazed out all day, couldnt complain, pool bar was a little on the expensive side, but doing 1 hour free bar for like 10 euro, you could defo get your moneys worth. The food place right on the front of the hotel was pretty tasty, good for hangovers, and well good for midnight munch on way back to room after the night out. Club 1830 rep was amazin, really brought it to life. As for Tony.. hes a nice guy and looks out for everyone, but just don't expect much if you upset him.

Room Tip: Road view, you get view of the whole strip!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks 6th-20th September with my other half.
The rooms were basic but had everything you needed in them. Make sure you check the room for any damages when you arrive and report them as soon as possisible. Upon arriving we were shown to our room by a rep trying to sell trips etc. We reported damages to the room and broken things to the rep and things were replaced quickly. We were lucky to have a head height shower holder as everyone else I spoke to only had a waist high one.:) the rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels were only left if you left the towels in a heap in the floor. Our room was 129 which is bottom floor right next to the pool bar! If you want sleep forget about it as the music is blaring all night and day. Also for being self catering you are not aloud to take your own alcohol in to the room.
Pool area was kept spotless, cleaned and hosed down every morning including the sun loungers. Which was a shame about the pool as it was swarming with dead wasps floating about all the time yuck!
Pool bar was expensive but so were all the bars on the stip. In the pool bar 10 euros for a free bar for an hour and half for ladies and one hour for guys, you got a pint of drink and had to finish it before getting another this was good and got you really drunk. Music from the pool bar was always really loud! To loud you couldnt hear each other speak. Alex and Steve behind the bar were great to chat to while down there always so happy ad friendly to everyone. Most nights we got so drunk in the bar we never made it out.
The hotel is full of young lively people looking for a good time. Well some of them! We got to out last week and we must have had some of the most loudest guest ever! Didnt know when to stop drinking most of them slamming doors and shouting at all times of the morning this was a bit of a pain as we were always told off for making little noise by Andre the hotel security guard. Think my last straw was on the Sunday before we came home I went to get food from out front and go back to the room( food out front was good) and there was a boy who had just arrived 3 hours ago from his flight lying steaming drunk outside my door covered in sick and had taken a poo outside my room door! I couldn't get back in to the room and my other half couldn't get out!
Overall the hotel is Ok if your willing to drink all night and sleep all day as you don't get much sleep during the night as all the clubs are open till 6-7 am. I like to party as much as the next person but when I came in to the hotel I was quiet about it unlike the others. You could hear people talking on the top floor from the bottom floor.
All in all we did have a good holiday Tony is lovely and so is his son Denis. Denis even took me to get a birthday cake :)
Wouldn't go back to this hotel but would defenetly vist the staff again as they were all amazing.

• Stayed September 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

not a bad hotel at all for what we paid for it,
okay the room wasn't AMAZINGLY clean noticed the walls / floor looked a bit dirty in the corners, the hobs didnt look very clean either but does it really matter? didnt affect our holiday ,we never made food in the room anyway, it was so cheap to eat out we just ate out every evening.
one problem we did have was the shower, most hotels don't have shower curtains or are hand held so you cant really moan about that, but ours seemed to be blocked n water just kept overflowing and flooding the bathroom which gradually got worse. then again we never mentioned it so the person before us may not have either. may have got sorted else

also one day we never got given clean towels which we really needed as one was so soaked from mopping up the wet bathroom and they also didnt give us any toilet roll and when asked they just said ' not getting any in till later' which i thought was a bit off but it was no biggie , we just went to the supermarket which is literally across the street to buy some

maids will just knock and walk in so watch out for that, we were asleep one morning absolutely hanging, n they just came in n demanded we get out of the bed cause they needed to change the sheets.. which was highly annoying especially as i was just in my underwear, we sat out the balcony to get out their way and they then came out there mopping about our feet.. they left the floor sopping wet aswel which i slipped over on pretty badly, quite dangerous

the location is absolutely amazing, met a few people n they had quite a walk down the road from the strip. this hotel is right on the strip so its ideal, we could pretty much see up the strip from our balcony, we never realy drank from the bar as we found the drinks too big , really strong n expensive if you didnt get the ten euro bar, n when you did we just struggled to make full use out of it as you had to finish one drink to get another so we were literally trying to down it to get another n get our moneys worth which just resulted in being ridiculoously drunk n be suffering the worst hangover of my life the next day lol alex behind the bar is absolutely lovely, we really got on with her

tony is really not that bad, don't listen to the reviews. obviously if you treat the hotel with no respect, what do you expect? he doesnt just dislike you for no good reason.. he gave us a bit of a telling off the first night for being loud when we came in, but its fair enough when other people are trying to sleep n having to be up early for flights its not really what they want to hear . i never ate from their food place downstairs but i heard it was really nice
we never got a safe we just locked our money etc in our case
n fact most days id jus leave my straightners etc lying around. never had any problems with anything being stolen

we never got charged for anything either, i wouldnt say we left everythin PERFECT either , sheets , towels etc so the people getting charged must have been leaving them in some state

pay to take someone back to the hotel but mosst of the hotels there were the same,

i would recommend it, if you want an amazing perfect hotel then go for a higher star n more expensive one but we thought this hotel was ideal n the location was amazing

lincoln
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Have seen mixed reviews about this hotel.

I stayed with my sister for the 18-30s last week.

In Tony's defense (the owner) when we arrived he told our taxi driver off for charging us too much money and made him refund us a couple of euros.

However, at the end of the week he then tried to charge us 20euros as there was neon paint on the sheets...interesting, considering we hadn't been to the paint party...? If you kick up a fuss (as I did) you shouldn't have to pay (within reason) we were approached around the pool area to pay for ours and I don't think they wanted us to attract attention to how money-grabbing they were...

One night after a night on the strip, my flip flop broke and I was walking back to the hotel alone with a guy from a group we had made friends with. As we got to the entrance of the hotel Tony and his son basically chased the poor bloke down the road, saying he couldn't come in. Again, I wasn't happy with this, saying to Tony I hadn't wanted to walk home alone barefoot! He did apologize, but still...

My advice is, if you're going to the 18-30s to meet men/women and get hammered, don't stay at the Angela! You can't bring people or booze into the hotel! My sister and I stuck bottles of wine in our beach bags, however I heard a group of lads saying by the pool Tony had confiscated their whiskey and wouldn't give them it back until the end of the week!

Basically the owners just want to make money from people they think will be too young/drunk/hungover to complain... Beware.

I'm up for a party as much as the next person but the pool bar music was so loud I could hear every single word from our room, round the other side of the hotel, with industrial earplugs in I had been given by a friend before arriving! Not cool, considering it starts around lunchtime everyday...not ideal for those wanting a lay in after a heavy night on the strip.

Location is good, right on the strip. Rooms were very basic, but then if you only want to sleep in them it doesn't matter.

Biggest issue- we got turfed out the hotel at 12pm on the Thursday...however our flight wasn't until 6am on the Friday...? We had to pay 30euros to keep the hotel until 9pm just so we could have a shower etc after a day at the pool! Just another way of getting extra money...

Overall, I wouldn't recommend. The hidden costs, plus the general seediness of staff gave the place a sinister feel and I honestly wouldn't go back if you paid me (back what they took of us!!)

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs balcony, the downstairs ones were so small you could barely fit two people on th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Angela Apartments? Share your experiences!