“Lovely family run hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Dimitris Villas
2.0 of 5 Villa   |   Kamari, Kamari 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #27 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Kamari
Zurich, Switzerland
“Lovely family run hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is great, and run by a very nice and friendly family. We had a little bit of a problem with the air conditioner that seemed to be fighting a losing battle against keeping our room cool, but then again we were visiting Greece in the middle of July and so the summer heat is to be expected and thus it is not really anything to say against the hotel.

The staff were excellent in explaining things to us, very helpful in giving us the layout of the island and with arranging an ATV for us to use, with delivery and pickup of the ATV directly at our hotel. They also provided us a convenient transfer back to the airport to catch our flight. What more can you ask for from a short 5 day holiday. We recommend this facility and will certainly use it again next time we find ourselves in Santorini.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

It's really good that people can cook in the room. There is almost everything you need to cook except condiment. the hotel is also very peaceful. the hotel staff is super nice. Andrew picked us up at the bus stop.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was here in August, I knew that you have to pay extra for A/C but there really was no need for it, I guess it depends on the room you're in. The pool is nice, the room was big enough and clean - breakfast was simple but enough. The only downside - which was not really important to me - is that you have to walk about 10 minutes to get to all the restaurants and to the places where something is happening (other hotels are exactly in the center, so you get out of the hotel and boom! you're in the middle of all the action).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I decided to stay in Kamari this year when I visited Santorini as I usually stay on the Caldera and wanted to try something different. I liked this hotel because of the family feel and I felt right at home. The rooms are really spacious and affordable, and what I really liked is the fact I didn't have to leave the hotel to enjoy cheap affordable tasty Greek food. There is also entertainment on Friday and Sunday nights and you can really enjoy the Greek hospitality. It is run by the family Dimitris, his wife Poppy, daughter Maria and Andreas who is a real darling and is such a warm and friendly person he will go out of his way to help you with whatever you need. I extended my stay there and really didn't want to leave as Kamari has such a lovely vibe and there's lots of things to do at night with bars, restaurants, shops and I even got Andreas out one night to sing karaoke with me it was lots of fun.

What I really loved was the food, try the beftekia they are amazing, and you can smell the fresh food each morning when Poppy gets up to cook .... it is delightful! I used to always ask her what was fresh on the menu that night!

Breakfast is served until 10.30am which is a bonus if you've had a late night. Most hotels only offer breakfast if you get up late, you can have a lovely Greek omelette or something from the taverna, there is always food available ... you're in Greece they love their food!

The pool is beautiful and clean and the beach isn't far either.

What I loved about this place is it wasn't that expensive, great value for money. The rooms are spacious, depending on which one you book.

You will enjoy this place without a doubt. I'll be back and will recommend a lot of my friends to stay there as well. Ask Andreas if you head out to karaoke to sing for you, as he also performs in the Greek band at the taverna he is a really talented musician.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have spent 8 days in Santorini Kamari- Dimitri's studios.
the accomodation was suitable for basic needs with a smal kitchen and terrace.
Food was very tasty and fresh and not so expensive as in other tavernas.
I quite admire this multi-tasking family. they are practically self sustaining and they create avery pleasant atmosphere for the tourists. You begin to feel at home after the first day.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are note recommended
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Alicante, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

A great small hotel and rooms made better by the family atmosphere. Dimitris and Poppy run the establishment, Andrea and Babbis play the music, wait on tables and serve in the restaurant and Maria doers everything! Very friendly and well situated. The music must be the best in Kamari. Andrea has had 4 years in Athens Music School. The food is excellent, better than other more well known establishments. A little near the airport but not a problem, in fact it´s fun watching the planes. Five minutes from the sea and 10 centre of town.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

I stayed with my girlfriend at this hotel for 6 nights. When we got to the gate of the hotel, the owner (Poppy) was waiting for us at the gate.
Owners' attitude
Besides the fact that her outfit did nit look very neat, she didn't even bothered to say hello to the new commers, as she handled the keys and returned to whatever she was doing. She didn't even give us directonts to the room, although it was not very obvius where the room was located. Except for the owners' son, nobody speaks very well English.

Aspect and cleansiness of the room
As we are not very picky, we ignored the fact that the room and bathroom looked rather desolating (as may see in the attached pictures). However, my girlfried find several hair on the floor and in the bathroom.

Air conditioner

Unless your travel agency already informed you on the aspect, you you have the surprise to find our that the a/c costs an extra 5eur/day. Fortunaly, although in we were there in August, the temperature is not unbearable (at least in the evenings) as to require an a/c.

Do not expect to have a too consistent breakfast. You will only find there tea, long coffee and apetisers (such as cheese and some sort of ham) but which to not look very fresh. When I asked the owner why is so little food, she reply in a basic English: "What do you expect, this is a cheap hotel".

So, keep that in mind when you go there.
Cheers!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dimitris Villas? Share your experiences!