We booked this holiday after researching the island a far bit and was not disappointed. The accommodation was a lot better than a lot of cheap Greek places I have stayed, fully equipped and extremely clean (was cleaned every day). The bathroom was your usual Greek bathroom, very small and basic but everything worked and no trouble with hot water. The apartments are extremely close to the airport but we were aware of that so it wasn't a problem, and when we travelled at the beginning of the season there were only half a dozen or so flights a day, mainly daytime/early evening when we were out anyway. Be aware the if you travel very early as we did the pool wasn't filled, but after a couple of days it was so again it wasn't a problem. There are plenty of beaches nearby for swimming. Anna and Illias (sorry if the spelling's wrong) couldn't be more helpful and I was quite sad to leave them in the end. They will pick you up from the airport/port if needed but make sure you contact them first so they know the time you will be arriving. They will also give you lifts to Kamari or Fira and the local supermarkets. We had some sort of drink/food given to us daily from them which was very nice indeed. I have travelled in Greece quite a bit and always found the Greeks very friendly and giving but have never before experienced the genuine kindness of this lovely couple.We hired a small car for the week which didn't cost much and made getting around a lot easier. The resort is only 20 minutes from Fira, and aobut 35 minutes from Oia. Both these places are lovely but it was nice to get back to the resort for a bit of peace and quiet (even with the odd plane), and get away from the crowds. Admittedly you do miss the stunning sunsets on this side of the island but if you are awake early enough you can see equally stunning sunrises without having to actually get out of bed!
- Also Known As:
- Anna Traditional Apartments Hotel
- Anna Traditional Apartments Kamari
- Anna Traditional Apartments Hotel Kamari
- Anna Traditional Apartments Santorini/Kamari
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anna Traditional Apartments is a family-run complex of fully furnished traditional homes and build with love & respect to the island's tradition and architecture. Wood and stone are the main structure of the apartments. Sunbeds & tropical style umbrellas decorate the pool area. The apartments are only 80 metres from the nearest beach and there is a bus stop 100 metres from the hotel complex with a regular bus to local island destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Anna Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.