“First Class Service/Accomodations+Good Times=AquaVatos :)” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Street, Kamari 84700, Greece   |
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Kamari
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
“First Class Service/Accomodations+Good Times=AquaVatos :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

Hi all, my wife and I just returned from a 2.5 week vacation in Greece in which 4 days were spent at the magnificent Aqua Vatos Hotel in Kamari, Santorini. I will briefly summarize all aspects of this hotel and our experiences for all readers.

1.) The Property : This hotel was taken over by George and Alina over 1 year ago. With their hard work, freindly service and sense of interior design the both of them they have managed to make this hotel a A class property. The pool area is very clean and a great place to sit back, relax and enjoy a drink and a swim. As a note to anyone thinking of travelling to santorini, this hotel is at an amazing location for the following reasons. Its located 100 meters from the beach and strip of cafes, restaurants, stores etc. None of the hotels in this area have the post card view that all of us are familiar with. All of these views are from Fira and Oia. Fira is a 10 minute bus ride from kamari and Oia is about a 20 minute bus ride. I preferred staying near the "beach" towns such as kamari which is clounset and not to stay in there room. The rooms at theking the 1.10 EUR bus ride to FIra in the evening. The hotels in areas subed,washroom and closet as well as a mini fridge,tv and AC. It was perfect for us. If you are expecting huge sized rooms and that Penthouse look found Fira and Oia not somewhere I would want to stay but rather somewhere I enjoyed going at night. I would prefer staying at a place such as Kamari which is much closer to the beach and more spread out and less clausterphobic.

2.) The Rooms : The rooms at this hotel were nicely decorated and clean. Rooms were cleaned on a daily basis as well as change of towels were completed on a daily basis. Since there are differing opinions in what consitutes a great room I want to make something very clear. A room for the most part, in many places where one goes on vacation, are basically for showering and sleeping. If you are intending on going on vacation to stay in your room you might as well just vacation in your own home. Reason I am mentioning this is because I see many reviews that focus on how small a room was or other criteria which in my opinion are not that important especially at vacation hotspots such as santorini. People come to Santorini to explore the island, go to its magnificant beaches, go to Fira for the postcard view, or Oia and see the snewline--
To summarize the Aqua Vatos is definetely a 5 star hotel when it comes to service and accomodations. To all, George,Alina and all the staff at the hotel I want to thank you all for giving us the oppurtunity to experience your marvelous property in Kamar of the Western world then in all honesty you wont find that on any islands in Greece.

3) The Owners : This is the key factor in what makes this hotel a 5 star in my opinion. Service is key these days and both George and Alina have managed to find the perfect balance in offering the most freindly service I have ever experienced in Greece. I have gone to many other islands in Greece(Paros,Crete,Kerkyra,Kefalonia,Zakyntho,Rhodes etc) none of which I had experienced such freindly service from the owners. Staying at the Aqua Vatos I felt like I was staying with family. They definetely make you feel 'at home'. Whatever we wanted they were there for us. Even hanging around at the front desk with George and Alina was very enjoyable and there wasn't this feeling of only come talk to me if you need something. George and Alina would come up to us and ask us how our stay is so far and if we need anything...and we would end up sitting there just talking about everything and anything for hours. I definetely give both of them a 2 thumbs up on there service and hospitality.

To summarize the Aqua Vatos is definetely a 5 star hotel when it comes to service and accomodations. To all, George,Alina and all the staff at the hotel I want to thank you all for giving us the oppurtunity to experience your marvelous property in Kamari, Santorini. In closing I want to say that both my Wife and I would definetely return back to this island only to re-live the wonderful service we received at the Aqua Vatos.

George/Alina all the best to the both of you and your families and may all your wishes come true.

Your new filarakia
Giorgos, Fotoula and 'bebis or beba' :)
Sept 24-28,2006

• Liked — Quality Service
  • Disliked — Cant think of anything negative about the property
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to AquaVatos. You will love it
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2006

Santorini is rated as one of the places to see before you die. It is. However the caldera side resorts Fira & Oia are overrun. Kamari beach is an honest sea side resort..in late September the loudest noise on the beach after the waves was the sound of paperback pages being turned. The hotel is good 3 star.. [bathrooms leave a little room for improvement ] our rooms had balconies and were nicely furnished & equipped. Geore and his sister Alani were the best. Greek is not an easy language to read or speak, so one feels a little isolated...George & Alani made us feel very much at home..and their attitude and concern that we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves helped us to relax. If you are going to Santorini..stay in this hotel.

[and if you are looking to eat out in Kamari Beach, Taverna Sellada cannot be beat for price, authenticity or friendly service.]

• Liked — The Owners.
  • Disliked — The Bathrooms.
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the owners' knowledge of the island.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2006

My wife, one year old and I stayed at Acqua Vatos 30 Sept - 5 Oct 2006. Many of our friends thought we were crazy to travel to Santorini with a one year old. But after a lot of research I'm soo happy that I found Acqua Vatos. We had a Master Suite (bedroom/livingroom/bathroom/2balconies!) that was decorated superbly. And by this I mean very islandy and in the greek manner. Our balcony overlooked the pool. To our pleasure the room was very child friendly. Breakfast was looked forward to every morning. You can't beat yogurt and greek honey.... Olga, the matron saint of breakfast, was so kind to our little son. She would play with him give him more food if he pointed. For those curious breakfast would consist of fruit, juices, coffee, teas, cereals, variety of breads, croissants, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cheese, ham, cakes, etc. A full range even for the picky eater. We would have breakfast every morning at the hotel, fend for ouselves for lunch, and ask the "all knowing" George or Alina for their recommendations for dinner. I strongly recommend listening to them because every resturant they recommended was FANTASTIC! Our favorites in Kamari were Alexander and Nichteri! Here's a note to anyone traveling to Santorini with a small child or even without! Kamari is relatively flat and stroller friendly as opposed to Fira,Oia,etc.. where you have tons of steps. What was so nice about Acqua Vatos was how close to the beach it was, how in the middle of the shops and resturants and a movie theatre. Snakes on the Plane was playing while we were there (in English!) We paid a quater of what one would pay in the caldera towns. Soo not worth it! Rent a car like we did which was less than 150 euros for 5 days and go to those towns to soak up the view. No need to pay all that extra $$. As I just mentioned, we rented a car which was the best move with our little one. It allowed us to move at will and not depend on taxi's or buses. We rented the car with Alina at Acqua Vatos. I looked at a few sites like Hertz and would find cars costing 900 euros....crazy. Just rent when you arrive. We had such a wonderful time. George and Alina thank you soo soo much!!

• Liked — Hosts - Location
  • Disliked — that I don't live there year round
  • Tips/Secrets — stay in Kamari and rent a car = save you lots and lots of $$!!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Acqua Vatos from Sept. 28-30 and loved every minute! Everything said previously about the wonderful service and hospitality of the owners, George and Alina, are true. They made our stay enjoyable, comfortable and memorable. When a suite wasn't available, they put us in a larger family room; our departure to Athens was a late-night flight, so they gave us an empty room so we weren't stranded for the day; resturaunt recommendations were superb (don't miss Alexanders!) and their personalized maps helped us find our way around the beautiful island.

The hotel is clean and comfortable, with fresh paint, furnishings and decorations all around. The rooms are nice, with adequate bathroom fixtures (the shower is very small) and decent air conditioning. As someone who likes to read in bed, I found the room's lighting to be lacking, but a small travel book light would easily solve that problem. Plenty of space around the pool to relax in lounge chairs. Good location to walk to the beach, resturaunts and activities, with the bus stop only steps from the front gate.

We are used to five-star accomodations for our vacations, and stayed at major resorts in Mykonos and Athens during our two-week trip to Greece. Although we would not consider the Vatos of five-star resort quality, the exceptional service and comfortable accomodations make it the place to stay in Kamari and all of Santorini!

• Liked — The service!!
  • Disliked — Hmmm.... nothing!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

Ok, everything has been said, so I wont repeat in detail.

1>Great value
2>Great Location
3>You will struggle to find better hosts around Earth
4>Every other thing good that I have not said.

Specifically:-
My partners dream destination was Santorini, I tried for weeks to make this happen within a reasonable budget still providing a standard high enough to enjoy. Defeated I gave up on Santorini with nothing near good enough within budget. Then I made my way down trip advisor from number one till I found this place.

It had everything, awesome location, great hotel, great hosts and cheap cheap cheap.
So I booked, and everything was perfect. George and Alina are the best people on the island, they will direct you to best everything else on the island, so do yourself the favour, ask them, and you will save time and have “the best” straight up.

My partner loved the surprise (only finding out Santorini was our destination at the boarding gates!!) and I loved the cost and we both loved the place. We all won, and this would not have been possible if not for George, Alina and their team.

Common saying around the island, and this is true of this place, its "The best!".

Lovely hotel, super people, love your work guys!!

Kyron & Maresce.

• Stayed September 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

Had the most wonderful stay at the Acqua Vatos Hotel! We booked the Junior Suite and found the bedroom and lounge were of a good size! The room was very clean and cleaned with fresh towels on a daily basis! Breakfast was good and they even accomodated us for a late breakfast having not made it out of bed early enough after our long flight on the first day -there was no extra charge and a wonderful gesture which summed up perfectly the good nature of George and Alina and all the staff at the Acqua Vatos! George and Alina are excellent hoteliers and will go that extra mile to assist you and make your stay perfect in everyway! There is nothing that is too much for them and I always found them with a smile and an excellent knowledge of the island that was second to none! I would recommend this hotel to my closest friends, family and anyone else who is looking to stay in Santorini! I will certainly be back in the next few years! ! Ian and Kelllee! !

• Liked — Hosts
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2006

George from the Acqua Vatos Hotel saved me from having the shortest marriage ever. I had booked two weeks at another hotel for my honeymoon, however when I called to confirm 36 hours before we flew out they said that they didn't have my booking and were fully booked (I found my booking confirmation 2 days after we returned from Greece). It must have been 23:45 when I called George desperately looking for somewhere to stay and his helpful and friendly outlook on that call were repeated throughout our stay at his hotel. There are many reasons I could give for recommending that you stay at the Vatos, these are a few:
*Rooms decorated to a standard and degree of originality not normally found in Greece
*Great location 1 minute walk from the beach road
*Beautiful pool area
*Lovely breakfast with great choice -- coffee just doesn't taste the same at home
*Sincere recommendations for trips and restaurants
What truly sets apart a stay at the Vatos from other hotels is George & Alina Tsolakakis, you'll feel like you have gone to stay with close friends. George, Alina and all of the staff will try to help you in any way they can and always have a genuine warm smile for you. For my new wife and I it's the little extra touches that George does so well, a little comment here, a thoughtful gesture there - and these add up to really matter.
We will definitely go back to the Vatos in the future to see everyone again and recommend that you go too.
Thank you George, Alina & all for helping have an unforgetable honeymoon. Steve & Cath, England xx

• Liked — the people
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for a suite
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Acqua Vatos Hotel? Share your experiences!