Hi all, my wife and I just returned from a 2.5 week vacation in Greece in which 4 days were spent at the magnificent Aqua Vatos Hotel in Kamari, Santorini. I will briefly summarize all aspects of this hotel and our experiences for all readers.
1.) The Property : This hotel was taken over by George and Alina over 1 year ago. With their hard work, freindly service and sense of interior design the both of them they have managed to make this hotel a A class property. The pool area is very clean and a great place to sit back, relax and enjoy a drink and a swim. As a note to anyone thinking of travelling to santorini, this hotel is at an amazing location for the following reasons. Its located 100 meters from the beach and strip of cafes, restaurants, stores etc. None of the hotels in this area have the post card view that all of us are familiar with. All of these views are from Fira and Oia. Fira is a 10 minute bus ride from kamari and Oia is about a 20 minute bus ride. I preferred staying near the "beach" towns such as kamari which is clounset and not to stay in there room. The rooms at theking the 1.10 EUR bus ride to FIra in the evening. The hotels in areas subed,washroom and closet as well as a mini fridge,tv and AC. It was perfect for us. If you are expecting huge sized rooms and that Penthouse look found Fira and Oia not somewhere I would want to stay but rather somewhere I enjoyed going at night. I would prefer staying at a place such as Kamari which is much closer to the beach and more spread out and less clausterphobic.
2.) The Rooms : The rooms at this hotel were nicely decorated and clean. Rooms were cleaned on a daily basis as well as change of towels were completed on a daily basis. Since there are differing opinions in what consitutes a great room I want to make something very clear. A room for the most part, in many places where one goes on vacation, are basically for showering and sleeping. If you are intending on going on vacation to stay in your room you might as well just vacation in your own home. Reason I am mentioning this is because I see many reviews that focus on how small a room was or other criteria which in my opinion are not that important especially at vacation hotspots such as santorini. People come to Santorini to explore the island, go to its magnificant beaches, go to Fira for the postcard view, or Oia and see the snewline--
To summarize the Aqua Vatos is definetely a 5 star hotel when it comes to service and accomodations. To all, George,Alina and all the staff at the hotel I want to thank you all for giving us the oppurtunity to experience your marvelous property in Kamar of the Western world then in all honesty you wont find that on any islands in Greece.
3) The Owners : This is the key factor in what makes this hotel a 5 star in my opinion. Service is key these days and both George and Alina have managed to find the perfect balance in offering the most freindly service I have ever experienced in Greece. I have gone to many other islands in Greece(Paros,Crete,Kerkyra,Kefalonia,Zakyntho,Rhodes etc) none of which I had experienced such freindly service from the owners. Staying at the Aqua Vatos I felt like I was staying with family. They definetely make you feel 'at home'. Whatever we wanted they were there for us. Even hanging around at the front desk with George and Alina was very enjoyable and there wasn't this feeling of only come talk to me if you need something. George and Alina would come up to us and ask us how our stay is so far and if we need anything...and we would end up sitting there just talking about everything and anything for hours. I definetely give both of them a 2 thumbs up on there service and hospitality.
To summarize the Aqua Vatos is definetely a 5 star hotel when it comes to service and accomodations. To all, George,Alina and all the staff at the hotel I want to thank you all for giving us the oppurtunity to experience your marvelous property in Kamari, Santorini. In closing I want to say that both my Wife and I would definetely return back to this island only to re-live the wonderful service we received at the Aqua Vatos.
George/Alina all the best to the both of you and your families and may all your wishes come true.
Your new filarakia
Giorgos, Fotoula and 'bebis or beba' :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the heart of Kamari in Santorini and just a few passes away of the famous black sand beach, the Acqua Vatos has been fully refurbished and transformed into a hip boutique hotel in the spring of 2011. It is trendy, elegant and from time to time eccentric, with minimalistic design and exhibitionist bathrooms. Acqua Vatos is ideal for families with kids, since there are rooms designed and equipped especially for them. The XXL pool is a star attraction for adults and children of any age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Escapio, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Acqua Vatos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Acqua Vatos
- Acqua Vatos Kamari
- Acqua Vatos Hotel Santorini/Kamari