“Lovely little place...shame about the owners.....” 3 of 5 stars

Villa Anneta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kamari, Greece (Formerly Aneta Hotel & Studios)   |
Ranked #51 of 75 hotels in Kamari
manchester england
“Lovely little place...shame about the owners.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We booked this as a cheap last minute holiday for a week at the beginning of June.They didn't have our names when we arrived but the son of the family showed us to a room.The room was fine with a fridge, hotplate, and a balcony with air con for a price 5 euros per day. We didn't need it as we slept with the windows open as not many mosquitos. The room was nice and clean very basic with usual greek hand held shower and no curtain we didn't mind we're used to that. Also we had to ask for cups as there was no china etc in our room only a pan but we didn't mind that either. The breakfast was bread and jam with juice and tea or coffee but the bread was lovely and real butter pretty standard for Greece We were surprised that there was no way of getting a drink or anything to eat during the day. The owners son said they were too busy getting things ready...The older Man Alan and the lady were working very hard but the son Bobby (who was in his 20s) seemed to spend his day on Facebook or something similar. They weren't bothered about losing money it seemed. It was a drag because the place is up a big hill and quite a way from the nearest bar or shop. Also of the people we spoke to we were the only ones with a hot plate anyway so take a travel kettle...The owner Alan did tell some of the others off for putting feet on chairs and standing on one of the concrete (but very nice) sunbeds.
It had a lovely little pool area. but small.
On the last day we had to vacate our rooms at 12 but we weren't flying until 9 at night.We asked if we could pay to keep a room on but they said no.They said we could have a shower in room 16 and also use the toilet as there wasn't one working in the pool area.
We went for our shower after another couple at 5.45 and Bobby came banging on the door telling us to get out of the room we said we would be very quick he then came back 5 minutes later and took the key out of the inside of the door. (I was in the shower room naked with the door open at the time) the third time he came back banging I was dressed and my husband was in the shower. I was very angry by this time and asked him what he was playing at he said we had no right to be in the room , I said that he had told us we could use the room and he said "not at 6pm" I said if he'd told us that it would have been ok but he didn't. I asked him what we should have done for the toilet etc he said "Your room was finished at 12 its not our responsibility......"
I was very upset and it really did spoil what had been a good week with nice people in a heavenly place. I wouldn't say don't go there it was cheap and clean but be very clear about your arrangements on the last day.I honestly think they didn't know who was coming and going. Santorini is absolutely gorgeous and Oia (pronounced oy ah) is really beautiful. And if you can go to Thira (buses are very cheap and easy) go down to the port by cable car and back up on a Mule.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nttingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

On reading the other reviews I agree entirely, but cannot believe it was being done up not too long before we visited - it looked like it's been decorated during the 1950's and had nothing done to it since. It is a good 15 min walk to the beach - mainly uphill - and on arrival we couldn't believe how unwelcoming it looked! The floors are marble and extremely slippery, that my sister actually fell on one occasion whilst walking downstairs, as we returned one evening to the pitch black hotel with no lighting, so we didn't see that the floors were wet!!!
We were surprised that the floors were wet andt hat some attempt at cleaning had been made, as we NEVER ventured to the pool for fear of our health! It had bird poo all the way around the edge and the sunbeds were made of concrete!
As for the fantatic views - all we could see was the building site of the hotel being made for next season I guess!
The breakfast was a joke - 3 pieces of bread, butter and jam with diluted orange juice and coffee may be enough for a Barbie doll, but after the first couple of days, we found the bakery just down the road far better value for money for breakfast!
On one occasion when we did have breakfast, we attempted to move a table closer to another table, when the owner told us to be careful as the marble table-top was not attached to the legs and it may fall on us!!!
On returning to England we are also now glad of a good night's sleep. If you like getting up with the birds - literally - then stay here! In the building site next to us, a load of chickens were being kept, and so we were awoken every morning to the cockerel, followed by chickens clucking - not to mention the dogs barking - it was like Old MacDonalds Farm! There was also a continuous banging of doors at night, not to mention the balconies being so close together, that when we slept with the doors open at night (as we thought 7 Euro's a day for air-con was extortionate) we could hear the loud chatter from next door!
If that didn't wake you, then I'm sure a nice cold shower would, followed by drying yourself off with sandpaper!
I don't consider myself a snob and go for 5* accom when I go away, and appreciate that accomodation in Greece can seem basic, but this was what I would consider staying in a Russian Resort would be like!!!

• Liked — The check-out!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is really nice. The location is up a hill but it gives you a chance to walk your meal off at night and is situated below a couple of lovely little walks up to the church on the hill.

The hotel owner does get a bit narky, shouting to us things like 'if your gonna put sun tan lotion on then put towels on the sunbeds, if you havent got towels Ill get em for ya' and also moaning at my wife and my two year old for jumping in the pool. Hes ok though, nothing too over the top.

The views are nice, to the side, as there is a big unfinished structure in front of most of the balconies. I liked it here though and theres always a breeze up the mountain. Self catering facilities arent that good either.

• Liked — Pool area
  • Disliked — Uphill at the end
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

When my husband and i turned up at Anneta we were greeted by an empty hotel reception with paint buckets everywhere. When we found the owner he told us that the hotel wasn't finished and we were to be transfered to another hotel for a few days untill out suite was ready. When we turned up again at Anneta 4 days later - again to an empty reception, we were told that our room was still not ready, but that the only room available was a pokey twin room with no shower on the wall or working kitchen! When he showed us the progress of our suite it had no plaster on the walls and was just a shell of a room which he said would be ready in the next 4 days! When we told the owner we were not happy he told us he would throw out the couple he had just put into the only double room available a few hours earlier!!! When we refused to let him do that his comment was "what do you want me to do, nothing goes right for me". Believe it or not, we didn't stay at Anneta. We asked our travel agent to move us into another hotel. The owner was the most un-trustworthy man i have ever met and he fobbed us off at any given opportunity.

Stayed June 2008
Telford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

I traveled to The Anneta hotel, Kamari in Santorini from 11th to 25th of July with some friends. on arrival my initial impression was good, however, this soon changed:
The pool was only cleaned once in 2 weeks. the only time i saw any attempt to monitor the pools cleanliness was at the hottest part of the day one day in the second week i was there. the owner of the hotel threw a pint of chemicals into the pool and said if we went it the pool in the next 2 hours it would be at our own risk. Surely this would be done at night when people do not use the pool to cool off and swim in during the middle of the day? and surely chemicals should be precisely measured not vaguely measured in a pint glass.
The owner continuously shouted at us and made rude and very unprofessional comments about us personally.

We were self catering: the fridge in our room was broken. there was no hot water to wash dishes in and in 2 weeks i had 3 hot showers out of 14 showers.

on day i asked the owner of the hotel if he would play a cd of mine at the pool he said: 'yes' but when i produced Michael Jackson’s greatest hits. He lectured me for 15 minutes on how pedophiles would be buried alive in Greece and that I was sick for liking the music of a child molester. i didn't ask him again- and he kept the CD (probably to burn).

He ruined our holiday and his pool could well be the cause for 2 cases of a serious eye infection, skin rashes and a throat infection all contracted during the holiday and all treated with antibiotics. one hotel guest was even taken to hospital.

i wouldn't advise anyone to stay here.

Stayed July 2006

Been to Villa Anneta? Share your experiences!