“Great little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Kamari
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed here for 10 nights on my own. This was my first ever solo trip so I was obviously slightly nervous, however the welcome I received on arrival from the friendly staff stemmed the nervous feeling straight away. The friendliness and chatty nature of the staff stayed constant throughout as well as them being professional and helpful when needed.

There was a slight complication with my room on arrival but as far as I could understand this was more of the previous/existing tenants fault rather then the hotels. The staff handled it well and kept me well informed and I have to say although I didn't end up with the room that was originally allocated for me I think I was lucky. I am aware some of the rooms are fairly small, mine wasn't too bad. However I did wonder how two people would cope with the amount of wardrobe space provided as there was barely enough for one. This is the only slight negative I can find.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and would definitely consider returning. As previous reviewers have said the location is perfect and I loved spending a few days on the beach making use of the sun beds. I didn't use the pool although it looked inviting I am all about the sea which was just beautiful :)

So to sum up I would certainly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed for one week. Had a room with a sea view but the downside of the lovely view was the very small room. It was really quite depressing how small it was. Breakfast is average and very hit and miss - some days were better than others. Great location though and the sunbeds on the beach are fab. Very dedicated staff too. Rubbish wifi.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Biddulph, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This gem of a hotel in Kamari is not large and consequently has an intimate feel to it. The staff are friendly without being patronising and very helpful and accommodating. Whether you're a beech lover or a pool lover you will not be disappointed as the sun beds are comfortable and both areas well maintained. The whole range of Kamari's restaurants and bars are within easy walking distance. We would certainly want to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are very comfortable and have an excellent balcony area. Well worth the surcharge.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I've just returned from a week at the Beach Boutique with my friend, and we had the best time. The hotel is in a beautiful beach front location close to lots of great bars and restaurants - however that doesn't make it noisy at night.
The staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful, especially when it came to booking excursions. And they make the best strawberry margaritas EVER!!
The room was small, but to be honest we weren't in it much. The loungers around the pool and on the beach were great too.
Only downside was the wifi could have been better, but no complaints at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
saltash
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed here for a week with my friend and from arrival to departure the service by the hard working and friendly staff was impeccable. The hotel is perfectly situated for exploring or just relaxing by the pool or on one of the abundance of sun loungers on the beach opposite the hotel. Whilst soaking up the sun in both areas we were served wonderful food and quite simply the best strawberry margaritas I've ever had! The pool and beach areas were spotless. Our room was quite small but perfectly adequate with the added bonus of a balcony and although it didn't have the beautiful views of the pool and beach it was very quiet and got the lovely evening sun. I highly recommend you stay at this hotel if Kamari is your chosen resort.

• Stayed May 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 20/5/2014 for one week and would agree with the previous review by Tony whom was at the hotel the same time as ourselves.Having been all over Greece i have yet to experience such friendly and helpful staff as we met here. Nikos, Fo, and the guys and girls that served us during our stay were great. And Angelos the barman serves the best beer in the resort always with a smile and conversation. Kamari has a very good selection of bars, taverna,s, and restaurants.If you want beauty then Fira the islands capitol is only a 15 minute bus trip away with the fare being 3.20 euro pp return. We enjoyed the breakfast that was offered by the Hotel, we were offered a varied choice of English fry-up to healthy alternatives! We are looking to return to the hotel and resume friendships and our early evening fave spot on the beach for our G&T/ Beer moment " wonderful "

Room Tip: The side of building room we stayed in had no view apart from that of likewise buildings. space in t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a week at the Beach Boutique Hotel and it fully lived up to our expectations! On arrival we were greeted by Angelos the barman who immediately served us with a pint of Santorini's finest followed by another on the house, Top man! The hotel was immaculate throughout and tastefully modern without losing the Greek feel.

The couple of lazy days we had by the pool/beach which may look small but even though the hotel was at full capacity there was never more than 50% of the sun beds in use so no getting up at 6am to reserve one! Breakfast could have improved if i was honest, slight lack of choice but didn't really bother me. The restaurant itself was brilliant for lunch offering quality food at reasonable prices.

On the whole I would fully recommend this hotel for any couple wanting a break although there was a couple of young children about I wouldn't say it was an ideal family hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!