“Wonderful Kalya Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Kamari
Darlington
“Wonderful Kalya Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Due to an overbooking at our original hotel, we where put into this hotel for the 1st week of our 2 week holiday.
As you can imagine, we weren't too happy, but that soon disappeared. From the moment we where greeted by the lovely Maria, and her team, to a week later when she waved us off, we where treated very special, and like Maria's English extended family.
Our room was lovely, clean and spacious with a balcony overlooking the Aegean, the pool was welcoming and intimate, and had a lovely pool bar, that served great drinks including Maria's hubby's wine, which was yummy. The hotel vibe was as friendly as Maria's greeting.
I have to give special mention to the breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble. I asked for ketchup, I got it, I asked if Maria did baked beans, I got them brought to me every day. Like I said, nothing is too much trouble.
Me and my wife have made a friend for life, and will definitely return to Santorini, however, next time, we will book into the Kalya Suites for the whole holiday.
Ps, hope your orchid lives a long and healthy life ;)
Dave & Lorraine

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked a room at Kalya Suites for our honeymoon, which we just returned from. I don't think we could have chosen a better place to stay! Beautiful, spacious and clean rooms, great service and friendly staff, the beautiful pool and breakfast buffet made the stay perfect for us. It was not far from the beach, but not noisy, as some other more central places might be. A good base for exploring the island. Also a lot of value for our money! Thanks a lot, Maria and staff, we will tell our friends about you! Vera and Sune

• Stayed June 2014
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Amazing, well appointed accommodation. Although on the edge of the main strip, we weren't disturbed by any noisy bars or clubs. It felt like a safe and secure place for families. Maria and her staff are really lovely and could not do enough to help and make our stay perfect. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The bed was really comfortable. I'm already missing the fabulous breakfasts. This was one of the most relaxing places I've ever stayed and would highly recommend these suites. We will definitely be returning and can't wait until the next time. The tavernas on either side were very good too. Kamari is a nice town with lots going on and plenty of choice for food. It's well situated to go sightseeing to other parts of this amazing island too.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have been traveling to greece for the last 16yrs, usually twice a year, And this is by far the best Accommodation I have stayed in, I could not find a fault anywhere. The owner is so helpfull, And makes sure you are looked after, the staff are hard working and helpfull, the food is excellent, I just could not find a fault. I loved it, And will most certainly be going back there.

Room Tip: It make no difference!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks holiday staying in the Kalya Suites and what a brilliant place it is to stay. The room we had was spacious and spotlessly clean with a pool view, which we like. The bathroom also deserves a mention with a fully tiled walk-in shower and superb quality power-shower with instant hot or cold water. The little extras Maria (the owner) provides also make a difference with matching bath robes and slippers and separate towels for the pool/beach. Free Wi-Fi is also available, and we only had breakfast at the Kalya Suites - it was so good that it never occurred to us to eat breakfast anywhere else. The pool area and surrounding gardens were also top quality - very peaceful and relaxing with a plentiful supply of sun loungers.
The location of the Kalya Suites is also good - only 30 meters from the beach and within easy reach of the bars and restaurants. There is also a couple of supermarkets virtually on the doorstep.
The icing on the cake, however, was Maria herself. She is a superb host - she cares about her guests and she made us feel completely at home from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. Thank you, Maria.
Kamari is a very nice resort on a beautiful island and we will go back sometime - but only if we have a room booked at the Kalya suites - we simply wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have spent a 5 days short holiday in this property located a few steps from the beach of Kamari. I had a studio for 2. Room was very spacious, very clean and the amenities I had are like in the hotels of 5 stars...!!! There is a completely new breakfast area, very cosy and the buffet breakfast was something splendid. Mrs. Maria that she is charge, is very helpful and professional. Next time i will be back in Santorini for sure I will stay at Kalya Suites.

Room Tip: All rooms exceptional
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am writing this whilst still at the Kalya Suites! It is in an excellent location a few meters from the bars and restaurants. A couple of supermarkets on the door step. The location is peaceful other than a few airplanes coming over during the day.

The whole place is spotless, which is excellent, and quiet as there are only about 12 apartments. Maria is excellent and extremely friendly, she has even bought us cake and fruit at the poolside!

Breakfast is good with a choice of food and drinks.

Sun loungers are very comfortable, and always available.

Rooms are spacious, bathroom modern and shower is very powerful.

This more than deserves the 5*s I have rated it.

If we were to revisit the island, we would not hesitate to re-book at the Kalya Suites.

Room Tip: I usually don't like ground floor apartments but this is perfect, we literally hop over the terr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Kalya Suites? Share your experiences!