“Best food and company on holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Kamari 84700, Greece
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 99 Restaurants in Kamari
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, International
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Black Stone is a place to eat, to eat properly and combine your meal with a great beer from the large variety that the restaurant offers. Besides the food and the drinks here you can find a friend, a person to chat,to feel like you are home. That is our moto! Hope to see you all!
“Best food and company on holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited black stone after seeing the positive reviews on trip advisor and also noticing that they served the local ale. The restaurant looks different to most of the others that go for the 'typical' Greek look so isn't one you would obviously choose, however when you visit you realise why it is trying to be different. The food was fantastic and offered much better local cuisine than the other three restaurants we had visited. The waiting staff were fantastic, very friendly and very interesting to talk to and it's always good when the chef comes out to check you are happy with the meal - shows they genuinely care about quality. The local ale is also excellent, as was the music. We visited more than once and had a great meal each time. We were also travelling with a Baby which can be a bit stressful, however the staff were keen to keep her entertained while we ate meaning we could enjoy the great food with a happy daughter! Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
Margate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Ate her twice during our recent weeks stay. Superb food, superb service, a definite must to visit. All food freshly cooked to order. Nick the waiter has a wicked sense of humour and Dennis the owner is so welcoming...very charming to the ladies! We shall be back

Visited May 2013
“Great staff, good times had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I went to Santorini with quite a large group to get married, on the first night we arrived my family had already discovered the place and went most days afterwards! We had a get together a few days later and Denis (the manager/ owner) agreed to cater for 19 of us so we pre ordered the food and everything was perfect, food service, I couldn't fault them. Denis offered to make anything we wanted, even things which were not on the menu, he also told us that with a large enough group he could do us a whole lamb! Unfortunately we had a couple of lamb haters in the group! The guys, Denis and Mani (sorry if it's spelt wrong) were so funny and made us feel like family! I wanted to go for my birthday while we were there but unfortunately my husband had an accident so we spent it in hospital instead. We went again though the day after and even with a much smaller group we were given a discount and introduced by Denis to the 'submarine' I'm not entirely sure what was in it but it's similar to the jagerbomb! I also have to big up Mani for his excellent dedication, service and mojitos and for going the extra mile by making my husband a windmill out of straws when we brought it to their attention that you get little toys in your cocktails next door! Finally, an apology that we never did manage to get over for lunch to say farewell on our last day as promised, Rich just couldn't walk all the way down there again after his banana boat accident! I would highly recommend this place, we felt right at home and met some awesome people!

• Visited May 2013
Margate UK
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife treated me to a trip to Santorini in May for my 50th Birthday and we stayed in Kamari, Before leaving the UK she did the usual research on Tripadvisor and had come across reviews for a restaurant by the name of Blackstone and suggested that we pay it a visit. Am I glad that she did. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were treated as old friends, we were made welcome by both Nick the waiter, and the owner. The food was top class, as was the service and not at all expensive, I would also recommend the local wine served there. During our stay on the island this was the only restaurant that we visited more that once. Each time we visited we found that time flew by, before we knew it we had spent several hours eating drinking and having a good laugh with the staff. This restaurant offered much more than very good food and drink, it offered its patrons an unforgettable Greek experience. If you get the chance do yourself a favour and visit this little Gem, I am confident that you will not be disappointed.

Alan (Margate)

• Visited May 2013
nyc
“Couldn't Have loved the place more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I accidentally found this place my first night on the island, and ended up eating there 7 of my 8 nights. The food was too die for, especially the awesome mixed grill for 2, which we had twice. Good beer selection, and the house red wine was pretty good too. The staff were really friendly, and not the pushy types practically trying to drag you into their place. Two nights they had live Greek music, and the patrons ended up forming a sort of conga line and dancing around the restaurant and out into the street. This place made for a much more memorable trip to Santorini, and I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else the next time I'm there.

• Visited September 2012