“Wonderful honeymoon, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Antinea Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kamari, Kamari 847 00, Greece   |
Ranked #27 of 75 hotels in Kamari
London
“Wonderful honeymoon, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We've just returned from 10 nights here on our honeymoon and had a fabulous time. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly in ensuring we enjoyed our stay as much as possible, thanks to Hope on the front desk and Mitko for his cocktails by the pool. The hotel is a short walk up the hill from Kamari beach, very nearby to a number of restaurants and bars but quietly set away from it all (although it wasn't that busy late August into first week of September). We were given one of the honeymoon suites, with an outside balcony and indoor jacuzzi, very relaxing with clean, modern furnishings. There are two swimming pools, a main one with bar service (top notch) and a smaller one for a dip, which is perfectly decent too. Breakfast is filling and varied, with plenty of cheese, omelets and continental options. You can also pay for a three course supper, which is quite good value for twenty Euros a head and the pool/bar food is delicious (try the vegetarian sandwich and chips!). All in, the location is good if you want to chill out, but equally set up for some trips around the Island - which the first-class staff will help you arrange. We both agreed, this hotel should be higher in the Kamari rankings!

Room Tip: If it's for a special occasion, contact the hotel early and they will try and help you, a couple...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I chose Santorini instead of more exotic islands for my honeymoon as I had not been there yet (even though I work in a travel agency) and I always had a very romantic idea of this island.
It was a great choice because the island was all that I expected and more, the memories will last for a very long time.

As for the hotel (it's what you want to know), I was more than happy with my choice. The room we selected was suite with private pool and I have to say that the size of the room was very big, the room was so nice. And the terrace was amazing as we had private pool with optional jacuzzi, sun lounges, sofa, normal chairs and table, as if we were minimum 6 people in the room.
The only thing I could say against it regards the bathroom which is rather small especially when you have the rest of the room and the terrace to compare it with. But we did ok nevertheless.

The food was good, served as buffet, not too varied if you think about it about since we were not there to eat, I would say it was more than enough.

The restaurant is small (as the hotel), with a few tables outside, very friendly employees. After a week there we knew everyone in the hotel. It was a very nice feeling, like a small community.

We never got to see the spa as we chose to go to the beach, or visit the island, or even sleep.

It's best to know that the hotel is in a very high position, at the base of the mountain, over the entire resort, with great view, but also it's difficult to walk up to it from the resort, the way down is easier of course. Also because of the high position, it can get very windy and drafty, fyi.

The resort is nice, not too crowded, the beach is great even if though there is no sand on it, only black and grey pebbles.

Would go back to this hotel whenever!!

Room Tip: The suites (private pool/jacuzzi) are better situated with view over the other buildings, but on the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks. Great hotel in a quiet location, within walking distance from Kamari Beach. Friendly personnel. It is quite a steep walk uphill though, so wouldn't recommend going here if you've any physical disability.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lund, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

A nice hotel with fantastic personnel, quiet surrounding and excellent view.
The girl in the reception helped us to get a fantastic round trip on Santorini. They helped us with big and small things
The breakfast was perfect with great service.
Nice and relaxing stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St. Helier, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We spent seven nights in Antinea Hotel for our honeymoon. Overall we really enjoyed the time there and it was a very relaxing and enjoyable time there. The hotel was very efficient in picking us up from the airport, in doing the cleaning promptly everyday while the breakfast was good with a nice choice. The pools were very nice and always clean and the view was very good of the mountain and the sea. We were also upgraded for free which was very nice together with free champage for the arrival. The hill was a bit of a walk each day although it wasn't too bad and provided some good exercise. The private outdoor jacuzzi was a bit in the shade and not too clean although to be fair we didn't ask for it to be cleaned and we did receive it for free as part of the upgrade.
Overall we had a great holiday there and would recommend the hotel to other people. Kamari is a bit more of a classic mediterranean tourist resort as opposed to Oia where we spent the final few days but that is positive in that the prices are a bit more reasonable and there are plenty of activities to do.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently travelled alone to Santorini for a wedding, apart from the wedding I was solo and couldn't have asked for a better experience. On arrival, very hot, I was welcomed with a cold drink and information.

Although the hotel had overbooked for the first night of my stay, I was put into the hotel next door, which was comfortable and absolutely fine. I was compensated with a spa treatment and bottle of wine the next day when I was taken to my permanent room for the week. My room was beautiful, clean and very spacious and I practicaly had a mini pool to myself, with shaded tree area in which I enjoyed reading and sitting when the sun got too hot. The staff were wonderful, friendly and informative and I felt very at home as a single woman.
Breakfast was lovely, lots of choice and endless coffee in a beautiful setting.

Spa relaxing and Katrina, the therapist was experienced and made me feel wonderful, so much so that I rebooked for other treatments. I felt very safe walking about the resort and went on excursions and wandered about the island.

If I go back to Santorini, which I certainly hope to, I will definately be booking back into this hotel, absolutely perfect. xx

Room Tip: I had a basic room as I was on my own and couldn't have been happier, I did have a peek at othe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This is our 2nd visit to Antinea and both times we have loved it. Service is second to none, Eleftheria, the hotel manager is so helpful and pleasant. This is a chilled out relaxing place to stay. Lots of different style rooms, we had a jacuzzi and a mezannine in our room, some had jacuzzis on the balcony or private pools. We have stayed in many beautiful hotels around the world and this is one of our favourites.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Antinea Hotel? Share your experiences!