“The only place we returned to! Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Trondheim, Norway
“The only place we returned to! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went here to eat after a long day of ATV driving, and also a week later before departing Santorini, so I'll combine the two days.

My girlfriend had the Lamb Kleftiko both days, the most tender lamb you will ever experience. She had it a couple of times in a few other restaurants, but none came close to the tenderness, flavor and satisfaction of this meal. Highly recommended. I had the rabbit stew with yoghurt crust, which was just fantastic. The small onions in the stew were so soft and tender and full of flavor from the rabbit and the sauce. The second day I had the greek platter (meatballs, moussaka, stuffed tomatoes, beans and other things I don't remember the name of), and it was a perfect representation of the greek kitchen.

Our waiter both days was Edward, who made our experience something to remember. The taverna has a very relaxing atmosphere, with greek music and you really feel like you're sitting in a garden. The prices are VERY reasonable for the portions and quality of the food.

Highly recommended

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My Wife and I chose this place for lunch as it was not too far from where we were staying. I ordered the Greek salad and my Wife ordered the avocado and prawn salad The Greek salad was fine but one of the more bland salads I had in Greece. The avocado and prawn salad on the other hand, was almost inedible. The avocado was overripe to the point of being brown and it was covered in a huge amount of gloopy marie rose sauce in what was presumably an attempt to hide the taste of the avocado. The saving grace was that it wasn't expensive so we could cut our losses. The service was fine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Lovely restaurant area set in a garden and we were made to feel very welcome. About four waiters descended on us and were a little over-zealous!! Bread and garlic butter arrived and a drinks order taken. The usual wide range of Greek cuisine and our tomato croquettes were excellent. My Gyros plate was a little laden with fries and tomatoes but quite tasty and my wife's chicken was the better of our two choices. A complimentary drink to end the meal and a bill of little over 30 euros was decent value - along with the wine and water we had.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Pretty average- not great, not bad either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We visited Amalthia after noticing it earlier on in our stay and saying how nice this garden restaurant looked.
The bread there was nice and served with very strong garlic butter. For the main I ordered the beef stew (not described as stifado on the menu but very similar). It was packed with taste, but there really wasn't much beef in it- three or four pieces, although what was there was very flavoursome. The same was true of the baby onions in the stew- I think I counted two. The dish seemed to be mostly made up of chips and sauce, with more chips underneath, which was a bit disappointing. My husband had the lamb kleftico, which again he said was tasty, but bizarrely the potatoes in the kleftico seemed to be cut up chips too. All in all, it was nice enough, and maybe we picked the wrong things, but equally we wouldn't go back as we'd had nicer meals elsewhere. Surroundings were nice however, and service was good too.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Average but no complaints”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I really can't complain about anything it is just that there are better restaurants around Kamari with better dishes.

Visited July 2013