“Not very satisfying” 2 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not very satisfying”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We dived with Navys in June when on holiday in Greece on recommendation from Apollo Scuba Diving in Corfu. As suggested in a previous review the initial impressions of Navys was good. However, we went diving with a group of 6 and it turned out we were the only paying customers. That's fine and we appreciate that the Divemasters and trainees must also dive but it should not be at the expense of paying customers. The weather was not great with choppy seas and we felt it would have been more appropriate to cancel the dives until a later date. The rib ride was extremely uncomfortable.

When we arrived on the sites which were somewhat sheltered from the wind the visibility was excellent and we were at least excited to get in, but we had no gloves and the staff were reluctant to admit they had forgotten them and we dived without - and it was pretty cold. We found the diving actually ok but not exactly thrilling and the 2 dives at average 7 to 8 meters were far from challenging.

We found the staff very friendly but not exactly oozing with knowledge.

Navys has got potential to deliver but right now it seems to have all the gear and no idea.

Perhaps after a few seasons they will be up to an international standard if they take lessons on customer satisfaction, ethics and conquer the fear of admitting when it is time to turn the boat around and call it a day.

We wish them a steep learning curve and success in the future - it is as easy to invest the effort to get it right as it is to getting it wrong.

Visited June 2011

San Diego, CA
“A pleasant day diving with Navys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Navys Waterworld is a very friendly and professional dive outfit. I had unfortunately experienced another dive company on Santorini earlier in the week which considered the "house" reef off of their beach as part of a 2-tank day of diving. Bummer. However, Navys took me to a couple of really good locations, cave diving and diving among the volvanic formations. The folks at Navys were competent, helpful, and a lot of fun to dive with, making for an enjoyable day. Santorini can be a good place to dive if you are very careful which dive shop you choose.

I decided to post this review to help counter the one bad review I had seen written about Navys on Trip Advisor. I had a very positive experince.

Visited June 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
“Absolute waste of my hard earned cash.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Went to dive on strong recommendations from a good friend who had previously worked there. First impressions of the school are good ie. clean, fresh and equipment in good order. It was the price that got me. As an instructor, I expected to be able to hire the tanks and contribute to the fuel/food. I was completely clear that I was only there to dive deep and was assured that this was the planned trip.

Next day we hit 4-5 meter waves and the small rib boat made it unsafe to continue resulting in 2 very boring shallow dives. My girlfriend couldn't get warm due to the extreme wind chill and missed out on the second dive.

€160 straight down the drain. I am aware of the risks involved with diving regarding weather having clocked over 1000 dives, but it was the dishonesty of taking my cash and pretending that the weather report was good. Then as a pathetic 'token gesture', they emailed me with the offer of €70 to do it all again. Honesty is everything and my faith in people was taken for a ride. Steer clear would be the best advise I can give you.

Visited May 2011
navyswaterworld, Manager at Navys Waterworld Dive Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
We were extremely saddened to read this review. The diving instructor who wrote it should know better than most that diving is a weather dependent sport and that weather is subject to change. We would never ‘pretend’ a report was good, what a strange accusation. When we checked the wind speed and direction we planned to visit a deeper dive site inside the caldera. However, it’s early season for diving in May on Santorini and conditions can be temperamental.
It is true that we chose not to visit the dive site we had planned once near the caldera, due to choppy seas, however 4-5 metres is a ludicrous exaggeration. We made the right decision for the comfort of all on board and we chose to visit a different dive site, more suited to the conditions.
His girlfriend sunbathed (it may have been windy but it was lovely and sunny) rather than going on the second dive. With regards to her being cold, we’re sorry to hear that, but we were diving with 10mm of wetsuit around our core in May - warm enough for most people in water 18 degrees C. We have hoods and gloves if desired. We are very pleased to tell you however that the water temperature has risen 3 degrees in the last month and we’re back in our 5mm! 
We took our group that day to dive around the black rocks and canyons of the 3000 year old volcanic lava flow. Not deep dives, but some of Santorini’s best sites. It is sad that he could not enjoy himself and had the mind set that deeper dives are better, which is not necessarily the case.
This review begins with a grumble about money and maybe this guy was just looking for a free ride. When our Instructors go diving on their holidays, they don’t expect to go for free. We are glad we were recommended to him and tried to show him a good time. We gave a discount off the first trip and when he contacted us to ask if he could join us again, we offered further discount for the second trip.
We are a small and friendly team. Our instructors are passionate about their jobs and love teaching and taking people diving around this stunning island. Unfortunately not all diving professionals share our enthusiasm. The best advice we can give to anyone thinking of going diving is to steer clear of bitter instructors.
LB, Beds
5 attraction reviews
“Navy's - a superb diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

While first visiting Kamari in 2009, my husband and I did some snorkelling and a Discover Scuba session with the team at Navys. We were recommended the Dive Centre by our tour rep and thought we'd go check it out, and ended up having a great few days of diving towards the end of the holiday.

We returned to Kamari again in 2010 and booked in advance to do our Open Water qualification while we were over there. I really can do nothing but recommend the Centre and the team there, who are both professional and fun.

The facilities are modern and the separate shop and class room mean that there is plenty of space, even with a number of dive trips happening through the day. They are right near the beach front meaning you often leave right from the beach maximising your dive time!
Their website is www.navyswaterworld.gr

Really highly recommended, planning to return for some more diving next summer!