“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Royston, Herts
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We tried to avoid the tavernas on the seafront at Kamari, believing the restaurants in the side streets had to try harder (and they don't continually hassle you for custom). The notable exception was Irini's, the last taverna at the southern end of the beach road. We found they offered very good food, in generous quantities, for reasonable prices. We particularly enjoyed the set swordfish dinner.

Visited May 2014

• Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
“At the end besides the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This restaurant is fantastic with traditional food. The service is second to none and the food - wow. The cost is reasonable and worth every penny. Try the beef dish, the chicken and the pasta are all good.

Visited May 2014
Mytilene, Greece
“A very good place to eat | Good food | Eat by the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Kamari... Place to eat? Well on the stretch of the beach road there a so many restaurants but sadly there are what we call "kamaki (s) / kamakia (pl)" but of there very persistant nature. Kamaki means harpoon or in colloquialism, a person trying to get you in. Up and down this one restaurant had a female trying her best but I just wanted to look at the menu, she sit come and sit , I said please let me read the menu! We left because I was annoyed. When we walked back the lady tried again but I said OXI! So walking down we come a cross Irinis restaurant. Looked busy, food look good, by the beach, no one to bother us, I read the menu and was smed at by the waiter, so he came happily with a smile to seat us!

Thank god we came here. Food fantastic, local fresh dishes. Behind me someone was being served the most awesome fish! We ordered melitzanosalata, kolokythikeftedes , salada, 2 fillet of breast kotopoulo on the BBQ and was very very good.

Prices very good too and you won't be disappointed. Be prepared to get a big hug from the owner Irini :) lovely lady.

Some would give it 5, I give the a 4 a very very good 4.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Düsseldorf
“Rarely do I use the words "gourmet" and "traditional" in the same review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

First I must say I would describe the cuisine as Greek more than Italian. That being said, over a 16 day trip through the Greek Islands (Cyclades), this was by far our favorite restaurant. We returned for an encore meal the next day even with tons of other restaurants in Naxos to choose from. Were were a table of 6 and started with a Naxos salad, stuffed spicy eggplant, and an order of the meatballs. The salad was enormous and a lovely blend of fresh, crunchy cukes, juicy tomatoes, creamy goat cheese, crisp peppers and onions, topped with a splash of local olive oil. The meatballs were made of the best meat I have eaten in the past 2 years. The were perfectly seasoned, tender and mouthwatering. In the stuffed eggplant, no one ingredient stood out as it was a perfect balance, flavorful and with a lovely texture. We decided, based on the large portions not to order 6 mains, but instead ordered 3. We continued with a lovely and delicate grilled dorado, a highly flavorful, tender Naxos lamb, and an order of stuffed pastry. This was a deep fried surprise of a warm, oozing filling of seasoned cheese and tomatoes. Not a big deep fried fan, I have to say this was worth every bite. Of course, in the tradition of wonderful Greek service, we were brought milk pie and apples with cinnamon and honey along with lemoncello on the house when we asked for the check. The simple, magical combination on the crisp apples was perfect. The milk pie was a treat above all. It might be a good thing that we don't live near by or the luscious milk pie might become a staple in my diet! Outrageously perfect after a meal filled with an array of wonderful and varied flavors. The next day for lunch we repeated several of the items listed above but also added the codfish coquilles, which I would describe as fish cakes, rich with fresh dill. I am glad we had them as they were unique and tasty, but the other items we had stood out compared to them. The restaurant is family run. The son that waited on us could not have been any nicer! Will certainly return to Irini's. It's not to be missed! (and has a lovely view of the waterfront to boot).

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I can't believe the two reviews below because we thought Irini's was fabulous. The waiters were all really good without being pushy and the food was great, especially the chicken with potatoes and the lamb chops greek-style. Madame Irini sits on the terrace surveying everything. The remark about the garlic bread below is very petty, especially as all the restaurants we ate in in Kamari had the same type of garlic bread, just different from usual. Also, all the waiters in Kamari stand outside trying to pull you into their restaurant, Irini's did it much less than others. You can hear the waves lapping beside your table, eat lovely food, and drink Santorini wine served by nice people. Thank you Irini!

• Visited September 2013