Travelled here with my husband and out 17 month old son. Yes, the rooms are a bit tired but they had everything we needed (with the addition of a sweeping brush which kept our son entertained for hours). Our view was onto other apartments, and it was fairly quiet were we were (block 1, just past the pirate ship pool), although we could hear the evening entertainment, though luckily it didn't disturb us too much.
The pools were lovely and clean, it was fairly quiet so always easy to get a sunbed. Pirate ship pool was excellent for children, with slides etc.
Check in was easy and informative, and yes we did have to pay the 28 euros for the cot, but this was no shock after reading reviews on here.
Food was excellent, lots of choice, lovely seafood, lots of desserts etc.
Our son enjoyed the sandy park, next to the kids club, which was a nice retreat from being in the pool etc. He went to one of the kids club activities which was tshirt painting and they were happy for him to be involved even though he was so young, as long as I helped out, which was no problem. The staff, particularly Natalia, had lots of time for the children.
The evening entertainment - we only stayed for the children's disco a couple of times, due to our son's age and needing to get him off to bed - the children absolutely loved it, though I can imagine it grating on parents who sit through it for a full week.
Only grumbles were firstly that there was no lift and we were on first floor - bit of a pain when you have a pushchair, but we managed. Secondly, the evening meal in the restaurant doesn't start until 7pm, which I felt was a bit late for those with very young children, but we managed to re-set our son's routine to fit in with this.
Good hotel, very family friendly, excellent food. 10 minute walk from marina (which is literally the only thing to see in this very quiet resort, as you will discover if you do the train ride), 15 minute walk from beach, which was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Menorca’s charm is unique: its beaches, its villages, its traditions and its peace and quiet. Add to that the most complete and modern facilities, the most attentive service, top quality delicious cuisine and an excellent location in Cala en Bosch,and you have the best holiday on the island. Perfect for families who come to have fun or for couples seeking a relaxing break,Viva Menorca was designed to guarantee its guests a truly unforgettable holiday. In its garden area guests of the Viva Menorca will find a sun terrace with a large swimming pool and a children’s playground. Children also will have a great time in our Splash-pools and Pirate Boats. Its rooms are generous and welcoming. It also features an indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and a massage service. Above all it has first-class restaurants to suit everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Viva Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Menorca Hotel Cala`n Bosch
- Viva Menorca Cala n Bosch
- Viva Menorca Apartments
- Viva Menorca Minorca, Spain