“Great family hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort

You added Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Urb Fuerteventura Golf Resort | Carretera FV-2 KM. 11, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Great family hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is first time we have stayed here with our girls (5 and 2). It is definitely a great family hotel. We got the best junior suite and the room was very nice, clean and comfortable with a beautiful sea view. The staff were so friendly and the kids club very good, they enjoyed their mini disco very night. We had a brilliant time and would come back again :)

Room Tip: Junior suites are fine for a family of 4 (Room 436 is one of the best locations for views)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback from your recent stay with us. You had one of our most beautiful rooms and I’m excited that you enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you for your kind words about my team, especially those from the Yambaland.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next at Fuerteventura.

Juan Manuel Galán

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were blesses by a great deal via onthebeach.co.uk to stay at this resort hotel late July (free upgrade to half-board). It is a truly world class experience. We were upgraded to deluxe (sea view) rooms (subject to availability of course). Truly courteous and friendly service. Amazing food at the buffet restaurant. Great quality pool and beach activities and indoors entertainment, including for kids. Fantastic location and facilities, including nearby amenities and shops. We were recommended through a golfer relative (we're not golfers :( ) If you can get a reasonable deal, it cannot be beaten. Our only suggestion is not to expect much local culture or sight-seeing in Fuerteventura. It is quite barren inland , but beautiful beaches good for adventurers and water activity. Enjoy :)

Room Tip: Go for Ocean View (Deluxe)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear ErikUK,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time. I appreciate you mentioning our cuisine and agree that our pools, the nearby beach and kids facilities are great place to spend a family vacation. Thank you one more time for recommending us and I use this opportunity to send my best regards to your friend, our client, too.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

On a positive note , Staff at the hotel are excellent at customer service. Evening entertainment was good. Meals were also good though could do with a bit more variety on the hot food especially for a five star hotel. Also was expecting free water for full board but that only comes with breakfast.
Room was spacious. Children were disappointed at the lack of English channels or translation . Only English speaking channel was the news!
Hotel needs slight refurb especially in the kids play area with pool table - carpet was damp in an area and needs replacing also had broken shower head in spa area. Little changes will make a difference.
Free wifi was temperamental . On a positive note I was given free wifi for a day by a kind gentleman at reception.
All in all a nice hotel , good grounds with excellent staff.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear client,

As express during our telephone conversation, we are very thankful for all your feedback and the time you dedicated to share your opinion with us. During your stay you have ‘suffered’ the exchange of our wifi supplier and the re-programming of the TV channels. Something for which we would like to apologize since we understand that it must have been an unpleasant inconvenience. However I’m pleased to see that the overall impression is a positive one.

Best regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent 10 days in this hotel with my family including two children: 10- and 5 years old.
I have to say we had a lovely time and absolutely nothing to complaint about.
Location is perfect just in the middle of the island, 5-10mins from the airport. Great base to discover rest of the island if anybody wants to rent a car like we did.
Little shopping centre 200m from the hotel with local supermercado.
Big, comfortable rooms with huge bathroom, lovely terrace with amazing sea view.
Good quality and large selection of food satisfy all tastes.
Caring and very pollite staff ready to help whatever time and problem is.
Swiming pools well maintained and large enough for all hotel guests, the same with the number of sun beds by the pool. But I have to mention that like everywere there are some people reserving their beds by puting the towel early morning and not using them till afternoon! Annoying and very rude!
I would recommend Oasis Park trip, Natural Park with amazing beaches on north-east part of the island and Jandia beaches on the south.
Will come back in the future!

• Stayed July 2013
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Liz K,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your family vacation. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the stay among us and we’ll be happy to host you and your young family in the future.

Best regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went as a family of four for a week in march. Great hotel. Really welcoming and helpful staff. Our rooms were massive and beautifully decorated. Good pools and clean sandy beach just outside the gardens. Top quality dining with plenty of variety. Plenty of good stuff for the kids too - mini disco, parrot show, and animations people. No complaints at all. My wife and I travel a fair amount with the kids and we rarely go back anywhere more than once - we've had some great holidays but like to keep it novel so rarely return anywhere. We plan to go back for our Easter break in spring 2014 as it's the best place we've been in the Canaries. These guys really know how to look after you!

Room Tip: Go for a balcony sea view - awesome
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tim M,

Above all I wish to thank you for sharing such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to learn that created a special holiday for you and your returning would be the best reward for our efforts and it movitates us to get better all the time.

We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Hasta pronto!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday in what I would class to be one of the nicest hotels in the sense of it being welcoming and friendly with loads of facilities.

We arrived 4 hours before scheduled check in and were offered a choice of drinks and were advised that our room would be ready in an hour as they were still cleaning - we were checked in 1 hour 20 minutes later so we appreciated not having to wait until 15:00 hrs. I observed several other visitors complaining at check in that they had to wait for their room although it is clearly stated. The reception staff were great and I don't know how they remained so calm with some of the idiots they had to deal with.

Staff - All extremely polite, helpful and always responding to demands and requests. The hotel is ideal for families especially if you don't want the rush for food and sunbeds that is so common in other hotel reviews on this site. Can you believe that at midday there were still loads of free beds.

I arrived on my birthday and didn't announce it to the hotel staff. Later that evening I was pleasantly surprised to receive a bottle of Cava and a birthday cake, on two additional nights we were given bottles of water - these small unexpected touches are what really stood out and made the visit great.

Rooms/Grounds very clean and constantly being maintained without so much as being a disturbance to the guests.

Food was great with lots of choices. We were there for a week and if I must be picky, the only night I can complain about was the Italian night. The food was good quality but the available choices didn't work for me.

Spa services were excellent and cheap when compared to similar services offered in other hotels in major cities and resorts around the world.

Kids club was well resourced with friendly staff and if you have kids you must take them to the mini disco - it was fantastic. For those reading and thinking that this is a concern, rest assured it isn't. The noise from the disco cannot be heard in the other common areas of the hotel and lasts less than an hour.

Before booking this hotel I had read quite a few reviews and responses from the regional director which I thought were canned responses without an appreciation for what the guests were saying or complaining about, however during the stay I observed a gentleman in a suit reviewing the pool area (removing a tray), again in the restaurant checking the food and seating guests, working in reception and basically keeping the staff on their toes, effectively ensuring that things were in proper check. I had observed this behaviour from approximately 09.00 to 21:00 hours when we went to bed and I approached him and asked are you the regional director who responds on trip advisor. He confirmed he was Juan Manuel Galan. It was so refreshing to see someone high up get their hands dirty to make things work for the guest. This changed my opinion on the responses I had read and from the work I had seen from him really convinced me that he takes pride in his hotel and his team and that the responses on here are genuine when standards are not met.

I have one complaint and hope that Señor Galan will pick this up. Several unthoughtful parents allowed their toddlers to swim naked, this resulted in the kids pool being temporarily closed following a child defecating; the response from the pool staff, the isolation and clean up were very good but please can the hotel implement a policy that requires the wearing of swimming nappies for toddlers.

The only issues that prevented this from being a fantastic holiday were factors outside of the hotels control - some thoughtless idiots smoking where they aren't supposed to and the closure of the children's pool.

I tend never to return to a hotel where the stay was great for fear of being disappointed, however we are planning two further trips in October and April.

A great vacation thank you and we look forward to coming back.

A great job Señor Galan and team and thank you to Patricia Roxanna in the restaurant for making my son feel so special at meal times.

Room Tip: Choose a high room
Dear Mr N,

Above all I wish to thank you for posting such a detailed review on your very recent holiday. I can assure you that not only I respond all the online opinions but I take a note of all the issues raised. Not always is possible to improve or substitute something immediately but our efforts are constant and we try to schedule the changes in accordance with our original plans. Based on clients’ reviews we have decided to change the TVs, broaden the selection of TV programmes on already two occasions this year and this week we have changed the wifi provider for a better signal coverage. I believe that if our clients take their time to give us the feedback, we owe them to work on it. With regard to the incident in kids pool, we advise parents through signage but maybe we should advise them personally, too. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I’m happy that my team made you feel welcome and you thoroughly enjoyed the time spent among us. It’ll be a pleasure to host you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your visit. We would be happy to help you with whatever wishes or arrangements you may have.

Warm regards,

Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Short review - really enjoyed the hotel, staff, half board food. Staff super polite. Food buffet changed theme every night so was different which was great. Pools were nice. More of kids than adult (deepest 1.3m) but great for playing.
Island quite windy so a lot of surf and gusts of sand on the very near and very lovely beach.
Hotel food and drinks and especially ice creams were very expensive. Pool bar for lunches was crazy pricing. Mini golf there was just appaling. Not maintained and not really usable so that was a shame. No free wifi other than in the lobby and 6 euros to use internet in your room per day, in 2013 is backwards.
The area was ok - not a lot there other than a few terrible restaurants/cafes and a small 'mall'. We spent most of the time in the hotel or on the beach. Got a bus to the zoo one day which was epic. Really fantastic but its a long day out (9am bus one end, 6pm the other).

So - definitely recommend it and would consider a Sheraton again in a different location as this one was so great. Probably won't return because there isn't a lot in that area.

Room Tip: Ask for a high sea view.
Dear ‘Beamo_99’,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday. I appreciate that despite some of the issues in which we have dissapointed you, your general impression has been positive. Although we won’t have the honour to host you in the future, I’m sure that our colleagues at Sheraton Hotels and Resorts around the world will take a good care of you.

Juan Manuel Galán

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!