“Ooosh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Costa Caleta

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Caleta de Fuste
Hotel Costa Caleta
You added Hotel Costa Caleta to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Alcalde Juan Ramon Soto Morales, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Ooosh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Well I would like to say we have just had a week at this hotel and had an ace time. Yes it has a few very minor things that can soon be put right like only having limited pint glasses, they need to keep the self service running all night for soft drinks instead of having to queue for lemonade and I feel that you shouldn't have to pay for the tv in your room and the sun loungers do not sit up at the back so difficult for reading. However the room was more than adequate for the 3 of us as we spent very little time in the room. On arrival reception staff were excellent, very efficient and friendly. I only had one pillow and on requesting another from reception it was there. We were in room 3016 and had a view of the road, apartment roof tops and then the sea it was a very quiet room and we were not disturbed at all by chatting maids or noisy residents. The pool area was very nice and yes it was cold as the pool is surrounded on all sides by the hotel so the sun works its way round throughout the day but was still refreshing from the 90'+ heat. Food was good and we could always find something to eat however a lot of people have slated the food and the lack of labelling but lets not forget it is a 3* hotel with 1 buffet restaurant to cater for all so cut it some slack. If you want 5* luxury then pay for it! You also have a tongue in your head. The restaurant staff worked very hard keeping tables cleared and the couple of times we went in and a table had become available it was cleared and set up straight away. Well done. The view from the rooftop is amazing and the fact that the crazy golf is up there is a bonus.
ENTERTAINMENT- Ooosh what can I say other then brrrrrilliant. The team was a member down so recruited Lillia from another hotel for the week who put her sole into it and fit in very well. Her sunbed stretch was hilarious and with her general knowledge she should be blonde. Captain Craig and Alice also kept us entertained from 10.30am onwards with Killer pool, darts, crazy golf, quiz, water polo etc. They were always coming round and chatting making sure you were ok and you were never forced to participate. They worked very hard at the evening entertainment which was always hilarious. Captain Craig seems to have a way with kids- you have to watch at the kids disco at night even if you don't have kids, go watch him squirm very funny. Craig they say never work with kids or animals lol. Overall you get out what you put in and we had a 100% ace time. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CostaCaletaHotel, community manager at Hotel Costa Caleta, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hi Caloryn, thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, your comments help us to permanently improve our services. the hotel staff make your holiday unforgettable. We hope to see you soon again in our hotel.

Best Regard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Polish first
Worksop, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

we stayed 6/10/12 for one week , reception was great , our room was 3048, we could see the sea and mountains, maid sevice was great ( we always tip them) ok so lets get to the food, we where all inc, the food was good always something to choose from, lots of bread to choose from, and puddings where great..
we stayed on the roof top for first 2 days where tea, coffee and beer is on tap..
all the staff where really fantastic, so will some of the people in these reviews stop telling lies..
the staff behind the bar at night worked non stop and are worth £20 an hour..
after the 3 rd day we never had lunch during the day because we spent our days on the beach, which i must say was great and the little snack bar on the beach is fantastic, lovely cheap meals and ice cold beer..
costa calete is a good hotel in a good position for the shopping centre, for the beach, for lovely walks along the sea front and it is a hotel with staff that try very hard to please you, so give these people some credit, it can not be easy looking after us moaning british..

Room Tip: i always choose a high floor just so i dont have to listen to people above me dragging chairs along...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello!! thank you very much for your comments, what makes this hotel is staff, we are glad that your stay was to your satisfaction. We work hard every day to improve our services.
We wait soon again in Costa Caleta Hotel.

Kind Regards
Great Notley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday! Me and my girlfriend went away at the end of August for two weeks all inclusive and loved every minute of it! Food was great, no complaints there whatsoever. Reception and help from maintenance was great - we had problems with our safe but we were fully refunded. Bar service and range of drinks available was great, the queue got a bit busy at times, but if you're lucky enough to be crowned king and queen of costa caleta like we were then you can queue jump! Pool area was spotless, with the whole area being cleaned every evening. All in all - the hotel was great and we (as a young couple) felt we were catered for in every way.

Now lets get on to the animation team!!! Alice, Lucy and Craig made our holiday an absolute dream (Craig "I'm only here to make your dreams come true"). Through the day there were plenty of activities to keep us amused - plenty of out of water activities like darts and pool competitions, as well as pool based activities such as water polo and water volleyball, and of course the fantastic fun fitness! What is the last song? (not i'm sexy or kung fu, the other one) - I want to download it! During the evening the animation team did different dances and competitions with the kiddies, before presenting the certificates from activites during the day (OOOOSH), then the something specials which changed every night but were hilarious, and then finally the main event which was performed by the animation team itself most of the time. The animation team did fantastically, they had to work from the morning all the way through the day and had to work late into the evening - they were professional the whole time - god knows how with some of the kids! What was nice was they actually came and spoke to us and another couple we were friends with on a personal level - they made us feel like friends and that they actually cared about us. They genuinely made our holiday what is was, and we wish them all the best of luck with their future placements, and hopefully we'll come find you in Tunisia :-)

Thanks a lot! Lots of love from curly & ginge (Helena & George) x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Northants, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Spent the week here from 3rd to 10th October. On arrival with first impressions it seemed OK. Reception check-in was quite speedy however receptionist didn't seem very friendly.

Went to our room 2101 and looked out the next mornin as we arrived quite late at night - it was like looking at Beirut with a very derelict building. Not to worry as only sleeping and showering in the room.

Went to bed that night - bed rock hard and pillows very lumpy. Shower next morning and the water just trickled out but we managed.

Food not bad - breakfast OK with a variety to pick from including runner beans one morning!!

Had lunch a couple of times but most days never bothered. Evening meal a bit hit and miss - plenty of choice but not always hot.

Went Aberdeen Angus steak house one night - the meal there was lovely. Planned to visit Fado but very busy every night so must be good.

Beach - about 20 minutes walk away - the first one you come to is a shingle beach and not very pleasant walk further on towards a large hotel with a big "S" on it and the beautiful sandy beach is there - with lovely warm sea to swim - be warned though there are no toilet facilities on the beach unless you went to the beach bar but you had to spend in the bar to use the loo - fair enough but half the time they were out of order.

Entertainment team at the hotel worked hard however very boring at night stupid Play Your Cards Right, Bingo, they tried to sing - go so boring same very night. During the day around the hotel people were reserving sun beds at silly o clock time. The roof terrace was quite nice however the workman decided to start drilling one money which was annoying so we had to move. Daytime entertainment was just as bad as the evening.

You help yourself to the all inclusive drinks around the pool areas. Amstel lager on tap not bad - never tried any spirits - and give the diet coke a miss as this was disgusting.

Snacks around the pool area - consisted one day of of hamburgers then next hot dogs - not nice.

Don't pay at the end of your holiday to keep your all inclusive band on as no one knows - we never wore our bands all week and were not challenged at all. It cost us 35 euro to keep the room as we had a late check-out. If you checked out at 12 the reception cut your bands off. As I said don't worry as you can just keep helping yourself to the drinks and go into the restaurant for lunch - you will not be questionned.

All in all not a bad holiday as the weather was beautiful with a couple of cloudy mornings but very hot.

Would I return to this hotel - not a chance - I would never say that this hotel is a 3 star plus in my opinion it might just make a 2 star plus.

Fuerteventura airport for the return journey is awful - an hour in the que to check-in due to so-called disabled being given priority (they walk in OK but are suddenly in wheel chairs), families with children were also given priority.

I would not however say that this is the worst hotel I have stayed at.

Room Tip: Not the front of the hotel - awful views and very noisy early mornings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have just got back from a weeks stay at this hotel. Firstly I would like to say to the hotel that this comment is my opinion which should not be shrugged off with a blanket reply like some of the above comments. This is all we got all holiday....

Me and my friend wanted a late deal with a bit of sunshine. We was not after a luxurious stay with marbled floors so this was not our problem. We did however expect to have a nice clean room with regular towel changes and clean sheets. The first night when we checked in, I peeled my bed sheet back to have a much needed rest after a late check in to find that my sheet had a large amount of what appeared to be mascara and a sprinkling of blood. As it was late, I just wanted to sleep and found that if I turned the sheet around I managed to avoid this. I did inform reception the next day and my sheet was changed. However this was still unacceptable and set the tone for the rest of the holiday.

Looking out of my balcony on the first floor, all I saw were cigarette buts that had been tossed over by previous guests. There were boxers and other underwear that had obviously been there for a while. The clothes hanger was coming off the wall which meant you could hardly put anything on it. With the balcony being in constant shade, this did not matter as nothing dried anyway!

Every morning at approximately 07:30-8:00 we were woken by loud speaking maids and staff constantly banging doors. You could also hear every move of the surrounding occupants in the hotel. Believe me, this got very irritating and in the end, we just got up very early every morning to sleep by the pool.....on the last three days of our stay, the sound of drilling echoed in our ears at the same sort of time. When my patience wore very thin on the penultimate day, I asked reception how long this shall be going on for... They did not even know there was work going on stating it should have been finished two days ago. The drilling began on our last day again...reception then offered to move us...being it was our last day, we considered this move unecessary.

This was the hotels reply to all queries, stating they did not know work was being done....which brings me to my next point....

As we were woken every morning, we found ourselves seeking refuge on the roof terrace. The comments regarding the sunbeds are spot on. We also had to 'join em' with the reserving situation.

When just settling in to my fifty shades...a loud drilling would again ring through my ears from day 3 of the holiday onwards. The tiles to the floor were being dismantled for work to be conducted on what appeared to be the showers. Everybody looked at each other in dismay united in their horror when they realised the ork had not yet been completed and that they felt like they were back home listening to road works. The noise was bad enough, but the smell that consumed the air was extremely offensive... Drains and sewage....the works were only conducted at the time when people wanted to use the terrace which was a big shame as this was the best feature of the hotel.

On the first night, I asked for a bottled water to take to my room. Despite being an all inclusive hotel, this was not free!!! I thought the bar staff were trying to have a joke as this is what you expect! They didn't share the joke....

We then booked an excursion through Thomson.... Volcanoe explosions to lanzarote. This truly is NOT worth doing. We were lead by the exciting title and expected to explore the volcanoes as I have done this trip before whilst in lanzarote which was great but my friend had not. The boat ride was great, then we took the coach to the Volcanoe. We spent just 10 minutes on foot before the tour operator demanded we embarked the coach again! We were then taken on a coach through the horrifying narrow and bendy roads with hundreds of feet as a drop beside you. This was not explained to us or other fellow explorers. We were left with beating hearts and clammy hands which did not make for a pleasant experience for just over an hour. We then spent the rest of the day on the coach with 30minute pit stops at some picturesque spots. However given the title of the excursion, this is not what we came to do and did not stop anywhere long enough to get decent food considering we were out for the full day. This I know is not a hotel issue, but thomsons and considering this is who fellow travellers are most likely to travel with, I believe this should be explained.

We did take a packed lunch with us on this excursion. This consisted of two dry pieces of white bread with no butter put together with one slice of ham and one slice of cheese in the middle. Both being much smaller than the actual bread size! Disappointing but by this point, it was what was expected.

The entertainment team did their near best to keep holiday makers entertained. The day time activities looked good for kids. The evening came and shows were put on. If you did not participate, you were left feeling awkward. To be honest, they seemed to only engage with one set of people and used them for everything which made it boring. One night there was a raffle. We did not purchase tickets as the prizes were naff to say the least... A slinky, an old battered humongous stuffed toy which you would not be able to take back anyway an some wine which you could get anyway being it was all inclusive! The response we got from the rep when we said we did not wih to purchase was 'whatever' and she turned on her heels and mumbled under her breath!!!! We then heard a speech over the mic stating they did not understand why they had received some bad reviews on trip advisor.... We were then asked to write a good review....they did an ok job. They weren't professional at all times.

The food at the hotel was very poor. One night I had pork and I could honestly say, I would not have fed this to my cat!!!! Chips were served every night as well as their paella which was not that nice!!! The best attempt was when they seemed to try an Indian themed night with extras like a Chinese spring roll.....

The pancakes for breakfast were very nice and there was always fresh fruit which was also very nice. The sausages were awful and the bacon was the usual streaky bacon. The milk for cereal was left at room temperature in a dispenser which was not that pleasant. If you managed to find a bowl that was not broken to put your cereal in, they were extremely small! The dishes, bowls and cutlery were not only slightly chipped, these were full on broke! Snapped off handles left sharp edges which you could easily cut yourself on. These were not sporadic and a constant flow of broken dishes kept leaving the kitchen. At one point I placed 9 bowls to one side and informed staff. They did not seem happy and just took them back in to the kitchen!

The fruit juices WERE watered down. Some days they were watered down less and some days more... I can not see how the hotel can deny this as there was such a large difference from one day to the next!

One day,we returned back to our room to find a cat tearing a pigeon apart on our balcony. When we informed staff, they immediately sent someone to clear this up.

On the day of departure, some people were able to extend their room for free whilst others paid 35euros. They did give you a complementary room for 30 minutes to have a shower etc. they gave us the best towels at this point! All week we had been using the same small towels then on this day, they give you quit a large fluffier blue towel.

The wifi is not included and a price of 25euros for one week was expected on top of 17euros for the safe. Something I have never had to pay for in an all inclusive resor before!!!! We did get a safe but no wifi.

Also you had to pay for satellite tv which we di not pay for. We heard other people complaining about this service.

One morning we left the second key in the slot inside the room as I needed to charge my phone for a call.. When I returned, the maid had taken the card and unplugged my phone. I did not have enough charge to make my phone call. This was annoying and left us with one key. I did ask for another t reception which was provided.

The best part of the hotel was spoilt by the constant drilling which was a shame.

We also ate out at FADO ROCK which I can not speak any higher of! It was gorgeous with such friendly staff. Carlos and his family own this along with the Portuguese restaurant opposite and aloha gardens which is a gorgeous quaint bar which appears to attract the locals. I unfortunately di not get to eat in Portuguese restaurant but in other two places, the cocktails were amazing and they gave you free cocktails and chasers. Along with the constant refill of popcorn at aloha gardens! Thursday nights show flamenco dancing which is brilliant to watch.

I would not return to this hotel and would not recommend. The potential is all there but not utilised.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to hopefully avoid general noise from other guests to get a good nights sleep...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed 28th September until 5th October, Visited for my Birthday, Thoroughly enjoyed our week at the Caleta Hotel. Very spacious clean rooms,Very clean friendly hotel. Staff very welcoming. English guy on reception very helpful. We had a 3rd floor room entrance facing which had full sun all day,So we tended to make the most of that. Food was good although we did eat out a few times.We travelled on local bus service very cheaply. Please don't be put off by some of the reviews it depends on your expentations. I cant wait to return. Going to take my family next time without doubt. Thomas cook staff do an wonderful job with the entertainment all day. Well done everyone at Caleta Hotel Keep up the good work x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Paul, thank you very much for your friendly comments, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. We are proud of our hotel staff who makes this hotel as good as it is.
We will consider your comments and seggestions.
We are looking forward to welcomen you soon again in Costa Caleta Hotel.

Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel on the 3rd-10th October, On arriving at the hotel we were warmly greeted at reception and directed to our room. Our room was situated on the first floor and was very clean and of adequate size, The view from our balcony wasn't brilliant as it faced on to the road, however this didn't bother us too much as we didn't spend much time in our room.

The pools were clean, slightly cold, but was perfect to cool down from sunbathing! There was an issue wihth everyone reserving sun beds with towels even though the rules stated this was not allowed, In the end we found ourselves doing the same or it was not easy to find a bed- If you cant beat em, join em.

The food was a bit hit and miss, however we are both quite fussy eaters but always managed to find something as there was plenty of choice. But you must try the little squish cream cakes for dessert, they are lovelyyy! On one of the days we requested a packed lunch to take out with us on an excersion, I would not recommend doing this as we found the sandwiches stale and lacking filling so ended up throwing them away anyway.

For a couple of nights we stayed in to watch the hotel entertainment with sangrias flowing, the entertainment team did a fantastic job, there were plenty of opportunities to participate, we took part in battle of the sexes and won two bottles of champers woo! Such a good laugh. The fun fitness with the Captain during the morning at the poolside is actually hilarious- GET INVOLVED. OOSH

At first we were a little apprehensive as we were worried the area outside of the hotel was too quiet, but we soon found places to go. Obviously it isnt going to be like Ibiza or somewhere but there is a good mix of lively and quiet. Studs bar is just round the corner and prices are very reasonable: 4.50 for cocktails and 1.50 for pints of san miguel which is very cheap, especially in comparison to places in the central part. If you are interested in places to go out in the evening, I'd reccomend O'Connors Irish Pub, there is a live band every night (the paddy wacks) who are amazing!

People on here have been moaning about the all inclusive ending at 11:30 but I think whilst we were there it had changed to 11, For us this wasnt a problem as we made the most of it while we could and went out after but I guess it depends what you are after :).

While we were there we went on a boat trip to Lanzarote to visit the market and spent the afternoon on a boat, unfortunatley we made the mistake of booking it through the hotel, which worked out more expensive than the little travel place we came across in the central part, shame we didnt find it before we booked!, the description of the trip said it included lunch, but all we got was one drink and a stale sandwich on board! Not what we were expecting I must say! So if you do want to book excersions you are better off visiting the travel office as they have good last minute deals and better prices than the list the hotel give you.

we also visited Oasis Park which was a lovely day out, unfortunatley some of the animals were not kept in the best conditions and enclosures were small, which was a bit sad to see but I guess that's zoos for you.

Overall we had a lovely time, we always felt safe walking about at night and the early hours, the Island itself and resturants/bars all had a lovely atmosphere. Obviously it's not the place you'd go if your'e after a really lively clubbing scene but it is perfect for a relaxing time with enough bars to keep you entertained!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Costa Caleta? Share your experiences!