“What else are you looking for from your Holidays?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caleta Dorada

You added Caleta Dorada to your Saves list
Caleta Dorada
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ Barrilla, s/n, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain (Formerly Blue Sea Caleta Dorada)   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What else are you looking for from your Holidays?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I don't understand where the negative complaints are coming from!.just back from a two weeks all inclusive relaxing break and loved every minute of it.Six adults two toddlers,and just about all our needs were catered for.Entertainment,Bar,& Waiting Staff all first class ,not naming any names because all were just as good as the other,C86 C87 ,spectacular views of the marina and the sea.If thinking of,or have Booked to go, forget the negative reviews on here,get out there and enjoy your break and the sun,Fuertaventura is a beautiful place and would go back no problems,and everyone we spoke to have said the same things.

Room Tip: Slip the staff a euro into the tip bottles,it goes a long way !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Paid for 3* and thats what we got. Would go back at this time of year but high season you may have to spend most of your time queuing for drinks. Rooms basic but clean and maid service every other day. For a family with small children then i would recommend it, the entertainment staff try their hardest to keep the kids entertained. Overall we had a good holiday and would go back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

just got back from a week all inclusive with my partner. we loved it! lovely room, plenty of food to choose from in the resturant, dont understand why people are saying the pool was freezing! fair enough it was cold but its an outdoor pool you cant expect it heated! always sunloungers available and lovely staff. perfect location for the pubs/resturants and the beach! free wifi is everywhere which was great. cant wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

So my partner and I have just returned and we could not fault the place.
The food was good and varied, there was only one meal that my partner didn't enjoy, I on the other hand ate like a queen all week!
The room was clean and fresh, shame it didn't have air con but we slept with the doors open and had no problems. We didn't have any of the ant or cockroach problems other people have mentioned.
The entertainment was lovely, Ashleigh and Jose were great with kids and adults, but I must say Jose was waaaaay better! :) Everyone (kids and adults) had the opportunity of winning certificates in various games put on through the day and in the evening entertainment.
We only went to the main pool by the bar but found its cool, salty waters a lovely refresher from sitting in the scorching heat. The bar tenders where very friendly and tried teaching us a new Spanish word every time we went to the bar which was nice.
The place was cleaned all the time and we often saw staff diligantly sweeping and mopping all the outside areas.
The hotel complex itself has two supermarkets (the white boarded one is the cheapest) and it's close to the beach. Cigarettes are super cheap! but other luxuries such as Haribo's and other British/America sweets are horribly expensive.
Keep in mind this is not a five star hotel and you will be pleasantly surprised. I would definitely go back.
The hotel is only a 12euro taxi ride from the airport so you do not need transfers. Also, I booked my holiday through 9Holidays who charged me extra for a bungalow, please note there are only bungalows in the complex so do not agree to the extra charge!
There are lots of excursions with free travel; reception will give you all the information you need. Also, if you take a walk to the beach and find a pile of rocks... 9times out of 10 there are wild chipmunks living there who will happily, take monkey nuts from your hands (they are a little shy and hard to spot at first). Also there is "The Floating Shop" where you can dip your feet in the harbour and feed the fish. I would highly recommend doing this!
IF YOU GO TO FUERTEVENTURA WHATEVER HOTEL YOU STAY AT YOU MUST VISIT THE ZOO! BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!!

Room Tip: C Block is close the the main pool without it being too noisey.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atherstone, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The good points to start. Room good size, plenty of mirrors & plug points which are usually sadly lacking in most hotels. Food good if sometimes repetitive as we find is normal when you are on 2 weeks all inclusive. Now the bad points too many unsupervised children its as if when they are on holiday parents think they can look after themselves, they are allowed to frequently run around getting hot drinks from machines some children as young as 3 or 4. Also as late as 11pm when you are in the queue for drinks you have children pushing in front of you. You also have a lot of people with no wristbands going too the bar & getting free drinks which is unfair when people pay all inclusive, Our sheets were only changed once in 2 weeks. be warned you have to pay for TV kettles & toasters which adds a lot extra to holiday price. Back to good points towels changed every 2 days staff really friendly always a smile of welcome once they get too know you. Would go back again out of season.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner read the reviews on this complex, but we decided to book and see for our selves as we didnt think it would be as bad as what everyone was saying.... oh how wrong we were!!! As parents to a 2yr old and 11yr old please do not go if you have a family, our childs cot was full of ants and it was a travel cot that they put in the so called room and it was ripped and mucky, our beds well we should have slept on the floor cause I think it would have been better, but we couldnt do this as we were awake nearly all night killing ants and cockroches that were infesting our room. The room was dated and mucky and also our friends the ants lived in every part of the room with us, the bath taps were rusty and dated. The lights all had melted lampshades due to the bulbs being too big for the shade, however these did not catch fire I will never know. The food well what can I say we spent £500 on eating out and just getting out of this bloody hell hole, the all inclusive package is a bloody joke, the food and the rotting smell from the resturant just makes you want yo throw up, they fry everything, and id say everything in the same oil. Drinks well that's a laugh theres only 1 serving and you get half filled cups. The kids club is a joke, the entertainment staff are a complete joke they look like they cant look after themselves so why would any sane parent trust them with there kids, they just liked standing around and being ignorant and rude. The pool is so cold my eldest daughter who is a proper water baby hardly went in as it was that cold it made her feel ill. The baby pool was as big as my kitchen sink and was full of plastic cups and cigarette ends, the tiles on the floor was all cracked and the place itself was mucky, run down, and there was no bar managers or reps to help you with anything. The pool bar was like a run down working mens club, which in all this is ment to be for a family, well everyone smokes in there and theres beer and food all over the floor, its disgusting! ! I could go on and on but I wont I think you can tell how much we hated this holiday, I feel really upset that we waited 2 yr for this holiday and this is what we got, I have never wrote a bad review, this is the first time ive had to write one, dont get me wrong im not stuck up nor is my partner, we are hard working down to earth people that feel so let down and ripped off. And to end on a worse note ive left this bit to the end as I could go on all night about everything else from this but I think you know what I mean when I say, someone pooed in the pool as well and it was netted out and dragged all across the floor in front of our sun loungers, I think you can imagine what sort of holiday we had. Dont waste your money coming to this resort!!! Or should I say HELL HOLE!!!!!

edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had stayed here before for a few days and thought it was quite good, so decided to book up again as it had everything needed for the kids. The main pool is big, with lots of sun loungers and a few slides for the kids, but NO umbrellas!! The pool also seems to leave strange blue stains (in lines along your bum) we had to leave all our swimming clothes behind as they were all ruined. There is one small section with shade or the bar area but you can't go there when wet. The rooms are dated but clean, beds were (to us) very uncomfy but when we asked for more pillows we got them sent up right away. The thing that REALLY annoyed me was that (although we were all inclusive -luckily) the rooms are not self catering!! You have to hire EVERYTHING!! Fans, kettles, toasters, cots, high chairs, and tv (although you do get a lot of English channels for paying) so expect to lose a large chunk of your budget on that. It's a €20 deposit for everything plus €10+ per week for appliances. Hotels are just getting to greedy. The maid came every other day, clean towels and beds made/changed. Don't expect to high a standard and I'd advise to buy a sweeping brush and ant spray especially if you have kids. Not that there's much they can do about ants, they are everywhere in all hotels. The breakfast was great, everything you could want is there. Lunch was ok but dinner was terrible! San Miguel on tap coke fanta and sprite which was great but the wine was horrible. Another big gripe is there is NO air con in the buffet which is like a heat trap, and is actually sickening when it's full, I thought I was going to throw up and pass out a few times. They have windows all around it but they won't open them, again I think it's a way to get you out quick so they can save money. The snack from the pool bar are quite good, only toasties and hot dogs on ai before lunch, and toasties or sandwiches after the lunch buffet has closed. There is no brand alcohol even if your wanting to pay. Yes the drinks at the bar are mostly plastic cups but considering there is children and bare feet I think that's just being sensible. Especially when there are so many adults drinking all day and not bothering about the people around them. When it came to hot drinks I just doubled up the plastic cups. The wifi is far to slow to use, even when you pay to use their computers, the time runs out before you've done anything. entertainment wasnt the best, but the kids seemed to love it, expect the same 4/5 songs and dances every night, and I think the entertainment staff could have put a better effort in, not once did they attempt to get to know the children, but again the kids loved it.
We had an amazing holiday despite all the gripes, but I believe it's down to what you make of it.
I would recommend this hotel as long as you know it's going to cost more than you first expect. Either on hiring equipment on self catering or for meals out at night because the buffet isn't great. The location is good and for the best part the hotel isn't to terrible. I'd recommend el capitan (over from the barcelo) we fed 3 adults and 3 hungry boys with drinks for €50/60 (we went 3 times)

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Caleta Dorada? Share your experiences!