“Not much to complain about... considering the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caleta Dorada

You added Caleta Dorada to your Saves list
Caleta Dorada
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ Barrilla, s/n, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain (Formerly Blue Sea Caleta Dorada)   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Not much to complain about... considering the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

It is definitely not a 5 star hotel but a simple, OK, cheap place to stay.

The staff is friendly.
The location is OK if you don't mind a few minutes walk until you reach the beach.
The food was good and reasonably diverse.

The furniture seems old, not too impressive but the rooms were spacious; they gave us a studio type of accommodation.

We went in winter and the weather was lovely and sunny, not a day with rain. The sea temperature was a little bit cold though.

I would recommend this place for a quiet, non pretentious but pleasant holiday.

PS: there is a little bit of an ant situation but I'm guessing it's not just in this hotel. Just be careful not to forget half-eaten food in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

just come back 22nd june spent a week here with my family had great fun kids really enjoyed it we stayed in c block by the main pool we found no problems with the bungalows was a bit worried when I read the bad reviews but don't know why people moan about it you get what you pay for and yes I think its more for familys with children, staff were helpful and the food was ok would I go again yes great fun for the kids and entertainment was good too there was other pools that are quiet the one by the restaurant was lovely

Room Tip: we stayed in c16 I would say c block for familys with children as your by the main pool
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

When we first landed there we were late and tierd, we missed our dinner so we wer given a voucher to get a sandwich in the Bar,We were starving, so we went up loads of steps after bieng given directions at the reception, my friend has bad knees so it took ages.( We wern't warned of this) The Bar was full of Kids screaming and running around wild. Hey it was 10.30. Anyway we had the sandwich, it was stale. Of we went to the room. It was Basic but clean, apart from loads of small fly's we couldn't get rid of in the Bathroom. In the morning we were woken by a masive roaring, it was very close to the Airport, there were low flying planes pasing over all day. We found Three nice pools, the one was very niosey, with all the children, load music playing constantly, the other two pools were nice and quiet, but the Bars wern't open so you could'nt even get a drink of water,in theday time unless you went on a big treck uphill, to the noisey Bar.We found the staff fine, also the food was fine for the price we paid, we only were only told about the one restaraunt, the other one was always closed. This place is great for familys with Kids, as it's more like Butlins without the good entertainment. Not for the more Mature without Kids. Also very run down needs a good facelift. Would we go again NO, NO,NO

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Saltash, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked this cheap holiday for myself and my partner, a week from 6th June-13th, our first holiday together, so I was quite excited. I am by no means a snob, nor do I holiday every year, but the last holidays I have been on have been at least 4 star resorts and deserved every star, unfortunately we couldn't find a 4 star resort in our price range, so we settled for this "3 star" resort. The pictures looked nice enough, it was a preference for there to be more than one pool, as although we love children, we wanted a little peace and quiet, thus why we went out of the summer holidays, the pools looked nice and although they were freezing we did use them, the problem we had though was that the lovely quiet pool we used was a fair walk from the only bar open in the resort (it is a large resort), meaning we had to go without drinks or keep walking to and fro, this seemed odd seeing as there were pool bars at both other pools but neither had been open for a long time. On arrival to the resort we couldn't actually read the resort name as the signs were broken, not a good first impression! The reception was the nicest building in the whole place, with comfortable seating, modern shower rooms and a large luggage room. We were told there was only one restaurant to eat at for all inclusive guests,which was fine, but after seeing the other two restaurants on site (mediterranean and chinese) we were disappointed as they looked quite pleasant, also there was no a la carte menu as stated when we booked, food wasn't of great standard, I could usually find something edible but we ended up spending a fortune on food and drink from nearby restaurants or the supermarket as the only snacks offered at the pool bar were am-hot dogs or a toastie and pm tuna sandwich or a toastie, although if you wanted to pay you could have chips or burgers, I was cross at this as it should be offered to all inclusive if they have it there, I have never heard of such rubbish. Other bad points were- no air con in rooms so hot at night, didn't want to open windows as another family got robbed whilst we were there. No jacuzzi or sauna available which was advertised on the site. The 24 hour reception closed at 00.15, one night I was in there using the wifi (the only place you can get it) to check my emails etc and got asked to leave as it was time to close, when I showed the guard the website where it states it is 24hours he said "no it isn't" no other explanation given. The gym was horrible, very poor state of repair. Hot drinks were in plastic cups at pool bar, no choice, very impractical. We paid 1 euro to play pool to find there was no white ball, we asked about it and were told they have have lots of complaints about it, but it's not there responsibility! Long queues for the bar as usually only one staff member to serve drinks and snacks when available. Very uncomfortable single beds pushed together but made up separately even though I booked a double. We had cockroaches and ants in our room which was disgusting. The children seemed to enjoy their entertainment and the team and most staff there were friendly, but it just seemed that the resort which was probably nice once, has been badly maintained and little by little they are just closing things down rather than making the most of what is there, I would say 2 star is more appropriate, definitely not 3! We came away having spent a lot more than when I stayed at a 4 star resort in Fuerteventura back in 2009 as we had to pay to eat and drink out a lot, so I would recommend staying at a higher star hotel to avoid added expense and disappointment, I wouldn't recommend and we won't be returning, it wasn't the cheap and cheerful holiday we expected.

Room Tip: We were in room c67, nice to be close to reception and restaurant and sea view, but we did have cock...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

look around for new loungers which they were renewing when we left, as the loungers are in very poor condition. If you need a quite hotel this is not the one for you, it is a family hotel, and we were there the quieter pool which has a bar was not open.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We weren't expecting 5* or 4* but a cheap, cheerful, good value for money week away. Like the review by Jackiepi I would not return for free either. We were so disapointed.
The apartment itself was clean and basic but everywhere else was run down and dirty. Our first trip to the restaurant gave us the choice of dried up chicken nuggets, mixed frozen veg. I wouldn't eat any of the meat and anything that was described as fish wasn't. You had to check plates, bowls, cutlery to see if it was clean and most of it wasn't. It was safer to use a plastic cup than consider a dirty glass. We watched staff brushing crumbs from the table and the guy with coffee cups on his trolley whilst restocking them dropped some in the black bin bag (rubbish) on the trolley and we watched him take them out, wipe off any dirt and then stack them up for people to use.
I think there were about 5 members of staff in the whole complex. Tables in the restaurant were rarely cleared and at the main bar cups were never collected. There was one member of staff serving drinks and so there was always a queue. You couldn't even avoid the restaurant by going to the snack bar as there was a choice of a cheese and ham toastie (not really toasted at all, more warmed and either the anaemic looking ham wasn't ham or it must have been off) or a tuna sandwich (the one we got was rock hard as if it had been in a fridge for a few days).
We had read before we went about the plastic glasses but I didn't think these would be for tea and coffee too! We ate out most nights as I actually felt sick just being in the restaurant. We ate bread for breakfast and lunch if we did go but by dinner it was rock solid as it had clearly been out all day.
The gym was dark and dingy with hardly any equipment in working order and the bar beneath the restaurant smelled bad and, like the rest of the place was so depressing.
The beer was good (the wine however was a different story) as is the view of the resort from the complex but that is the only positive thing I can say about the place. Take heed of the bad reviews and don't even consider it (wish we had)!!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have recently returned after a week's family holiday at this good and effective hotel. If you are looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday this is the hotel you would be searching for. The staff are pleasant and helpful, with the the food being of a most satisfactory standard. You must try the omelettes in the morning 5* quality. The weather, following the first 2 days poor weather, was excellent and the hotel facilities keep the kids happy and were very good. I would recommend this hotel for people looking at an affordable and enjoyable expirence please don't go with expectation of 5* at the 3* prices or you will be disappointed. Give it go and see for yourself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Caleta Dorada? Share your experiences!