Arrived home last night from a short break at this lovely hotel.
We stayed in a sea view room in the San Jorge side of the hotel. The room was very spacious with the biggest bed we have ever seen and very comfortable. The bathroom was also very spacious with a large walk in shower. The room was cleaned daily to a good standard and the maids were all friendly. The only bad thing I would say about the room is there is no air con, we just about got away with it in April/May but it would put me off returning in peak season. We just couldn't fathom why a hotel of this standard would not have it already. There was a safe in the room for a charge but the fridge was free (have been to hotels before were we have come back to the room to find our stuff locked in the fridge!)
The grounds were lovely, both pools were clean with plenty of sunbeds and even if you roll up late on there were always plenty available, although you would expect that in low season. There is a lovely area with gazebos so that you can sit and have a quiet drink in the shade, its a very pretty area with lots of lovely plants and flowers.
We stayed all inclusive and although I am a very picky eater there was something each night. Usually they had a choice of two meats and one fish to be cooked in front of you as well as numerous other dishes already prepared. In the morning they would also cook omelettes to order as well as crepes. The restaurant is also open at lunch time with a full menu available and there is also a snack bar next to the pool were soft drinks, ice cream and cakes are available self service with a bar service for alcohol. Bottled water is available at no extra cost.
The hotel staff were all friendly and hard working, the animacion team were enthusiastic but not pushy and had various games available during the day.
All in all this hotel was very good value (we got an excellent deal with Travel Republic) and I would recommend it mainly for families or couples, definitely not a place for gangs of lads or girls. Its only 11euros in a taxi from the airport which is cheaper than booking transfers!
We really cant fault the hotel, and the only potential negative was the lack of air con but as it was early season that didn't affect us. If we were to return to Fuerteventura then we would not hesitate to book here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Caleta de Fuste and only 500m from the Castillo beach and town centre, the Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua suite hotel has everything you need for your self catering holidays. The town centre boasts several shopping and leisure centres, while the beach offers a variety of water or beach sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HostelWorld and getaroom.com so you can book your Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Castillo San Jorge / Antigua / Caleta De Fuste
- Castillo San Jorge
- Castillo De San Jorge
- Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste