“cant wait to back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua

You added Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua to your Saves list
Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Franchy Roca s/n | Urb El Castillo, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“cant wait to back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

October 31st 2012.Just returned and felt we just had to tell everyone how great this hotel is.The staff were fantastic and worked tremendously hard,and the majority with a smile.We did not have children with us but it was obvious the children were well entertained in the kids club.The evening entertainment was the usual magician,jugglers,singers, parrot shows etc.But it was there if you wanted it and we watched them all whilst having a drink and it was fine.The food was great with plenty of choice and the bonus of a grill cooking fresh meat every lunch and evening(steak,chicken,sausages,burgers,fish etc)in the morning fried eggs and pancakes.The room was a large one bedroom apartment.We took other reviewers advise and had a sea view and it was truely worth it.Feed the chipmunks who habitat the rocks outside the hotel.We have stayed in 5 star hotels with much nicer interior decoration but did not receive the warmth felt at this hotel.With the turnover of holiday makers it may look a little tired in places but it is still very presentable but if you expect the Hilton dont go.Regarding the weather it was very warm with some cloud cover.It did get quite breezy but we never once wore a jacket or jumper.(Unfortunately the hotel could do nothing about the weather)It is in a good location with a pleasant walk along the sea front to the harbour and beach(15 minutes)If you have to pay for your tranfer we opted to get a taxi which cost 12 euros(£10) Thomas Cook wanted £42 return.Hopefully you will find this review of use we cant wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: Have sea view room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Manager at Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Robert. We really apreciated your opinion about holiday, is good to know that you enjoy your time and thanks very much to mention our hotel like great and that our staff were fantastic and hard worked.
If you enjoyed your time this is our compensation.
Hope to see you with us one more time and give you our welcome.
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Polish first
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went to this hotel with myself, my boyfriend, his mum and 2 children 11 & 14, 17-24 Oct, and I can safely say all my worries from reading previous reviews soon went away. Please ignore all bad reviews and make up your own mind once you have visited. I think people expect far too much from 3 star hotels.

We had a fidelity card, which I totally recommend as you get a spacious sea view room which is fabulous, fridge with refreshments, including lager, and late check out so you can relax on your last day. All the staff are very friendly and work very hard, pools are lovely and clean, there is something for everybody at meal times and different themes each night like chinese, mexican etc.

The beach is only a short walk and so is bars etc. Studd bar is 1.5 euro for a pint of San Miguel and it shows all football games. I wouldnt bother eating at Aberdeen, which is meant to be a good steak house. It is disgusting they are not real steaks. The hotel food is much better, but there are some lovely places to eat.

I cant find anything negative to say so go and have a good time!!

Room Tip: Go on elba website and order a fidelity card
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marcey. We apreciated your point of view about holiday and what the people expect for 3 star hotel. Is nice to hear that you cant find anything negative and invite the people to come and enjoy a good time.
We work very hard to make our guest´s holiday as pleasant as we can.
Regards
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just came back from a weeks holiday AI. One of the best holidays me and my family have had. Being a fidelty card holder we received a room upgrade which was a sea view which was lovely to look at. Room was clean could do with updating a bit. Hotel was lovely but yet again just needs a bit of decorating in places. Food was good and varied different theme every night. Onto the staff and i can't rate them high enough all were pleasent and friendly but there are a couple i have got to make a special mention firstly there is Maria one of the waitressing staff who made us feel special and especially our 2 yr old son who she made feel extra special.Then there is Frank who is part of the entertainment team, he does a fantastic job keeping everybody entertained and happy during the day and evening and who entertains the kids in the evening, without him our son wouldn't had half the entertainment he had top bloke.
I have no complaints about the hotel what so ever and will be going again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
west yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here a number of times, Great Staff, Clean Apartments, Great Sea Views, Near Cafes & Bars, The Phoenix Showbar is a must for those wanting Brilliant Entertaiment, We were in Caleta for 14 nights and we spent 12 of those at the Phoenix Showbar, Music & Laughs a good Night all Round.

Room Tip: Sea View, High Floor.
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel (by myself) for nine nights from 10th October, in a Studio Apartment. I booked direct with the company's website and chose self catering. I found reception helpful and accommodating. It was a short walk to my room, 2116. My room was clean and freshly laid out for my arrival. The bathroom was well equipped, and hot water was always available, with plenty of towels. The kitchenette was small, but adequate, and enough utensils were provided. However, trying to cook a hot meal for a family of four would be something of a chore. The main room doubles as the bedroom and consisted of a double bed and a double sofa bed. So this room could have easily slept four. The bed was comfortable and so was the sofa bed. The balcony was small, but had a plastic table, two chairs and also a drying rack for wet clothes. I didnt have a sea view, which would have been nice. However, it was pleasant enough to sit outside in.

The grounds were clean and well presented. The pools didn't interest me but looked nice, and there were a selection of shops, restaurants, and a supermarket. Prices were obviously higher than going local, but its nice to sometimes have the convenience on hand. The cleaners were nice people and the standard of the cleaning was OK.

The hotel itself is located on the seafront. If you exit the hotel on the seaward side you can either follow the winding seafront path along the coastline for a couple of kilometers. Or you can walk in the other direction towards the marina which takes about five minutes. So there is plenty of scope for cyclists, joggers, and people of a more active nature.

So this hotel has plenty going for it. The main downside is a lack of built in air conditioning, and low quality TV sets. However, more expensive rooms may have these, I did choose the most basic room I could. All in all, for the price I paid I was happy with what I got. If I used this hotel again, and I might...then I would probably go for a sea view room as the coastline is pretty nice, and the constant breeze would be very cooling for the room.

Room Tip: Check about air conditioning. Specify any utensils you will need. Upgrade the TV if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Reception staff were very helpful and we were allocated a sea view room which I had requested with my fidelity card. The view was amazing and room was massive but the cleanliness was not up to the standard that I would expect. There was still sand around the edge of the room from the previous guests (which was still there when we left)! I know that installing air con would cost a lot but I think this hotel could do with it as I woke up a few nights roasting and I'm a person that likes to be hot!

There were plenty of sunbeds available but I doubt there would be if you went in the height of season! Also take some sort of cushion as they are the hardest sunbeds I have ever lay on.

The bar and restaurant staff were lovely and always smiling and saying hi to anyone they passed. We were all inclusive and although we did not eat at the hotel everyday as the food out was quite cheap, it was more than worth it for the drinks and ice creams! The snack bar was great as it meant that you could always get food but the all inc buffet was very samey.

My main gripe was that the hotel seemed to want to make money out of everything. The safe was €20 a week plus €10 deposit, €10 deposit for the TV remote, €10 to hire a hairdryer, €1 a day for a sunbed cushion!

This all being said though we are likely to return!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
worcestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We returned yesterday after spending 2 weeks at the San Jorge.
Our room was in building one and had a sea view and was apparently an upgrade as we had an Elba Fidelity club card which we applied for a month before we travelled......tip taken from trip advisor....
The hotel was very quiet as would be expected in October and there were a lot of people there our age and older, not many families with kids,which I think this hotel is really geared up for during the main school holidays......kids and families.
This was our 6th trip to Fuerteventura so have stopped in several hotels and accomodation on this islands but never with the Elba group of hotels.I must say I wouldn't go back to this hotel and if you are going there to stop there during peak holiday times and your looking for a relaxing quiet holiday, then rethink....this is a huge hotel and as I said is very much geared up for families and kids who are on a budget and I can only imagine the nightmare this place would be during busy times as at times, as quiet as it was some of the kids who were there the 2 weeks we stopped we a bit unruley and some of the parents didnt seem to care what they did or where they were. This hotel must be a total car crash during the busiest times, it is a huge hotel and the dining hall isn't that big, there are 3 main pools and not that many sun beds but again where all the people must go during these busy times who knows...I can understand the frustration and some of the reveiws on here for this hotel.
The food was ok....was varied, tasty, nutricious, the staff are hard working and very friendly and always have a smile for you and nothing is too much trouble for them.
Entertainment well was really not much good, but some of the guests seem to enjoy it, was a little dated, bit like being at Pontins in the 70's !!
I usually have loads to write when I come back from holiday about the accomodation but this time I find myself feeling a bit unexcited about it...if that makes sense??

I have stopped at Barcelo 3 stars and Sunrise Beach hotels 3 star AI and I can say that this Elba hotel didnt come up to the same mark,the food choice, organisation and service at the Barcelo and Sunrise chains far out shines this hotel, what the 4 and 5 star Elba hotels are like I do no know.....
Mainly British people stopping here and at times I would say I wasnt exactly proud to be one of them!!
Anyway it did what it said on the tin....was 3 star...as long as your expectation is nothing more than this then you will not be disappointed, but personally for the price I would either stop at the Sunrise hotels mainly in the south of the island or pay the little bit more and go to the barcelo...it really is a no brainer....
So good luck if you have booked here but I will not be returning....As for the Elba Fidelity card,,,it says you get priority booking in, a discount, the best room, no rush to leave etc etc etc.....well all we got for the privilege was 2 cans of coke, 2 bottle of water,two beers,and 2 bath robes.....we had already requested a sea view and we did request late check out as we had a late flight back and were told ademently not possible......so for what it is worth give it a go you may get something for having the Fidelity card.....as it was quiet time of the year and the hotel was only a quarter full, my thinking was it would have been easier to accommodate requests such as late check out...but apparently they needed the room for guests coming in after us even though they have 75% of the hotel empty...but hey ho....
I would just like to say I am not anti kids or families as I have 3 kids myself, but I had of taken my kids here during peak times I personally think we would have had an awful time.

Room Tip: As for a sea view preferably in building 3 quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua? Share your experiences!