The resort is quite small, but there are a few good restaurants. Didn't go to any of the bars due to baby. Hotel in the middle of resort, so easy access.
Wonderful promenade directly outside pool gates of hotel - great, long coastal walks in either direction. Fantastic for cycling, jogging, walking, prams - lovely smooth paving for majority of path.
Beach directly outside pool gates - looked fantastic - lovely bay, lovely sand, beautiful calm blue/green sea. Lots of lovely beaches right near the hotel.
Pool area - 2 big pools, 1 children's pool - children's pool was a let down for me as there was no graduated area - it was all same depth and too deep for our baby to sit in. If you need to be in the shade like me, not a good pool area. There are some fixed umbrellas but these are right at the edges, so only provide shade for a small part of the day. There are some pagoda style wooden structures but they let a lot of sun through. Nice and breezy by the pool - one day we were actually cold. The pool is salt water so you feel a bit icky afterwards, tho there is a shower.
Would say hotel isn't really "all" inclusive - if you want clean beach towels you have to pay, AI drinks finish at 11pm I think, pay for safe deposit box in room (!!!!) etc.
The room service menu is rubbish - I would've been happy to pay for food but there wasn't anything on it really.
Only one restaurant - disappointing - all buffet. Food was nice - lots of veal, fish, salads, different theme every night, nice soup, desserts ok, great bread. Disappointing drinks selection in restaurant - could only get wine or beer. Breakfast good, lunch ok. Got bored with the buffet after a few days so did go out a few times.
Pool bar nice, lovely and shaded but open air (with roof). Access to self serve food for most of day, but not v healthy. Nice tho, but not enough dessert - only Madeleine cakes.
Entertainment - we didn't see any as it was too loud to take the baby in. The bar area was nice tho, as was the lounge area by reception.
There were a couple of parks, which looked great for older kids and the kids club also looked great.
We had a superior room in block 3 with a lovely sea view. Went to the spa once - the hydrotherapy bit was interesting - not what I was expecting - lots of different temp pools. I think I was expecting some saunas etc. there was a steam room but it was broken in my visit. Had some treatments which were fantastic. The spa treatment menu is very interesting - lots of unusual treatments. Recommend a visit. The gym is in the spa - gym is fine, except there is no air conditioning and its all glass. The day I went it was absolutely roasting - I was dripping with sweat, and not from exercising. Not very nice. There were no fans either. There was a heat wave whilst we were there which may have made it worse.
It was a strange holiday for us - we're used to boutique hotels or beach huts and doing lots of travelling around, or staying somewhere really luxurious. I've stayed in a 4 star in Malaysia, and this hotel was no where near the same standard. I think we've probably been spoilt. We would have got more value out of the AI if we were childless - didn't feel q right drinking all day : )
Had a nice holiday, but wouldn't go back. It was too awful sharing a room with our baby at nught and the hotel wasn't amazing enough for me to cope with a one room holiday again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q prise, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste