I stayed here as a group of 7 with family and friends for a week in January 2013. The hotel grounds are lovely and very well kept with beautiful gardens, 2 pools (1 of which is slightly heated) and plenty of activities during the day including gym, mini golf, aerobics etc. The communal areas are spotless and the staff are lovely; friendly and attentive. The hotel is right on the beach and at the edge of a quiet resort. There are lots of bars, restaurants and shops within easy walking distance and the resort offers a train for €1 that does a route of the resort every half hour.
The food was of a very good quality and plentiful, there was always something for everyone's tastes from local delicacies to chips and pasta. The drinks were good too a selection of cocktails on the all inclusive menu as well as premium spirits and cocktails available at a reduced price for all inclusive. The wine isn't of a great quality but the cava is lovely. The only thing I found a bit odd was that the all inclusive service finished at 11 but the bar stayed open until 12. During the day there is a snack bar and all inclusive self-serve drinks area with other drinks available from the bar.
The staff work very hard and, considering the hotel is as large as it is, there seem to be a small team working pretty much all day. The evening drinks service is quite slow as a result (about 10 minutes from order to service during the entertainment) and we heard someone complain about this but there's always the option of going to the bar.
The rooms are a good size with a lovely balcony area with comfortable chairs and tables. They have a fantastic sink area separate from the toilet and bath, which, with 3 women sharing, was very handy for getting ready. We had a family room in block 1, which was large with a huge double bed and double sofa bed. The beds were a bit hard but you get extra pillows as standard so its comfortable enough. There's plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and hangers are provided. We didn't find we had any noise from the bars on the main road at all once the balcony door was closed.
The gym and spa are a 2 minute walk from the main hotel in a separate building. The gym is free to use and well equipped and the spa is €20, €10 for ladies on Wednesdays or free to Premium room holders, with free access to the sauna, steam room, Turkish baths and pool area.
The evening entertainment was generally of a very good quality. There were a couple of evenings run by the animation team, such as an illusion night and world music, and brought in acts like an Abba tribute and flamenco dancers.
All in all its a lovely, relaxing resort and a very well run hotel, with just a couple of niggles. I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q prise, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste