“dissapointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blue Sea Puerto Caleta

Save Saved
You added Hotel Blue Sea Puerto Caleta to your Saves list
Hotel Blue Sea Puerto Caleta
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   C/ Juan Evora Suarez, s/n, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

well if you fancy a swim when we were there we had no swimming pool for the whole stay .we were told to use other pools in the area but you had no lounger or spaces to sit .the poor girl on the desk did her best for us but all we got were empty promises.she told us if we come back later in the year she would do her best to get us free accomodation.empty promises again i suppose.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I have recently returned from the Puerto Caleta Apartments, apartment 56. During our two week stay we found everything that was promised was delivered and more. Apartment cleaned three times per week with clean linen and towels, a credit to the housekeeping staff. I've stayed in hotels in thirty six countries over the years from the far east to the USA and find the overall service hard to beat. It must be said, however, that the apartments are fairly basic, but don't let that put you off. Everything works that should work and if there is any sort of problem the staff deal with it quickly and politely. A special mention here for the most helpful and charming receptionist I have ever come across, her name is Monica. She could not do enough for us and looked after our every need. She is quite simply BRILLIANT.

Room Tip: High floor corner suites are best.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
basingstoke
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can only comment on the week I stayed here, so it is not usual. I arrived late evening to be told I would be moved to another hotel NOT of my choosing- due to no working pool in my chosen hotel! Friday 13th June 2014 - The room in Puerto Caleta Apartments was satisfactory apart from a few probs, with one broken shutter door and the other door hard to open and a dirty overhead grill in bathroom (but they cleaned this after comment)-overlooking the waterless pool, filled with workmen, with no open bar, plus I couldn't use the pool area either (usually open from 9.30 for breakfast at 3 euros). In recovery from an operation, the other hotel (Caleta Gardens)was too far for me to walk to, there were children running everywhere at 11pm at night, climbing balconies, screaming, pool very small - this hotel was unsuitable for me! The other suggested sister hotel (La Tahona-all inc- was full but it had a nice pool-the plunge pool steps were very slippery with no grip! Be warned-don't use the Barceló over the road-which has x3 salt water pools-I got asked to leave! They check on a regular basis, asking your room no, then your name! So it was the beach for me most days (not far to walk) + cooking breakfast. I had paid extra for a pool view so when they started painting I couldn't even open my doors and had to leave the complex, returning at 7.30-they were still painting and next day painting at 9pm still! Otherwise the balcony had sun from 10am til 9pm-lovely! The pool was tested for water on the day I left, so I never used it! If the pool had been filled and functioning, this hotel would have been ideal-the location is excellent, close to shops, beach & bars (set amongst bars & shops) & opposite Barceló Fuertaventura which has a pathway beside it to the beach, its quiet and friendly but I cannot comment on the facilities as there weren't any that week apart from the Pool bar run by English in the evening which hosts very good quiz nights & entertainment & was a welcome place to go! I spent last year sourcing my ideal hotel-this one-unfortunately I chose the wrong week-but it would have been nice if they had told me as I wouldn't have gone at all! On a positive note-if you stay here, you will have a newly furbished pool and everything else should be wonderful too! There are not really any facilities for children apart from the pool and a pool table. Rooms overlooking pool first floor are best. You can feed the chipmonks on the nearby rocks-cute but still vermin-they will feed from your hand & eat anything!Lovely long promenade to walk along (no bars on it but plenty of bars before Prom).Toilets & a walkable ramp on the beach-when the sea is out it is quite dangerous to walk into with rocks but further down towards The Sheraton & Elba Sara is a beautiful beach where kids can fish which has smooth sand. One room clean was missed but I don't think this is usual. I would recommend this for older couples & singles as a good base. Lone lady traveller.

Room Tip: 1st floor Pool View rooms are very good, but also 1st floor ones are good overlooking the Barceló &a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for a week (4th – 11th June) on the Canary Island of Fuerteventura in the Caleta De Fuste area at the hotel Puerto Caleta. We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was quite spacious, very well decorated, and kept spotlessly clean. It was self catering, but did not have a kettle (a pot could be heated on the stove). The terrace was large with a table and 3 chairs plus a large free-standing clothes rack. We were happy with the set up.
There was a very nice pool. Large surrounds with plenty of sunbeds. For the first 4 days we enjoyed it at various times, but 3 days before leaving we arrived home to find it emptied and jack hammers were removing all the tiles. A leak meant a major refurbish. The management were helpful and found us a nearby pool to use – it wasn’t the same! I don’t know how long it was going to take to complete the repairs but at least a week. Check that it is done before you go!
The hotel is excellently located, only 15 mins from the airport, and an easy walk to a variety of restaurants, shops, supermarkets and the beach.
Although the beach (a little stony at the waters edge) is only a few minutes walk away we recommend that you keep walking to the right, following the walkway that cuts through a desert area, towards the Sheraton. There are three beaches that have beautiful sand leading down to the water, no rocks. There is also a bar/ restaurant at the end of a walkway that goes out to sea. Just off this part of the beach there is a shopping centre with a large supermarket.
It was interesting staying on Europe’s largest desert, and we had interesting trips to other areas including the more developed Corralejo area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

stayed there from 12th may to 26th may 2014 and i cannot find any faults with this place everyone of the staff pool side bar so friendly for a 2star hotel you cannot go wrong ive stayed in others higher and for me great location too already booked up for 2015 as i enjoyed my stay with my wife and son thanks puerto caleta for a great time

Room Tip: i paid £70 extra for poolside room well worth it i will say
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hattenheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We booked our holidays in Caleta de Fuste, hotel Puerto Caleta on last minute for really awesome price. The receptionists were very friendly, very helpful and whenever we had any questions about some bars and restaurants they showed us on a map exactly where it is and how to get there.
The location is pretty awesome, almost directly on the sea side, but to get to the nice sand beach it takes few min. Grocery stores, bars, other stores, all of it is in probably 5 min distance.
The hotel also had a nice pool and there was a bar next to it so people can actually order drinks and lay down and relax. It was almost empty.

The one thing I did not like though was that our apartment looked like someone already tried to break in in the past. There is a wooden door- where one part was missing and glass door that was fine. It still did not make us feel safe about our things so we always took all our documents, passports, expensive things with us everywhere. But you can also pay like 4 Euros a day for safe that was in the apartment.

Also the beds were not really comfortable but we stayed only few nights and had awesome price. But if it was more expensive, I would not rate it so good I guess :D
So if you just want to spend all day travelling around and doing trips and being on the beach and evenings in bars and just use the apartment as a place to change clothes and take a shower and sleep, and save money on accomodation and still be central, it is gonna be a good choice for you.

Room Tip: It would be best to have room upstairs so that you have a balcony. But if it is around the pool, it...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here first week on May 2014. Our room was on first floor, opposite reception. The accommodation is basic but was clean. Generally the accommodation could do with a bit of TLC, as our entrance door was hard to open, and the locks are not good quality, the maid service was regular. We enjoyed our stay, pool area was good except that there is a lack of umbrellas but plenty of beds even for late risers. The Lord Nelson pool bar is very chavvy, i.e British run, and not for us, plus the drinks are more expensive than the much better Tapas bar on the ground floor. This Tapas bar has regular live music, including flamenco guitar, female vocalist, which was always of good quality. Normally finished by about 11 pm, so not too late if you go to bed early. There are also two happy hours during the day, but the drinks are cheap enough as it is.
Ideal location for the whole resort, with most bars and the beach within a five minute stroll.
Restaurants we tried in order of preference were Fado Rock Steak House,La Bodeguita, El Patio, Delicious 365, La Paella & Luna Bar. We did not eat or drink cheaply but most evenings spent around 35 to 50 euros. There are lost of other bars an restaurants, but note that some close for a period, namely 555 which was closed for three weeks whilst we were there. Very good resort as it is all on the flat, would recommend. Also don't forget to visit the wild chipmunks that live on the rocky parts of the beach, they will come up to you and feed from your hand.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Blue Sea Puerto Caleta? Share your experiences!