“Fantastic Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Talisman Apartments

You added Talisman Apartments to your Saves list
Talisman Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   67 Broadbeach Boulevard, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Zealand
“Fantastic Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights in late Feb. As this was our first stay on the Gold Coast I was unsure about where to stay but really wanted across the road from the beach with unobstructed seaviews. Broadbeach offered us everything we wanted for our short stay and the Talisman was a perfect place to stay. It has a fantastic location and is postioned really well so none of the aparmtents are directly looking into other buildings or each other. We stayed on a high floor in a refurbished NW apartment and it was absolutely beautiful. The views were amazing. I originally wanted a NE apartment and was a little hesitant about the NW apartment as they don't show as many photos of them on their website but both my husband and I ended up prefering this view as you got the best of both worlds. Fantastic seaviews during the day which hits you as soon as you walk into the lounge and beautiful sparkly views at night down to surfers, across to the hinterland and from the bedroom seaviews during the day and beautiful sparkly night views down the coast to Coolangatta. We slept with the curtains open as it was so pretty. The pool area is lovely and the staff are very friendly.
The location is absolutely perfect. Just across the road from the beach and a block away from the Oasis Mall area and many fantastic Restaurants. You can also walk to Pacific Fair for shopping easily and we walked to Surfers one day, it took about 30-40 mins on the beach. Nice to do once to check it out but Broadbeach is much nicer and offers everything you could want in a holiday. I highly recommend this place to stay and we will definately be staying here next time we come back to the Gold Coast.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

Talisman was absolutely great right from the start to the end. Had some renovations going on and we were probably lucky to get a recently renovated apartment. The staff are friendly and helpful. The facilities in theyour aptmt are quite good with almost everything in the wish list and in good and working condition. Excellent location too, the beach is just across the road and the bus stop is about a 10 mins walk. Go for it if you dont want to be in Surfers Paradise but prefer a slightly more silent and exclusive den.

• Liked — Apartment overall
  • Disliked — Cleaning only once a week
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Hawkes Bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

I was saddened by the Talisman appartments who showed no empathy to my problem when a booking didn't get paid by a travel firm.
They didn't attempt to contact me until 3 days before I was due to arrive from New Zealand to tell me that my booking was not received and I was not able to stay at their appartments - "an oversite" by them they said. Although previously telling me that the booking had been paid when I contacted them directly 6 weeks earlier.
I was unable to stay unless I paid for the accomodation again. Their stonewall attitude to any concessions for my son and I was sad given the late advisement of our 'non' booking and our financial loss.
If the Talisman had not had "an oversite" I may have been able to address the loss of money. All they said was "haven't you ever made a mistake". I said no if that amount of money was involved!
I would suggest any person booking with the Talisman or any of their associate accomodation firms be very careful to ensure your payment got through to them and you actually have somewhere to stay. Because Talisman won't bother advising you if it hasn't, and your money will be unretrievable.
Regards
Nick Barclay

Stayed November 2008
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed in unit 20 which is a 2 bedroom apartment on the 6th floor of this 20+ floor building. The wraparound balcony allowed us to enjoy uninterrupted views of both the beautiful Broadbeach beachfront and interior. The apartment was clean, kitchen well equipped although the furniture was a bit dated - funnily enough a new flat screenTV was delivered on the day we left. However a TV is the last thing you need with the beach on your doorstep, good restaurants and shops an easy stroll away. plus all the excitement and activity that the Gold Coast has to offer.
The nice thing about the Talisman is that its close to all the action if thats what you want but is far enough away that you can enjoy a quiet holiday.
I loved my morning walks and runs along the beachfront and judging by the number of cyclists this is a popular pasttime as well.
Would I stay here again - YES and more importantly my kids (aged 16 and 13) both agred that they would too.

• Liked — views and proximity to the beach
  • Disliked — inroom internet access
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Caveside, Tas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

After many hours searching the web, and seeking advice from TA, I decided on the Talisman for my family (3 kids) and another family (pressure++). I could not have been happier with the selection. A slightly shabby exterior (currently being repainted though!) was the only sign that this apartment is not new. Our room (42 on level 14) had been beautifully refurbished in very modern style. Views were spectacular, service terrific, pool lovely, location perfect! We didn't want to leave. Excellent spot for those wanting excitement of Gold Coast without the noise and overcrowding of downtown Surfer's Paradise. Loved it, and I'm FUSSY!

• Liked — perfect location opposite beach, beautiful room/pool
  • Disliked — having to leave
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

From the website's pictures & some comments on the Talisman's old style furnishings, I was abit apprehensive of the look of our apartment. I booked the Talisman for 2 nights for my bf's b'day, I'm 20 and he's 22, and because it's a hol and i guess because of our age I'm more partial to the modern apartment look and nice finishings.

Not to worry! I was pleasantly surprised and relieved that it was really comfortable and not behind the times. We were on the 7th floor which I wasn't sure was high enough for views, but they were really great. All our windows had views and the balcony overlooked the beach and the park to the right and down to coolangatta.

The apartment was very clean and spacious. We didn't cook but I loved the kitchen's handy appliances and its window that gave a view of the beach.

We didn't use the sauna but the heated pool and spa was heaps of fun for a late night dip ; ). They do close the pool after 9 in summer and 8 in winter.

No annoying noises, the staff were great and the beach which isn't overcrowded was just over the road. I shopped around on tripadvisor for about a day to pick a place, after the previous reviews and seeing great prices on wotif.com, I called Talisman directly and they matched them.

Things to do - we went to the springbrook natural arch to see the glow-worms at night, putt putt in the day (great value & heaps of fun), and for dinner, Shogun restuarant on boundary rd for tepanyaki.

• Liked — The views, clean and spacious apartment, position
  • Disliked — Wasn't a very big bathroom i.e no spa
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

Our family has just enjoyed a fantastic 6 night stay at the Talisman. We stayed in Unit 60 on the 20th floor which has a Nth West aspect. Sunrise visible from the lounge and sunset through the kitchen window. The lounge has stunning views and looks out over the beach and back towards Surfers Paradise. There is a huge dining table and recliner lounge suite. Foxtel (satellite TV) is available as well as a DVD player. The kitchen has a fantastic view to Surfers and towards the West with awesome sunsets over the hills. The main bedroom has a view back down the beach towards Coolangatta. Our apartment was clean, tidy, spacious, quiet and fairly recently refurbished. All appliances in the kitchen were new and in excellent condition. It was great to have an option of dish washing liquid as well as dishwasher detergent as we preferred not to use the machine (water conservation). Sufficient sachets of tea and coffee were provided but UHT milk pottles rather than fresh. Although there is quite a bit of construction in Broadbeach we never heard any noise. However, the rubbish trucks come around 6am and I was always awake to hear them.

Resort facilities are excellent. The pool is awesome and extremely warm, so warm that we were swimming at 8am every morning. It is about 1.2M at the shallow end and 1.8M at the deep end. There is a spa attached to the pool and a barbeque area nearby. Tennis courts are available for hire and can be used under floodlight. A sauna is available for males and females but we never used them. A security key must be used at all times to gain access to the pool area. The beach is a couple of minutes walk across the road and has a patrolled area. A park is also right across the road with facilities for the little kids. Oasis shopping mall is 5 mins walk away and has a Woolworths supermarket. A smaller foodmarket is located a few blocks North on the Gold Coast highway for after hours grocery necessities.

We had a little bit of a hassle getting in as we arrived at 5pm on a Sunday and could not find a number to call for Reception. We had missed the phone number in the doorway as guests were exiting as we went in. We eventually found it and managed to get into the after hours key safe. Everyone on Reception was very welcoming and chatty - a real family atmosphere. Overall our stay was fantastic and exactly what we had been looking for. We paid AUD$990 for 6 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment which I feel was certainly excellent value for money.

• Liked — Amazing ocean views, excellent facilities
  • Disliked — Lack of after hours signage at Reception
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Talisman Apartments? Share your experiences!