“How impressions can quickly change?” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cha Cha's
4/88 Surf Parade, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia, Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 201 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Robina, Australia
“How impressions can quickly change?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

In the past, I enjoyed my time at Cha Cha's. Great delicious meals at a affordable price and the fact it was BYO, could explain why my opinion changed quickly.

My encounter with Cha Cha's with friends was different. It took a while for staff to organise a table for all of us, and you had to wave for an attendant's attention otherwise you'll be forgotten in the busy vibe of it all

I ordered a Salmon dish with rice and salad. I found that while the dish had some great colours, after a few bites, I was over the taste. Other people sitting around the table had a meals that were pale and oily. Meals were served inconsistently. One came out within 5 minutes after ordering and we waited 30 minutes for the others to arrive.

If i took more advantage of the BYO on the night, then I would've gladly given them perfect score.

Visited March 2014

Mermaid Beach, Australia
“Absolutely awful :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The food was not fresh ... the salmon had been reheated, the rice was cold and the tomato on the salad was like mush!!! I could not recommend Cha Cha's.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Can you combine same restaurant reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Have just been reading some of the Broadbeach restaurant reviews and see that this restaurant is under three names:
Cha Cha's (No. 61)
Cha Cha Japanese (No. 72)
cha cha (No. 86)
I would think that Cha Cha Japanese would be the most appropriate name.
It is one of my favourite restaurants and think it would do the owners more justice if it was listed as one restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Canada
“Better Japanese restaurants in the Gold Coast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

They forgot my dish - everyone else at my table of over 10 people were eating except me. When the food arrived, it was bland and basically a huge plate of boring vegetables. Being a vegetarian, there isn't much on the menu to accommodate my diet. I wouldn't go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Broadbeach, Australia
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was our first time to this restaurant, introduced by friends who had indicated that this was their favourite restaurant in Broadbeach. Since it is a BYO establishment, we found a liquor store within walking distance. We ordered several dishes, shared by all.
The tofu in the sweet chill sauce was our favourite dish, followed by the chicken/rice dish (although the rice was overcooked). The tempura was good, as was the fried calamari.
The total food bill for four was $85, which is quite amazing, when compared with many other establishments in Broadbeach overcharging for relatively poor quality food.
We were introduced to Jack, the owner, who evidently, has never increased prices for over 10 years. This may account for the heavy traffic and popularity.
We recommend to include this on your list of restaurants.

• Visited January 2014