We stayed at the Ultra during the July school holidays with our three children aged 16, 13, and 11yrs. We were in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 6th floor and had great views out to the sea. As advertised on the web site, the apartment had large lounge area, separate kitchen, and 3 bedrooms. We had 2 designated parking spots in the basement car park. Master bedroom had an ensuite bathroom that was great, but had shutters between the bathroom and bedroom so not at all soundproof, just worth remembering sometimes! The other 2 bedrooms were at the other end of the apartment with their own bathroom - quite small bathroom but certainly adequate. The apartment is certainly designed for summer living and one comment is that it would have been useful to have had heated towel rails to dry our towels in the winter as there was really no where to hang our towels to dry. A couple of extra blankets would also have been useful.
The kitchen was reasonably equipped for cooking but had limited number of casseroles and pots - we managed by planning our meals around the pots etc that were available - it would have been useful to have a few extra containers. If you're not planning to cook much on your holiday of course that won't be a bother.
The Ultra is in a great location - easy walking distance to Oasis shopping centre and restaurants (5-6 mins), and Pacific Fair shopping centre (maybe 10 mins, and crossing some big roads - 2 mins by car depending on how you get the lights). The beach is two blocks away and again an easy walk .
We found the apartment and facilities to be great - theaterette that could be booked for private use, pool, gym etc. Theatrette was great on a rainy afternoon - really big screen, huge seats, just bring your own dvd. Outdoor pool is heated and not the biggest, but hey, there's a beach 5 minutes walk away. Nicely done with spa and kids pool too. The reception staff were very helpful and informative. Information about local sights was in the foyer area by the lifts and also at the Oasis shopping centre there was a tourist desk.
We were very happy with our stay at the Ultra and would definitely stay again. We would have no hesitation in recommending it to other families for a good location at Broadbeach. Overall, exactly as advertised. Also nice to have no charges for extras like the theatrette and broadband usage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Ultra Broadbeach located at Broadbeach overlooking one of Gold Coast's most beautiful parks, beaches and just a short stroll to the Gold Coast's most contemporary cafe & restaurant precincts. Stylish landscaping and water features surround the resort, and resort facilities include outdoor heated pool and spa with wading area, fitness room, theatrette, tennis court, BBQ facilities and Zen meditation garden. The sophisticated and spacious fully self contained apartments all boast shuttered east facing live-on balconies leading off the open plan living, dining and kitchen area. Tastefully furnished and finished with quality European appliances, these superior apartments are ideal for couples, families or the astute business traveler. Whether you choose a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom apartment you are guaranteed superior service and comfort. All apartments include free wireless internet access, air conditioning, full kitchen and laundry facilities and cable TV. Our location in central Broadbeach is only a short stroll to the CBD and alfresco dining of the Broadbeach area, also located within easy walking distance is the giant Pacific Fair Shopping centre, patrolled surf beach, Jupiters Casino and the Gold Coast Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ultra Broadbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ultra Broadbeach Hotel Broadbeach
- Ultra Broadbeach Gold Coast