“Wont be returning” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BreakFree Diamond Beach

Save Saved
You added BreakFree Diamond Beach to your Saves list
BreakFree Diamond Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   10-16 Alexandra Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Diamond Beach Resort )   |
Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in Broadbeach
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Wont be returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having arrived late afternoon we were given a key and a map, and told to park in basement below the apartment. Although everything was paid for I was still required to give a $200 bond and told it would be returned when we left, except when we left I was told it would be 5 working days. On unloading the car I found there was no lift and had to carry the cases up 4 flights of stairs. The door took a bit of unlocking but once inside I found all the fans going, this was because the whole place stunk of a very musty smell. The bed did have clean linen to their credit and the rest of the apartment was tidy. We were told they had wi-fi, but after walking around everywhere inside and out with the laptop there was no reception, I rang reception and was told we will reset the routers and I will ring you back, surprise surprise never heard from them again.We definitely wont be back..

Room Tip: Make sure if they are multi story they have a lift
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RebeccaNoyes, General Manager at BreakFree Diamond Beach, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Allen O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay at BreakFree Diamond Beacht. I was disappointed to read of your concerns with your accommodation and sincerely apologise that your holiday was not as you had hoped it would be.

I was most concerned to hear of your feedback regarding a musty smell in the apartment. I am happy to read however that this soon dissipated and that you found the apartment to be clean and tidy.

I apologise for any misunderstanding regarding the security deposit provided on arrival. This has unfortunately become a standard requirement for a majority of accommodation providers throughout Australia. Although we understand that this can be an unwanted added expense we can confirm that should this be completed via a credit card most bank providers will have this freeze on the card return back as available funds within 5-7 working days. Should this be a concern, the security deposit can be paid via cash and refunded on final checkout of the resort.

Wifi is setup for use throughout the resort. Unfortunately being on a wifi network weather does factor into the use of this at times. It was disappointing to read that the resetting of the routers did not reset the network for you and apologise that no follow up was provided by our staff.

I thank again for providing your feedback and sharing your review.

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Vuc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Pools are fantastic. First 2 bedroom apartment we were given was disgusting. Dead and alive cockroaches. Fridge door didn't stay shut. Cane couch was filthy, carpets were musty and moldy smelling. Bedroom furniture was hideous. Rooms were dark and outdated. We requested a room change after I refused to let my kids sleep there ...and got a refurbished room. This room was comfortable and fresher. More modern furniture, cleaner lounge and better bedrooms. Problems were that the kept coming off in the shower, the split system didn't work and the bathrooms were average. Generally comfortable though and 100% better than the first room we were given. Upset we were given that first apt - I feared for our health. I washed all our blankets as they didn't smell fresh.The kids love the pools and lagoon - they are the best part of this resort. Won't be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
Dear Bernadette D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your stay with us at BreakFree Diamond Beach.

I was shocked to read your review and concerned regarding your comments of the first apartment you were allocated to. This is certainly not the standard we wish to provide and I sincerely apologise that your holiday did not get off to a good start. It is reassuring to read that staff were able to provide you with another apartment which was more comfortable for your family. I am thankful that you were able to come and let us know of your concerns and we appreciate being given the opportunity to rectify these to ensure the remainder of your holiday with us was an enjoyable one.

I thank you for the kind comments regarding the pools and I pleased to read these were enjoyed by your family.

I am disappointed to read that you will not be returning but thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Byron Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom refurbished apartment for 3 nights. The apartment was spacious and had 2 good size balconies, both with tables and chairs. The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of crockery, cutlery and everything else we needed in the kitchen. There were a couple of very minor issues, like a tiny leak in toilet so cistern randomly made a noise refilling, but hardly noticeable. The front door lock was worn and tricky opening with key. However, they sent a locksmith next day and problem solved. Is an ideal place if you have children. Great pools and play area. The beach and parks are only 100 meters away. Took us 12 minutes to walk to centre of Broadbeach to shops and restaurants. For the price, we were really happy and comfortable. Apartment was clean and would stay here again. Definitely request a refurbished room when booking.

Dear AussiesOS,

Thank you for your great review! It is wonderful to receive an informative review from a well experienced traveller as yourself.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your apartment. We are fortunate to have had many units refurbished over the past year with many more currently being completed. The units are looking stunning and we are so excited to showcase these for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in a 3bdrm apartment for 9 days (4 adults plus 12 yr old & 9 yr old). The first apartment I had to complain about due to water pressure being appalling throughout the apartment, no working kitchen light and many missing utensils / cutlery. I cannot fault the service at reception - friendly, apologetic and everything fixed within a day. The room itself was very dated and tired, however it was functional. We were offered to move to another room, which was a 2 storeyed 3bdrm apt. The layout was much better - however the irony given my previous complaint, the downstairs shower would flood, to the point it couldn't be used (reception advised they were aware and the whole bathroom had to be retiled). Also not one ranchslider shut properly out of 4 sets. A big bonus though - outdoor areas are great and the kids loved pools! If you can get past the aesthetics great, personally I was very disappointed and wouldn't book again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Kimmylouise73,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your holiday at BreakFree Diamond Beach Resort.

I was disappointed to read of your concerns with both of your apartments. Although it is reassuring to hear that our friendly staff were able to rectify your concerns promptly for you it is disappointing that similar concerns were encountered in two apartments. I can provide full assurance that a plumber was engaged to repair both bathrooms on your departure and do apologise again that this was not picked up and actioned prior to your arrival.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the grounds of the resort and the pools. I am so pleased that these were well enjoyed by your children.

Thank you for your feedback and I apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We just recently stayed at breakfree diamond beach for 7 nights. We are a family of 5. We stayed in one of there 3 bedroom aparments and have nothing but great reviews for this room and complex. The room was clean, spacious and very well presented. Our 3 young children loved the pools, spas, BBQ area and play area. Overall I would recommend this complex to a family wanting a reasonable priced holiday to the gold coast. The staff are friendly and helpful and the complex suited our family. After reading other people's comments i was abit taken back, because our family had a great time at this property. All I can say is are people getting to fussy and you don't go to the gold coast to sit in your room.

Room Tip: The 3 bedrrom apartment on the ground level near pool
Dear Craig S

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted to read that your family had a fantastic holiday staying with us.

Many of our guests comment on the expansive layout of our units and how these cater perfectly for families. I am so pleased that the allocation and layout of your apartment suited your family needs well.

I must admit we too are disappointed regarding some of the reviews received for the resort and don’t believe this paints a true picture of the accommodation provided at Diamond Beach. Although I maybe a little biased, I truly believe that we offer affordable, well appointed spacious rooms with outstanding and unique facilities all within the central Broadbeach area.

Thank you again for sharing your review and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had stayed here before and were very excited about coming back. Unfortunately our experience was ruined by having money ($450) stolen from our locked room while we slept. As soon as we realized it was missing we reported it to reception and we were told the general manager would ring us shortly. Over 24hrs later after a sleepless night and still no contact we decided to move elsewhere as we clearly weren't going to enjoy the rest of our stay. We were not expecting our money back, maybe just some contact from the manager and the option of moving to another room. After visiting reception again and speaking with the very helpful man there, we were given the option of moving to either another room or another Breakfree nearby at no extra expense to us - which we took. As I work in hospitality management myself I was very disappointed with the way this was dealt with until we spoke with the man in reception on the second day. If choosing to stay here I would highly recommend using the safe in your room - even at night while you are sleeping!

Dear At38,

This was certainly a very disappointing review to receive and we were saddened and concerned to hear of a theft during your stay. It is unfortunate that thieves strike at anytime let alone when you are on holidays and for this we do offer our utmost apologies. Security is a very important to us at Diamond Beach and we strive for our families to feel secure, safe and comfortable whilst staying with us. We are one of the only accommodation providers in the area to have security based onsite each night patrolling our resort. With security swipe access required for access into the resort and safes installed in each of our rooms we proactively try to ensure that instances such as these are very rare occurrences.

I sincerely apologise that you felt dissatisfaction in the support provided and wish to offer my personal apology for this. I was advised that you had requested not to be contacted that day as you were heading out with your family and although calls were placed to the unit in the evening I was unable to reach you. I am reassured that my staff were able to speak with you the following morning and provide assistance.

We apologise again for this unfortunate incident.

Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed in unit 167. Our 2 bedroom unit strongly smelt of dog or similar. The furnishings were well past their use by date. You couldn't sit on the sofa as it was totally stuffed. The lounge ceiling fan was unbalanced & noisy. No working extractor fan in an enclosed bathroom. Decor & general condition were poor. The kitchen accessories were lacking eg: 2 teaspoons in a 2 bedroom family apartment? The carpets and furnishings were dirty.
All the exterior sliding doors had buggered bottom track rollers & were almost impossible for my wife to operate
We had very little to zero interaction with staff and all our dealings seemed to be by written corrospondence
The location however is second to none and this resort also had great exterior family appeal wlth the pools & outdoor living spaces
Having said this we have stayed at various other gold coast establishments at braodbeach & have found them all far superior.
There is a lot of available accomadation in this area & we think that although these units are owned by investors / individuals - the managemnet need to impress on their clients the need to keep their units up to scratch to maintain good occupancy rates

Room Tip: Ask to see your unit on arrival. Don't settle for 2nd rate
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jon K,

Thank you for sharing your review on our holiday at Diamond Beach.

I appreciate you allowing me to correspond with you directly after your stay and provide some reassurance to you. I was so very disappointed to not have had the opportunity to rectify any of your concerns whilst you were staying with us, hearing of your concerns after your departure was very disappointing as we do not want any guest leaving us after having a disappointing stay.

167 is a lovely apartment and the owner is very conscious to ensure it is well presented for holiday guests. The unit is set to have further refurbishment works completed and we are very excited to see the results.

Thank you again for communicating with me directly and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Diamond Beach and restore your faith in our resort.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca Noyes

Been to BreakFree Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!