“great family getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BreakFree Diamond Beach

You added BreakFree Diamond Beach to your Saves list
BreakFree Diamond Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   10-16 Alexandra Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Diamond Beach Resort )   |
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Broadbeach
Murray Bridge, Australia
“great family getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We spent 4 fantastic nights at Diamond Beach. From the first moment we had absolutely nothing to complain about. We arrived late and the friendly security guard gave us our keys and directions to our apartment, which was as requested a ground floor unit.

Ample parking was available. Our unit was well equipped for what we needed. Kids loved the pool area (and so did we) and it was a task to drag them out of the water to go to the theme parks. BBQ area was great even though we only made use of it once. Easy walking distance to a patrolled beach. Pacific fair was in walking distance, although we were lazy and only drove there. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful on the occasions that we dealt with them.

I think the only downside to our apartment was that it was very bright in our bedrooms as there were lights directly outside the windows and the curtains were not block out. However I think excitement was the main reason for our 6 year old's early rising rather than just the light.

We're already discussing the logistics of "next time" when we make sure we stay for longer so we can have a day or two to just relax and laze by the pool

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
BreakFreeSavannah_07, General Manager at BreakFree Diamond Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear ali_fritz,

I am so pleased to read that you had a fantastic four night break at our resort and do appreciate you taking the time to share your review on your recent stay.

I am happy to read that you were able to check in after hours with ease and that you’re booking requests were able to be accommodated.

It is always great to hear that the facilities have been well enjoyed and certainly a great compliment that your children found it hard to leave the pool area to visit local theme parks.

We are so happy that you are already looking into your next holiday with us and trying to make if for a little longer. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Rebecca Noyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bunbury, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I wasn't expecting 5 star after reading the reviews post-arrival... so my expectations were pretty low and therefore I wasn't hugely disappointed.
Positives:
The pool area is fantastic! There's a huge BBQ area with all the cleaning equipment supplied. A surplus of pools to choose from. A great little kids pool. 2 spas - one heated. A little playground (though watch your children on there when it's wet - my 2 year-old had a fall and knocked his tooth).
The location is great - it's close enough to central Broadbeach to walk to but far enough away that it's super quiet. It's a stone's throw from Pacific Fair and the Coles there is open until 10pm. Plus there is a great kids park less than 5 minutes walk away.
Helpful staff - we got there well before 2pm check-in but they let us into our room early. We had checked the week before if this would be possible and though they couldn't make promises they assured us we could still use their facilities until the room was available.
Comfy enough beds and clean linen.
Free parking facilities.
Negatives:
The room we were in was up 3 flights of steps (no lift) and not particularly close to the pool area... not fun with 3 small children.
Our room wasn't air-conditioned... horrific!!!
Our room didn't have flyscreens and because we had no air-con we slept with the doors and windows open... resulting in 3 small children absolutely covered in mozzie bites.
The rooms are super dated - clean enough but looking very tired.
Wi-Fi access costs money. $13ish for 2 hours!!!
Overall it was a pleasant stay. I would possibly stay there again purely for the pool area but I would request all the things that have been mentioned before - a ground floor unit with airconditioning that has been recently refurbished!!!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BreakFreeSavannah_07, General Manager at BreakFree Diamond Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Mcclunes,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your holiday at BreakFree Diamond Beach Resort.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the pool area. I am happy to read that this area was well used by your family. I am sorry to hear that your son had fallen while playing on the playground and I do hope that his tooth is ok. The property is certainly centrally located with everything you may need within walking distance. We are fortunate to have three children’s playgrounds all within walking distance with a brand new all facilities park now open near the Kurrawa Surf Club that is very popular with our guests.

I am happy to hear that you found the staff to be helpful and that they were able to assist you in settling into your room prior to the normal check in time of 2pm.

The resort is set up on 6.5 acres and is a low rise resort with units located from ground floor up to the third floor. Because of this we do not have lifts and I apologise and do appreciate with three small children that this would have been a concern. I have taken on board your comments regarding your room allocation and will ensure that your feedback is shared with the owner. The property is currently in the process of having the units refurbished. These upgrades are making a notable difference and we are very excited about the improvements these are making for our resort.

Once again I do thank you for taking the time to post your review and am happy to hear that you would come back and stay with us again. I look forward to restoring your faith in our beautiful resort on your next holiday to the Gold Coast.

rotorua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I had read many reviews prior to arrival...so was very nervous about staying there...we requested a 3 bdrm apartment 4 adults 2 kids...We also requested ground floor,air con and a refurbished room...we got ground floor unit 43 no air con..definetly not refurbished..Very tired and in need of a good spruce up..curtains mouldy...bed linen old and tired...and dealt with large cockroaches everyday...Reception were lovely very helpful ...although after 2 days i did request a better room...but did not hear back.
The kitchen appliances were great...bathrooms Yuk! Pool area and BBqs fabulous...and very well maintained and clean outside..
Shame some of the owners dont want to stump up and upgrade the rooms and make it the fabulous family resort experience it could be..
Great location..
But next time i would pay the extra and stay at turtle beach..have stayed there before and the rooms were great and dint have to deal with daily cockroaches.
Washing machine and dryer facilites and garage were great also at Diamond Beach

Room Tip: Get a room number from previous reviews and ask for it by number...insist on a good room right from...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BreakFreeSavannah_07, General Manager at BreakFree Diamond Beach, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear Debzrotorua,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent holiday at BreakFree Diamond Beach Resort.

I am happy to read that you found the staff to be most engaging and supportive and that you enjoyed the facilities of the resort.

I apologise foremost for the cleaning concerns encountered during your stay. I can assure that this is not our normal standard and your feedback has been provided to our Executive Housekeeping Manager to action immediately.

I am disappointed to read of your concerns regarding your accommodation here at Diamond Beach. We are currently working with a number of our unit owners on refurbishment and will share your constructive feedback with the owner of your allocated apartment.

Our lush tropical gardens and subtropical climate to encourage a number of bug life. I can confirm that the resort is up to date with the pest control of the apartments and common areas to minimize their effect as best possible.

I encourage you to please contact me personally regarding your concerns outlined in your review to Rebecca.noyes@breakfree.com.au We do appreciate all feedback and consistently strive to enhance our accommodation and facilities to provide quality and enjoyable holiday experiences for our guests.

Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Just returned from 6 nights at Diamond Beach with 4 adults and 5 grown up kids. Loved the pool area and the grounds. Booked a 3 bed and a 2 bed apartment and requested the 2 bed be a recently refurbished. Not too much to ask for? Very dissapointed with the room. The lounge had new furniture, the kitchen new joinery but the bedrooms and bathrooms looked original. Very dated and in need of a really good clean. Yuk! Drapes falling off rails and old tired bedding. No way would we return......

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tracey C,

Thank you for your feedback outlining your recent stay with us at BreakFree Diamond Beach.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the grounds and facilities of the resort and were able to make good use of these during your stay.

I apologise that your requests were unable to be met for a fully refurbished apartment. I can confirm that due to high occupancy over the dates of your stay we were unable to offer this guaranteed. From reading your review I do note that your allocated apartment did have some refurbishment completed with the bathrooms and bedrooms still to be completed.

I am sorry that your stay was met with disappointment, we do aim to provide an enjoyable stay in clean and well presented units and I do apologise that we failed to get this right for your recent stay with us.

I do thank you again for sharing your review.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had a lot of issues with the resort but overall it was an ok place to stay.

Firstly we requested a first floor 3 bed apartment refurbished and air con and was told that if we called the day before that it would improve our chance of getting our requests met so we did and we never recieved any of our requests!The key would not unlock the door so they had to send someone to open it up then the sliding door fell off and fans did not work properly. TV also did not work properly and paintings etc were down like they were started refurbishment.

After 2 days they and us complaining about things falling apart etc they moved us into a refurbished apartment which we had to move the 6 of us (4 kids) and all our stuff to the new room dragging our cases back down 3 flights of stairs to then be on the 3rd floor again and drag them all back up. No help was offered!

The second apartment was better but even though it was refurbished still was not finished well. The refurbishment was obviously done very cheaply with painting, new improved furniture and air conditioning the only improvements.

For what you pay I would happily book again but only if we were in a newly refurbished apartment. I could put up with crappy tiles etc for the cheaper price and the kids loved the pool area. Staff were nice, just the whole booking system did not work well. No requests were met.

Room Tip: Only book if you can get a refurbished apartment/room.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear KristyLS,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at BreakFree Diamond Beach Resort.

I am happy to read that you were able to get a great deal for your recent stay with us and that you found the facilities and staff to be most favourable.

I do apologise that your first allocated apartment was certainly not to standard and that you needed to change apartments during your stay. I can advise that this is not normally a standard practise and do agree that moving a family and luggage in the middle of a holiday is not desirable. I do hope that in light of concerns raised that you were able to enjoy the rest of your holiday on the Gold Coast.

I am pleased to read that you would come back and stay with us again. I do hope that on your next stay with us that we not only meet your expectations but exceed them.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have just returned from 10 nights at Diamond Beach. I had requested a ground floor, re furnished unit as we have small children, however the room we were given was an elevated ground floor with stairs off the balcony to the paths below and the unit was very old and the kitchen rather gross. We definitely weren't happy with this room, I spoke to reservations who were more than happy to move us to a new room, we ended up with a unit right by the side of the lagoon pool, which had a fully enclosed courtyard and was perfect for the kids. The unit was still in need of a refurb but was more comfortable and felt cleaner than the other unit. The pools are fantastic for kids of all ages and the BBQ facilities were very clean and central to the units. The whole complex has a very good family feel and the staff were all very helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BreakFreeSavannah_07, General Manager at BreakFree Diamond Beach, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear A F,

Thank you for your review on your recent holiday at BreakFree Diamond Beach Resort.

I am happy to read that although your original room allocation did not suite your family needs that the staff were able to quickly resolve this for you. I can confirm that we do all possible to accommodate requests however there are times due to high occupancy that we are unable to provide this guaranteed.

I must agree, together with our large and spacious rooms and exceptional facilities the resort is perfectly suited for families. Our heated children’s novelty pool and playground certainly get well used and we are fortunate to have our barbeques set up in the central lagoon areas so that families can sit and enjoy their meals close by the pools. I am happy to read that you were able to enjoy these facilities while staying with us.

We do value your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights (28/01-04/02/2012) in a 2bdrm apartment with 2 young kids (ages 4 & 5). After a very early flight, we arrived exhausted at reception around 10am. Reception staff were very friendly & helpful at check in (esp Teigan), however, we had to roam around the mall till 2pm before the room was ready (What a nightmare with 2 tired kids & heavy rain!).

Was so looking forward to bed! Unfortunately, upon entering our apartment, we were very disappointed at the state of the apartment. After reading some reviews, we had emailed requesting for a refurbished apartment, however, the apartment (#83) allocated to us was definitely not. Carpets were stained, worn out and sticky. Bathrooms/showers old, and the beds badly stained. We thought we'll cope, until at night, when we closed the blinds & curtains. These were broken in the bedrooms and badly coated with dust & mold. The whole apartment became pretty dusty and the musky smell was awful. After speaking to Matthew at reception, he was very helpful and offered us another apartment, however, our kids had knocked out and we were all really tired after a 5am flight, so we chose to move the next morning. After a night of sneezing (both myself & the kids),we moved to apartment (102). This apartment was just slightly better, as had same worn out bathrooms, curtains & carpets. We had to vacuum the place twice ourselves to get rid of some dust. The kids & I get hay fever, so the dust just aggravates it more. Not sure if it was dust mites or fleas, but kids kept getting bitten in the apartment, and new bites appear every morning even thought we count the bites & check for mosquitoes every night.

On a positive note, the location is great, so handy to malls and beach. The staff (esp. Teigan, Matthew & Barry) were awesome and very friendly & helpful. Housekeeping could be better, but if the apartments are individually owned, then not much they can do about it if the furnishings & carpets are not updated. The gardens, BBQ & pool areas are beautifully maintained and immaculate! Well done to Barry and the other maintenance gentleman (didn't get to speak to him, but always gave a smile & wave). The kids pool/playground is beautiful and the kids loved it!

Overall, would love to come back next year and give this place another go. Have read other responses from management that the apartments are being refurbished, so hopefully fingers crossed we get what we want then ;-)

Room Tip: We had requested for a refurbished apartment with air con prior and upon arrival. Got air con but d...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Family04_2012,

Thank you for posting your review on your stay at BreakFree Diamond Beach Resort.

We do really appreciate your postive comments regarding the quality of customer service you have received and the team members that provided this.

We sincerely apologise that you were disappointed with the standard of your apartments here at Diamond Beach. We are working in partnership with our Owners to currently refurbish the units to both modernise and freshen our apartments. We have a good number of these units recently completed and the outcomes are truly stunning. In saying this, there is no excuse for poor cleaning. We have worked very hard with our cleaning department appointing an Executive Housekeeping Manager to improve the standards of our cleaning and ensure that although some of our apartments maybe a little dated that our units are exceptionally clean. Your valuable feedback has been passed onto this department to ensure our high standards are maintained at all times

I am heartened to read that in light of your concerns with the apartment you would still return back to the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back and restoring your faith in our beautiful resort here at BreakFree Diamond Beach.

Rebecca Noyes

Been to BreakFree Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!