“Club room stay was fantastic - by a horrible club check in lady” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast

You added Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast to your Saves list
Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Gold Coast Highway & TE Peters Drive, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218, Australia   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Broadbeach
Brisbane, Australia
“Club room stay was fantastic - by a horrible club check in lady”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have to stay we stayed here on a voucher deal, and it was brilliant, the club was good, they made a great effort with the kids (our own special spot just outside the club, the drinks very a bit disappointing - not the class of wines you would expect from a club, the view was great but the breakfast was also very basic. Our room was comfortable and clean, the housekeeping were great if we asked for something and the restaurants in the hotel are fantastic. over all a great stay - that is except for the lady who checks you in on the 18th floor - she was so horrible, rude and arrogant - we were told she is the head lady for that area - so very disappointing. All the other girls on the desk were great but this one was horrid. it was a topic of conversation among the guest each day regarding her behavior to us - glad we weren't alone. Would definitely recommend you book a club room if you are staying at this hotel. One more thing, the pool had so much scum and was so cloudy that we couldn't swim in it the three days we were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jupiters, Manager at Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Lisa M

Thank you for visiting Jupiters and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was disheartened to read that your stay was spoiled by a few specific areas and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience. Whilst it is disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we believe it is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence. I have forwarded your comments through to the respective Managers for review consideration, thank you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Sales Manager - Leisure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Campbelltown NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

INTRODUCTION
My review will cover my stay at Jupiter's Casino and some of the issues we had getting there. My apologies for the ranting as it was a good holiday overall.

MAKING THE BOOKINGS
We found a great deal that included the flights and accommodation on the Gold Coast of Queensland Australia. We were flying from Sydney and looking forward to a rare trip away. I booked online after checking out Tripadvisor.com.au. I saw that Jupiter's Casino rated only 10th out of 22 local hotels (which isn't great but we are used to getting rooms without a view). The website said 'one free night' which I assumed if I booked three nights I would get the forth night free. Upon booking I only had the option to enter a 'start date'. After finalising the deal I saw the booking was for only three nights. I attempted to contact the travel agent on the paperwork (Discover Australia based in Western Australia). It was Sunday night and the recording said 'office hours are between 7 am and 5:30 pm Monday to Friday Western Australia time). They are
three hours behind Sydney so I waited until 10 am to call them. I kept getting the same message for another 30 minutes saying office hours are from 7 am (even though that time had passed). When I finally got through the woman said 'no', the one free night meant I was getting three nights for the price of two. I was not happy at this misleading website. Also being a cheap deal, my flights were at very inconvenient times. The flight out was at 5 pm (so that day is over) and flying back gave us a 7 am flight which meant we had to get up at 4 am to be at the airport 'check in' on time.

CAR HIRE
I decided to hire a car so I jumped back onto the same website and booked a car for the two full days we would be up there. After further recalculations I tried to change the car hire to cover us picking up from the airport and dropping off at the airport. I had the usual trouble contacting Discover Australia the next morning and eventually they changed my car hire booking to include the additional hours (at no extra cost).

ARRIVAL AT THE GOLD COAST
We arrived at the Gold Coast airport at 6:15 pm and I went to pick up our hire car. I was told that my car was booked for pick up at Brisbane Airport. I asked how far is that? the reply was 80 kilometers away!!! I said that was ridiculous and the Europcar people were helpful in finding me a car from the Gold Coast airport. I can only imagine I stuffed up when I made the booking but I have never flown to Brisbane/Gold Coast area before. I was angry that the Discover Australia travel agent hadn't picked up on this error. Europcar couldn't find any evidence of the change in my booking to cover pick up from the airport so I had to pay for two additional days as 6 pm pickup and 7 am drop off count as two FULL days additional usage (not happy).

TRAVEL TO JUPITER'S CASINO
Driving the 18 kilometers from the Gold Coast to Broadbeach took forever. The gold coast highway has traffic lights at every block and it took about 30 minutes to travel that short distance. The casino was built in 1985 and the age shows. There are many new hotels on the beachfront and the casino is a long walk from the beach (Kurrawa Beach, also known as Broadbeach). There is a monorail that travels to the beach for only $3 a trip. The monorail station is at the doorway to the casino and travels to the broadbeach shopping centre.

JUPITER'S CASINO CARPARK
As we were driving we found the large Casino carpark was on three levels. As stated in other reviews you have to park with the regular casino visitors. As we were driving a lot we often found we had to park in the farthest corners of the carpark. The maximum time to walk would be only five minutes but doing that with your bags is a pain. I was wondered what the casino guests would do if the carpark was full? The carpark does have 'red and green' lights to indicate if there was a vacant parking spot. This was very effective even though a green light sometimes meant a car moved into that spot a minute earlier (and not really vacant).

JUPITER'S CASINO ENTERTAINMENT
We decided to see the TAP DOGS show. I didn't think I would like to see six guys in work boots tap dancing. It slowly turned into a frenzy of dancing and throwing basketballs. The show went for ninety minutes and proved to be very entertaining. The casino has the usual mass of poker machines and poker tables. I am not a gambler so we walked around a few times amazed at how much people had in front of them.

JUPITER'S CASINO FOOD
There are many places to eat at the casino.
Entwine is a up market restaurant and I hardly saw anyone in there.
Bites is the casino bistro. The food was the cheapest with $10 pizza and asian soups and looked over the river.
Zen is the Chinese restaurant. The food was good but pricey at $30 a main meal (but large servings).
Food Fantasy was a buffet style eatery costing $30 to enter. We didn't try it.
Vivo was a Italian restaurant. Food was yummy and I have never seen $3,000 bottles of wine in the menu before.
Spinners is in the most central part of the casino. It was good value and we had breakfast and dinner there. It was always crowded.

JUPITER'S CASINO ACCOMMODATION
The rooms were very clean. We could see the ocean in between high rise buildings along the beachfront. Showers meant standing in the bathtub on one of those old rubber mats with suction cups on the bottom. Room maintenance was good. The blackout curtains had some tiny pinholes letting in the sunlight but that was very minor. The large panel TV had foxtel for many ethnic and sports channels. The outside pool is heated and large. There are two small outdoor spas nestled amongst the bushes (secluded). We didn't get to try the large gym, games or massage rooms. The large Pacific Fair shopping mall is next door to Jupiter's Casino and Surfers Paradise is only a ten minute drive away. There is another close shopping mall called Australia Fair.

JUPITER'S CASINO NOISE
Upon 'check in' I particularly asked the desk if I would be able to hear the music from the 'nightclub' (as I had read in Tripadvisor reviews). The supervisor came over and said I was on the northern side of the casino and it was quieter. We were placed on floor 12 and I could see the canopy covering the casino just outside our window. We arrived on a Wednesday night and it was peaceful. Thursday night we could hear music beating until midnight (we are not night owls and go to bed earlier). I was a bit annoyed as our room was just above the casino and there are many more higher floors that would have got us away from the bassy music noise. Friday night we had to prepare for our 7 am flight the next morning. The music from the Atrium Bar below went to 2:45 am and you could hear the crowd cheering to the disc jockey. I know the casino is a entertainment venue and noise is to be expected BUT I did ask about the noise at 'check in' and I would have paid extra to upgrade to a quiet room. If you stay up late then the hotel will suit you. I won't be staying there again because we weren't offered a upgrade to a quieter room. I would have gladly paid more to not have our holiday accommodation spoilt.

CONCLUSION
The casino has been refurbished and even though the building looks a little aged it is spotless inside. If you like to party until all hours then this is the place for you. If you are older couples that want somewhere cheap to stay you should ensure you get a room on the highest floors.

Room Tip: The twelfth floor is just above the casino and very noisy. You will hear music and crowds yelling fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jupiters, Manager at Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear ray_yuen

Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed on the executive floor which came with a lounge. The lounge was so-so with typically hostile Australian service, but was still a nice touch. Overall this is a good 4 star hotel which needs a bit of renovation and staff training.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Greg H

Thank you for visiting Jupiters Hotel & Casino and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to hear your feedback on your experience with the service in the Executive Floor Lounge and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience. I have forwarded your comments through to the respective Manager for review with the team, thank you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel during the Australia Day weekend. That was the weekend that was howling with wind and rain. We were to check in at 2pm or after as per the hotel's guidelines. (Everyone that has travelled in their life would know this ) and we travel for work and leisure almost every month of the year :) Anyway, We drove from Brisbane and went down to a shopping centre in the gold coast and stayed there till 4pm, thinking we have given enough time for the hotel to get their housekeeping done.

Parking in the hotel is easy. not sure if it was a sat or a long weekend but parking was free on that night. Otherwise, if you are a member (free to join) you will get free parking anyway.

Upon reaching the reception, we were greeted by a very happy staff. He was cheerful and very professional and even though we were peeved off that at 4.30pm we still couldnt check in, we understood it wasnt his fault. It would have been better if there was some form of compensation while we wait like having a free drink in the bar, even if it is non alcoholic or some afternoon tea. etc. Instead, we juts had to wait with our luggage in the reception while they try and get our room ready and informed us through an sms.

The room is spacious, clean and we had a room that over looked a park. It was directly above the pub and eventhough we were on a high floor , we could still hear the music till we drifted off to sleep after midnight.

This place is a good place to stay for the entertainment and the rooms are clean and spacious. Lots of places to eat as well. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices except the queue to get in could be about 30 min or so if you are up late.

The hotel asked me directly for a review which I did, and the manager made a comment that said while the check in time is 2pm, they will try and get the rooms ready by that time but the Odd room which may take longer. Ummm.... will it be your room or mine the next time that is the odd room at 4.30 when you still cant check in.... Like I said. I didnt mind if there was some form of way to make us more comfortable than waiting around with our luggages in the foyer, when we were tired and just wanted to get to our room and get dried up (it was raining that WHOLE weekend) , have something to eat before we head off to a show.

Anyway, here is the email that the hotel sent me after I sent my review:

Dear *****

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to Jupiters. I would like to thank you for sharing some of the positive aspects of your visit and also the areas we need to improve upon.

I was disheartened to hear that our usually high standards have not been met and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience with us. Whilst it is disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we believe it is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence. I have forwarded your comments through to the respective Managers for review and consideration, thank you.

Our rooms are allocated on the day of arrival. Please note that the check in time is from 2pm onwards, and whilst we endeavour to check in all guests at this time we do have the odd room which may take longer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon and above all meeting your expectations and restoring your faith.

Samantha Thompson
Customer Engagement Coordinator
Jupiters Hotel & Casino

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madabtcars

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback.

Please be assured I have taken on board your comment with regards to late checkin and forwarded your thoughts onto our Front Office Team. Your feedback is extremely important to us and is an essential tool in ensuring we are not only able to meet but continually improve our service and overall customer experience.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Warm regards
Sales Manager Leisure
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I recently spent four nights at Jupitors Casino which provided me with great accommodation and facilities. I got cheap accommodation rates from the web which included accommodation and buffet breakfast for two for $169 per night. When we checked in we were given a room on the 17th floor which had views over Broadbeach and Surfes paradise including the whole ocean vista. The room was perfect with a firm bed, mini bar and spacious accommodation.
During our stay we booked tickets to the Tap Dogs show which was playing atthe Casino. We paid only $49 per person for the tickets and the show was exceptionally entertaining. This show plays around the world and you would pay at least $100 per ticket when playing in Las Vages.
I could find one complaint regarding my stay at Jupitors and the cost of my stay represents unbelievable value

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jupiters, Manager at Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Graham L

Thank you for providing such a positive review via Tripadvisor on your recent stay at Jupiters!

I was delighted to read that our high standards have been met and you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Warm regards
Sales Manager Leisure
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Now this is not a nice place, if I had a choice I wouldn't stay here. This is my third time and each time it gets worst. The staff aren't friendly at all. Just because I am attending a conference doesn't mean we should be treated the way I was. Each time I request a non-smoking room and I always get a room that smells of smoke. This time I was to stay 3 nights I checked out after 1 and stay else where and will never be back, I should of learnt my lesson last time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MitcheeMelbourne

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We thought that Jupiter's had everything that our little family needed. It was away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy areas. We could walk to everything. The room was spacious. (We could hear the nightclub music but it didn't bother us too much). Parking was easy. The pool area was where we spent most of our time and the little water dragons were very entertaining!! Having a great gym was excellent too, even though we didn't use it this time. We'll be back.

Room Tip: If you think the nightclub music might interrupt your sleep, as for a room that is NOT an ocean-view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jayne399

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the positive aspects of your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that your time with us was very enjoyable. We are very committed to offering the highest standards of service and we believe feedback is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence and Customer experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jupiters on your next visit.

Warm regards,

Sales Manager - Leisure

Been to Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast? Share your experiences!