I booked Sofitel Gold Coast for 4 nights but fortunately left after one night and looked for something better.
The hotel is located in Broadbeach, which is something like Miami Beach meets Lloret de Mare and Benidorm for Australian and Asian tourists. The beach is two blocks down. No beach lounger or sun shades provided.
The hotel promotes itself as 5 Star and charges 5 star prices but fails and provides 2-3 star service and facilities.
- Hotel declines every benefit linked to Accor Le Club, means status don't matter, no upgrade, no free wifi, no welcome drink, etc.
- Wifi is charged 12 AUD per 2 hours. You should go to 7Eleven for an Optus SIM card to avoid this ripoff.
- Rooms are nice but street noise (bars, traffic, drunken tourists) can be heard even on the 22nd floor. Bring your ear plugs!
- Booked room category not available but instead of an giving a free upgrade they ask for extra money.
- Beds are dinged up and very soft.
- Breakfast buffet far away from 5 star. No French toast, eggs Benedict, waffels, sliced cheese. Cheap toast bread only, no rolls / buns / whole-grain.
- Bell boy not available at arrival (8pm) and the other day lazy and not helping with luggage.
- Staff seems to be frustrated.
I'm a big fan of Sofitel and they do great in other hotels like Bangkok Sofitel So, Abu Dhabi, Munich, etc. The branch in Broadbeach is a true ripoff and should be promoted as something between Ibis and Mercure.
If you get a rate incl breakfast below 140 AUD: stay. Otherwise look for something else at Gold Coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Gold Coast Hotel is in Broadbeach, the most cosmopolitan location on the Gold Coast. Only fifty meters away from the beach, the hotel is no more than a short stroll to the Gold Coast Convention Centre. As an added attraction, Sofitel is linked to Jupiter's Casino by monorail and has a light rail station located adjacent to the hotel. There are 296 spacious guest rooms, each with its own balcony and a panoramic view, two pools, tennis courts and a spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach Hotel Broadbeach
- Accor Gold Coast Broadbeach
- Sofitel Broadbeach
- Broadbeach Sofitel