“gorgeous 5 star hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Broadbeach
Melbourne, Australia
“gorgeous 5 star hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Sofitel was a great experience with first class service and standards. Location is fantastic right in the heart of Broadbeach.

Only disappointment was the volume of children unsupervised jumping running and screaming around the pool and spa for 3 consecutive days. The management need to have tighter guildlines on the children so all guests can enjoy the leisure facilities.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Bonjour Amy W,

Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and I apologize for the noise and discomfort the unsupervised children caused you around the pool. We have discussed the importance of maintaining a civilized and relaxing environment in all areas of the hotel with the team. Fortunately, this is fairly rare at the hotel as we typically have more sophisticated and responsible guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Gold Coast.

Amery Burleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hubby and I stayed at the Sofitel for a night, and enjoyed the experience. The dining in particular was first class. I swear I put on a couple of kilos at their '3' restaurant - and the manners and service of both the wait staff and the chefs were very impressive.
Less impressive was the technology in the room. Considering that this was a luxury hotel, I must admit complete surprise at the extremely small, old TV. In fact, the picture and sound quality were such that I needed to lie on my stomach with my head at the foot of the bed, to be close enough to the TV to see & hear clearly. This was rather disappointing.
In all other respects though, a very impressive hotel.

Bonjour KRidwyn,

Thank you for your nice review of your recent stay. I am so sorry about your TV. We are in the process of replacing some of the worst ones and that must be one of them.

I am glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Sofitel recently for 2 nights in an Ocean View room on level 14. I recommend you look at Google earth to see that there is in fact a building in between the Sofitel and the beach, connected to the same shopping centre. We knew this when ordering however, and you do get a decent view of the beach and surrounding buildings (just saying for anyone that thinks they'll have an unobstructed view).

Our room faced the nearby mall and ocean so we had a good view of what was happening at various times.

The room did a good job of insulating us from most of the noise, although there were some singers at a nearby venue that were somehow easier to hear with the room closed than when we had the verandah open. It wasn't a bother though and was easily covered when watching tv or playing your own music.

The bed was very comfortable and there is a menu where you can order a pillow that better suits you.

The food in the buffet for breakfast is fantastic. The usual staples are there both hot and cold, as well as fruit, yogurts, different breads, and some delicious pastries. The pastries are seriously good... I am going to have to hunt out some more chocolate danishes now.

The Sofitel is a great place to stay while exploring the hinterlands and local attractions such as Q1 Tower and the local beaches.

Room Tip: Room 1407 had a small amount of noise from a local musician or two, but nothing jarring or uncomfort...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Bonjour YorkStCreative,

Thank you for your very professional and thorough review of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad to see you enjoyed yourself and I have to second your comments about our pastries -they are indeed seriously good! I will pass on your comments to the pastry team as I know they will be happy to hear how much you enjoyed your morning pastries. Sofitel being a French brand has a committment to excellence in pastries and we always have chocolate ones available!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Amazing place in an amazing location. THis hotel was a touch of luxury and exceeded our expectations on so many levels. Staff were great and friendly and so very helpful. Ease of access to other parts of the city and local shops is so great. Amazing views and one of the best bed I've ever slept in. Loved it !

Bonjour krisylong,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself so much. The Sofitel signature MyBed does offer a wonderful night's sleep and we agree that the hotel has the best location on the Gold Coast!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Spent 3 nights in a de luxe spa room on 16th floor. Brilliant view from room which had corner location. Extremely comfortable, well appointed. Lovely pool area on upper deck for adults kept separate from lower area which is good for families with kids and the spa. Great location with lots of restaurants just across the road. Hotel breakfast excellent and served in lovely surroundings overlooking pool area. Easy stroll to beach.

Bonjour Accorhotels Traveller,

Thank you for your nice comments of your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. I am glad that you enjoyed the upper deck pool -and you are correct, it is an area that the adults and couples tend to gravitate to. There is a nice pool atmosphere for families and couples alike.

I will pass on your nice comments about your breakfast experience to the team, who I know will appreciate the time you took to share them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Since the time we checked in, we experienced an excellent service. I had requested a high floor occupancy as I am a hobbyist photographer and wanted this visit to be a memorable one for the family, and I was given the room on Level 20, which was by far my best experience. My wife and kids loved the view from the balcony and I got some unmatchable photo shots which will help keep this visit a memorable one for years to come.
The staff is also extremely friendly and helpful as I wanted some advise on the "To-Do" things in Gold Coast and was perfectly advised which helped me plan my stay in the best possible way.
Thanks again. Will prefer Sofitel in the future in front of any other hotel..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Bonjour jyotideepss,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of your recent stay with your family at Sofitel Gold Coast!

Our aim is to help our guests create memorable stay with us and I am glad that we have achieved this for your stay. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!

Hervey Bay, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in other Sofital Hotels before, we were disappointed with our stay in this one. It started with problems with our check-in which took two staff members at least 10 minutes to sort out. The reception staff were apologetic and friendly, but no explanation was given for the problem. The King size bed was comfortable and up to Sofitel's standard. They are known for their comfortable beds! The room was clean and spacious, but basic. Only 2 coat hangers available and I had to ask for more. The bathroom was nice, spacious and had a separate bath and shower. Good quality toiletries as well. There seemed to be intermittent "noises" coming out of the air-conditioning space in the ceiling. The carpet was fraying where it met tiles in the entrance, which is not something you would expect from a hotel with a quality name such as this. We were also disappointed to find our room still not made up when returning early afternoon. Upon meeting one of the housekeepers in the hall, she seemed stressed and said she couldn't be everywhere at once! I had the "So Fresh Breakfast" in our room which was very nice and delivered at the time requested. It was nice to have a small balcony to have fresh air instead of air conditioning, however it was rather noisy, but not something the hotel could do anything about. There are a lot of eateries around that would cater for everyone's tastes.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour ATM6,

Thank you for your thorough review of your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. You are correct in that a frayed carpet is not something you'd expect in a Sofitel, and I will ensure we identify which room this has happened in so that we can rectify it immediately.

I am also sorry to hear you had to ask for additional hangers as our standard is to have at least 8 available.

I do hope you will visit us again so that you can see the normal high standard of room presentation.

Thank you again.

Amery Burleigh

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!