“Gorgeous Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach to your Saves list
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Surf Parade, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Broadbeach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Staying here for 3 nights for which I'm delightfully admit was quite good. I have viewed reviews from this site to know that this was one of the recommended hotels in gold coast. Booked the ocean view spa room which more pricy than the standard ones and I was quite pleasant with it.

Location was superb, at heart of the broadbeach, direct access to oasis shopping centre, bus stops and many cafes. The building external look may not do justice on what is on the inside.

Moving on to room review - it was one of the better rooms that I had. The ocean spa room was well designed with modern touch and feel - will post a pic on this. Bathroom is pretty much mixture of old and new stuff which was acceptable.

View from the room was ok, except there is one big building blocking the view directly to the sea. From my photo, it wont show as it was blocked by the tv cabinet, call it one of the architectural design expertise..

Overall, I am satisfied with this hotel. Very convenient, strategically placed, nice room. Will return if I have a chance to (or after trying the pepper hotel, which have splendid exterior design).

• Stayed October 2012
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

The Sofitel is located in a great position. If you don't want to enjoy their awesome buffet dinner (I highly recommend that you do) you have a great selection of restaurants right outside the door. A quick stroll will lead you to the beach via a shopping mall.
The rooms are great. The beds are awesome and you sink into them like a snugly cocoon. The products they supplied in the bathroom were Roger & Gallet in a luxurious orange fragrance.
The Sofitel do their best to ensure a comfortable stay. The buffet breakfast was good but I much preferred the buffet dinner owing to the yummy selection of sweets!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been staying at your hotel for years and years and this is the first time that I will say I wish we had stayed somewhere else. We had only just checked into the hotel and I was laying on the bed and my wife had just stepped out of the shower and we were talking through the open bathroom door. There was a knock at the door and then in walked one of your staff to check the mini bar, my wife didn't even have time to close the bathroom door or cover up. I really don't see whe the mini bar needed checking, or topping up, if we had only just checked in! We only received an apology when my wife spoke with the duty manager the next day and I must say it wasn't really much of an apology for the embarrassment this caused my wife to be walked in on by a stranger to see her fully naked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Bonjour traveller,

Thank you for your comment about your recent stay with us, and I am so sincerely sorry to hear about the mistake our mini bar team member made in not waiting for a response before opening the door. This is certainly not our normal standard and I sincerely hope this experience has not tarnished your view of Sofitel Gold Coast.

We have used your feedback in our training so that the team understand how important it is to follow our standard procedures. In the future, please feel free to use the Do Not Disturb sign while you are in the room as this further ensures your privacy.

Please know that the entire mini-bar team are sorry for this mistake and for the embarrassment this has caused.

Warm regards,
Amery Burleigh
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very friendly & helpful, thought it might be a bit posh to take kids but it was great. Stayed in a 1 bedroom with 2 double beds, plenty of space for a family of four for a couple of nights.

Great spot right above shops and restaurants and stones throw to beach.

Would definately go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bonjour rmasonelectrical,

Thank you for your nice review of your recent stay with us, and we are glad you brought the family. The rooms do have plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 children sharing a double bed, and we love sharing the Sofitel experience with families!

We warmly welcome families all the time and make sure we have special items on the breakfast and dinner buffet for kids of all ages including a make your own pancake station with a variety of toppings and a chocolate fountain and lollie station for dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Warm regards,
Amery Burleigh

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!