“Really delicious, good prices and big portions!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Southport, Australia
“Really delicious, good prices and big portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had my 22nd birthday party here and it was really nice! The décor is really pretty and the food is absolutely amazing! One thing is that they don't do coffee! But they have lots of tea and other yummy drinkis.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Brisbane, Australia
“Super duper - give me more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a great meal here and totally (and accidentally) over indulged!
Everything we ordered was amazing and our beautiful waitress even gave an extra kofta - on the house.
Can't wait to go back! Menu is extensive and perfect for something a bit different.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Sensational Salads!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch with friends on a very hot Saturday. I loved the range of salads available......interesting combinations and very fresh and tasty. The Cardamon Pod has a very relaxed atmosphere with eclectic decor inside. A good range of hot meals are also available and I have previously had the moussaka which is delicious. The only downside is there is no coffee here but that is ok as it is against their philosophy.

Cleveland, Australia
“Quirky little place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I absolutely love this place, fresh vegetarian or vegan food, menu changes regularly, wonderful staff, great value and perfect location.

Visited January 2013
Gold Coast
“Uninspiring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

After hearing good things about it, one Thursday night, we decided to give the Cardamom Pod a try. First impressions were a little chaotic, but left us feeling at least a little optimistic for the evening.

When we saw lasagne being scraped together and thrown into a takeaway container to look like a cheesy pasta smoothie, we should have walked.

The Good: the salads were fresh, had nice imagination whilst staying 'main stream' and the marinades were bold. I prefer a little less salt for personal preference.

The curried veg was beautiful in flavour, but inconsistent in cooking. I personally like it this way, with an occasional crunchier crunch, but this is a restaurant review.

The absolutely terrible: The fresh lasagna we waited 20 minutes for. Had it been served with a thick shake straw, it would've been far more appropriate than the fork that was supplied. Rarely have I ever tasted something so bad, so bland, & over-salted at the same time. The vegetable lasagna would have been lucky to have five small pieces of vegetable and featured undercooked and gluggy and liquidised pasta! We all gave it two forkful's, thinking there was no way it was as bad as we thought from the first one.

Our server was new but excellent in intent and manner. Some of the staff really needed reminding they were serving food, not filling containers. You can hang out in the breeze when arriving until you can grab a staff member and find out the way the place works with seating, ordering and receiving food and drinks.

In Summary: There were some flavours and combinations that were wanting 4 stars; likewise, there were some aspects that didn't even deserve one. In fairness I will rate as average because I believe that reflects where our overall experience fell. Some aspects had potential but I am uninspired to return.

P.S. This is a resubmitted review as my spell check inserted the word, "bloody" in the description of the lasagne instead of gluggy. There is no question in my mind that the food was and is meat free and vegetarian fare. My apologies for that word slipping through.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere