“Unprofessional and Over Priced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Peppers Broadbeach

Save Saved
You added Peppers Broadbeach to your Saves list
Peppers Broadbeach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Surf Parade & Elizabeth Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Broadbeach
Sydney, Australia
“Unprofessional and Over Priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We Stayed at peppers on the 6th and 7th Oct 2012. It was a last minute booking we ran an hour before asking what rooms are available to be told they have a one bedroom ocean view on one of their highest levels. When we check in after paying the deposit over the phone we found ourselves on a lower level floor and the view not worth talking about.
We spoke to the Assistant Manager who I found very unprofessional . We asked for a refund and was advised that wasn't possible. We then was advised all about contract law once you pay the deposit there are no refunds yet the time of booking an hour before there was no mention of a no refund policy. I think the Assistant Manager needs to get his facts right before dictating anything.
Apparently the Bellman accepted the booking and gave the misleading information. In a place like this what is a bellman accepting booking in the first place.
He moved us to a room with a better view but still on the lower level. To be told all one bedrooms are located on the lower floors and that's the best they can do. Not what we booked in the first place. Very misleading information to loured people in.
The Assistant Manager then offered us a bottle of wine and ask would we like red or white. We asked for white so what arrives red this place can't seem to get anything right.
The following day we caught the lift down to the car park but was stuck in the lift as the key card didn't work. Press the emergency phone button it just rang and rang and then hang up. No answer after about 15 min stuck in a very hot lift another guest finally press the outside button and open. We could have died that day but the Management don't seem to show any concern.
When we came back that afternoon the room had been so called serviced it has to be the worst housekeeping I have ever seen.
We have ask to speak to the General Manager about our concerns doesn't appear interested.
I have stayed at many properties up and down the Gold Coast area and this would have to be one of the worst.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Nevergohome,

I am so disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us.

As would be evident from the hundreds of positive reviews, this certainly is not our normal high level of service and standards.

I do apologise if you were given incorrect information regarding our One Bedroom Suites. Our concierge was trying to go above and beyond by helping out 'after hours' while his colleagues were tending to other guests. When calling between 8am and 6pm daily you will most definitely get a member of our trained Reservations team. As I have stated on this site several times, the One Bedroom Suites are all on the lower levels of the building, Two Bedroom's on the mid levels, and Skyhomes and Sub-Penthouses on the upper floors. Unfortunately we were not able to change this during your stay, but I do understand the team did their best and moved you to the highest One Bedroom Suite in the building.

I am sorry to hear about the lift incident also. I can assure you that you were not close to death. If ever a key does not work for whatever reason you can always press Level 1 (ground floor) which will open up on the lobby level. Like most high-rises the Emergency Phone goes through to the lift company, not the resort. I will be following this up with them and calling them out to test all lift phones (on top of their regular tests and checks).

I am sure the team advised you that I was not available at the time of your stay as I have been away for a couple of weeks. If I was at property I assure you that I would have made myself available to meet with you and discuss these issues.

1,028 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Gore, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What can I say, It was awesome. Could not fault. We stayed in a two bedroom on the 24th floor overlooking the ocean in tower 1.The view was beautiful.The rooms were excellent.
There were many restaurants & a grocery shop within walking distance.Tip- Jupiters have week nights that children eat free, seated before 7pm.

Room Tip: East side-you can have breakfast in the sun.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear DLG4,

I am so pleased to read of your recent 'awesome' stay with us at Peppers Broadbeach!

Tower One does indeed offer some amazing views, the better ones found in the Premium Ocean View room category.

I look forward to welcoming you back whenever you next travel to the Gold Coast.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Peppers Broadbeach in a 2 bedroom Premium Ocean View Room for 3 nights. We stayed in an apartment in Tower One on the 30th Floor and had a fantastic view of the ocean and down south towards Burleigh.

The apartment was very spacious and with a modern interior. The location was fantastic, with lots of restaurants and cafes downstairs and then a few minutes walk to lots more eating places in Surf Parade. Across the road was the Oasis Shopping Centre where we could stock up on a few supplies.

We loved the free in-house movies, free wi-fi internet and the main resort pool was fantastic. The resort was an easy 2 minute walk to the patrolled surf beach.

The only negatives were the slow speed of the elevators and lack of powerpoints in the bathrooms.

Positives: great location in Broadbeach, pool area was very clean and large size.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Tower One that has an ocean view. A bit more expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BrissyBlondy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spacious and modern Two Bedroom Premium Ocean View Suite on the 30th floor. These rooms offer some of the best views on the whole of the Gold Coast.

I am pleased that you also enjoyed the complimentary in-room movies and Wi Fi - these are of course standard inclusions for all of our guests.

The bathroom power points are actually located underneath the mirrored cupboards to keep the sleep look throughout. It is noted on the back of our Welcome Letter, however I will brief the team and ask them to point this out wherever possible.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Short, 5 day break with family. Probably the best beach side hotel I have stayed in in Qld. Personally never too keen on staying on floors 20 or above, but sucked it up and got used to it.

Our room : huge, new, well equipped. Fantastic view, great amenities. A couple of ridiculous mistakes, no power points in the bathroom (??!!), and none available by the bed for reading, charging phones etc.

Pool and gym (all of them..) are really very good. Windy up on the roof, but two outstanding separate pool areas with spas, large gym with first rate equipment and TVs etc.

Well positioned 50 M from the beach. Our only gripe was the price. Great room, but at the very pointy end of the cost curve, in an environment where the Gold Coast is generally struggling. On this basis alone, would probably be looking for alternatives next time

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear LyndhurstPrahran,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay with us at Peppers Broadbeach.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your five day break with us in a Two Bedroom Suite on the 20th floor of Tower One. Thank you for the compliment that this was the best accommodation that you have ever stayed in, in Queensland. We are all very proud to be working in such a beautiful property.

There are actually power points in the bathroom. Due to the streamline mirrored cupboards, they are hidden underneath the cupboards so the aesthetics of the beautiful design are not disturbed. We know they can be a little hard to find, so we have them in our Frequently Asked Questions on the back of the Welcome Letter you receive at Check-In. I am sorry if you missed this.

The Gold Coast has been very busy of late, with occupancies for the region up around 17% year on year. It is fantastic to see Australians back in force and travelling in large numbers to the region. At Peppers we deliver an excellent product with service to match, and many inclusions such as daily servicing, free Wi Fi, free in-room movies and free parking - all representing great value for money at the luxury end. There is a reason why we are rated Number One on the Gold Coast on Trip Advisor!

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future.

Minyerri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spent 17 days in a two bedroom apartment on the 18th floor in the lap of luxury. The beds were comfortable, there were two bathrooms, an extra TV in the master bedroom, free internet and the list goes on. Located amidst an array of a variety boutique shops, restaurants and coffee shops, I certainly didn't need to cook. Morning walks along the beach, lazing by the pool during the day,and daily room service made my holiday perfect. The Peppers' staff were friendly and obliging, willing to assist whenever needed. Even until the very last day of my stay the staff were terrific: My flight out wasn't scheduled until 8.30pm and I was unable to get a late checkout so the staff checked me out at 11am and gave me a visitor's pass so I could still use the amenities until I was ready to leave.
I will mos

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tracey D,

What a lovely review. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your 17 day experience with us, and that the team went out of their way to ensure all your needs were met (and possibly exceeded)!

I do hope that you will find time to come back again soon for another luxury experience.

Lane Cove, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

29th floor, tower 2......mum, dad and our 7 and 4 year old children stayed. We Loved the apartment and adored the view to sea and as far south as NSW, we even saw the humpback whales breaching one lazy afternoon. An easy and quick walk to the beach and Kurrawa surf club, not to mention the array of excellent restaurants at the doorstep. Peppers are managing this property well and should be congratulated on their excellent customer service and attention to detail. We will be back for sure.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rockriva,

Thank you so much for providing this feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that mum, dad and co. were all extremely happy with their stay.

I appreciate the kind words and will be sure to share this with the team. It is certainly our goal to be delivering this kind of experience to all of our guests.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 7 nights on level 26 - Tower 1. Great location. Close to beach, and the Broadbeach Mall. Easy to get shopping supplies and great access to restaurants. Rooms have everything including kitchenette, laundry facilities, 2 bathrooms, wide-screen TV with fox channels. Also free internet access. Rooms are very clean and are serviced each day with new towels, supplies etc. Other facilities include a modern gym, 2 pools, games room and excellent bbq and teppanyaki hot plate. We also used the theatrette which comfortably accommodates 6 - 8 people and was good fun. It's just perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jjessie,

It is great to hear about your 'fabulous' experience at Peppers Broadbeach.

I appreciate the lovely feedback on your suite and also the facilities we have on offer.

I hope we are able to welcome you all back again soon when you next travel to the Gold Coast.

Adam Taloni

Been to Peppers Broadbeach? Share your experiences!