We stayed here 4 nights between xmas and new year. I was expecting a fair bit, this place is expensive, and highly rated, and we always travel 5 star when we holiday (work hard play hard).
I knew we were in trouble when walking to our room the floors were in need of vacuuming.
The place is definately nice and modern and newish and everything was in ok condition but there were just so many little things which let this place down.
1) Lifts were unreasonably slow because usually one or more lifts was locked or not working, Unacceptable at this time of year.
2) Dishwasher broke down, we are a family, having no dishwasher was a real pain..
3) We had a number of house keeping issues, cards left saying they couldn't clean our room but no-one knew why, though when pressed, they did send someone up later
4) Duvet had a stain. I know it can happen, but it was off putting
5) Worst thing is that the bathroom is right off the bedroom and is separated by a GLASS wall with no way of blocking it off. Think getting up in the middle of the night to pee and turning on the light and waking your wife and baby because the light shines on them. Think no privacy when you want to use the bathroom. Worst design we have ever seen. I STRONGLY suggest management spends a week in one of these rooms.
6) Lack of power points. In this modern age, not enough power points is a massive inconvenience.
7) Our main door didn't close properly
8) In the other Peppers resort we stayed (Bale Salt) recently, they had unlimited movies including new releases. We really liked this, and couldn't understand why a more expensive location couldn't have the same thing.
9) Both doors to the bathroom shake when the aircon is on, making noise!
10) noisy airvents for the aircon
11) Internet was provided in 24 hour blocks with a 200MB limit which is tiny, though it's reasonably fast. When given feedback they told me they needed to pay $25 a day for each room for internet which seems crazy for such a small allocation, surely other systems are available.
Just in general this property needs to lift it's game.
On the plus side, the location is exceptional, the staff are amazing (though sometimes a little slow), and the property is appropriately upmarket. Pool was good and they had a games room for the kids. We called reception late at night about pillows and someone promptly brought them up which was above and beyond so another point for the great staff.
We did have a decent view (though it cost $50 more a night), and the deck is reasonable sized.
All in all whilst these things I listed were all relatively small, I think we would be hard pressed to stay here again when I know other locations could provide all the benefits of this one, without the downsides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the cutting-edge sophistication of the new cosmopolitan Peppers Broadbeach, boasting everything hi-tech and high-end for the ultimate in comfort and convenience. Peppers Broadbeach includes two towers that soar high above Broadbeach only 25 minutes drive from the Gold Coast Airport. Guests will enjoy the perfect mix of the Gold Coast's city and coastal lifestyle while enjoying the luxurious surrounds of one and two bedroom suites and three bedroom sky homes. All suites boast exceptional interior design with European appliances and imported stone featured throughout. Signature features of the resort include a pillow menu, gourmet minibar with local and organic products and a pre-order gourmet pantry service. The resort is also one of the most technologically advanced in Australia offering the latest in portable technology and guest services. Guests can also enjoy iPod docks, on-demand movies and wireless internet within their rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Peppers Broadbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Broadbeach Hotel Broadbeach
- Peppers Broadbeach Gold Coast