“Hardly best rated in Gold Coast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Peppers Broadbeach

Save Saved
You added Peppers Broadbeach to your Saves list
Peppers Broadbeach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Surf Parade & Elizabeth Avenue, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Broadbeach
Auckland
“Hardly best rated in Gold Coast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed here 4 nights between xmas and new year. I was expecting a fair bit, this place is expensive, and highly rated, and we always travel 5 star when we holiday (work hard play hard).

I knew we were in trouble when walking to our room the floors were in need of vacuuming.

The place is definately nice and modern and newish and everything was in ok condition but there were just so many little things which let this place down.

1) Lifts were unreasonably slow because usually one or more lifts was locked or not working, Unacceptable at this time of year.
2) Dishwasher broke down, we are a family, having no dishwasher was a real pain..
3) We had a number of house keeping issues, cards left saying they couldn't clean our room but no-one knew why, though when pressed, they did send someone up later
4) Duvet had a stain. I know it can happen, but it was off putting
5) Worst thing is that the bathroom is right off the bedroom and is separated by a GLASS wall with no way of blocking it off. Think getting up in the middle of the night to pee and turning on the light and waking your wife and baby because the light shines on them. Think no privacy when you want to use the bathroom. Worst design we have ever seen. I STRONGLY suggest management spends a week in one of these rooms.
6) Lack of power points. In this modern age, not enough power points is a massive inconvenience.
7) Our main door didn't close properly
8) In the other Peppers resort we stayed (Bale Salt) recently, they had unlimited movies including new releases. We really liked this, and couldn't understand why a more expensive location couldn't have the same thing.
9) Both doors to the bathroom shake when the aircon is on, making noise!
10) noisy airvents for the aircon
11) Internet was provided in 24 hour blocks with a 200MB limit which is tiny, though it's reasonably fast. When given feedback they told me they needed to pay $25 a day for each room for internet which seems crazy for such a small allocation, surely other systems are available.

Just in general this property needs to lift it's game.

On the plus side, the location is exceptional, the staff are amazing (though sometimes a little slow), and the property is appropriately upmarket. Pool was good and they had a games room for the kids. We called reception late at night about pillows and someone promptly brought them up which was above and beyond so another point for the great staff.

We did have a decent view (though it cost $50 more a night), and the deck is reasonable sized.

All in all whilst these things I listed were all relatively small, I think we would be hard pressed to stay here again when I know other locations could provide all the benefits of this one, without the downsides.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Dear Networkn,

Thank you for your extremely detailed review following your recent stay with us. I appreciate all the positives that you highlighted from your stay, and thank you for mentioning the 'little things' that matter to you. I understand these 'little things' do often add up, and can leave you with an overall impression of an establishment.

Please know that I will be looking at all of the above-mentioned points to see where we can improve our services. I do apologise if any of these caused you great inconveniences.

On the same token I thought I would also just clarify a few points:
- There were a couple of lift break-downs during your stay, and were rectified by the lift company as soon as possible. Unfortunately this was out of our control. I do apologise for this inconvenience.
- The Housekeeping cards are left when a room is left with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the handle.
- I have responded to many reviews on this site about the blinds. Due to receiving this type of feedback, we are installing blinds in all bathrooms. About 90% of all rooms are now complete. As I have stated many times, please request a room with a completed blind when booking, or we also have temporary blinds we can install while you are here.
- Power points - I have counted 12 spare in a One Bedroom and 16 spare outlets in a 2 bedroom apartment. Please let me know if it is specific locations in the rooms you are referring to.
- We do include late-release movies, internet (200mb) daily, car parking and free iPad use to all guests. I do believe this is much more than any similar rated or priced property in the country. Peppers 'Bale' is an elevated brand to just 'Peppers', which may explain the extra inclusions there. Most other Hotels charge approximately $30/day for 200-500mb of internet.

I will be certain to look into the housekeeping and room issues you mentioned.

Please feel free to contact me at peppers@broadbeach.com.au should you wish to discuss any of these matters further.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

1,027 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Peregian Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband, nearly 2 year old and I have just returned from a 6 night stay in a 2 bedroom apartment at Peppers where we enjoyed a luxurious and fabulous holiday.
Our room in tower one had stunning views of both the water and hinterland - and we enjoyed the central location that gave us access to parks, beaches, shopping centre as well as some of the most exquisite restaurants we've visited!!
The room and its facilities were of exceptional quality - and the size was extremely generous allowed for our child to play and get around safely. The access to a large bank of movies also came in extremely handy for either our child - or the nights we had to head in early to put him to bed.
The staff were also more than welcoming and friendly - we enjoyed spending lots of time around the hotel, and although there was heaps to offer around - it wasn't necessary to leave.
We will definitely stay again - and I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a luxurious and classy holiday :D

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner 2 bed apartment that enjoyed nearly 180 degree views from the balcony.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Clair A,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent holiday with your husband and son. It sounds like you got to explore the local area and some of the great restaurants on offer.

Our complimentary late-release movies, internet, parking and iPad use will all remain for 2012 - something we are delighted to be able to announce as we truly believe Peppers Broadbeach represents exceptional value for money.

Thank you for taking the time to post this reveiw, and I hope we see you all again soon on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Sadly only one 1 night at this fabulous resort. Room size, finish, cleanliness and facilities all excellent. Staff were fantastic and in a great location surrounded by many excellent eateries. I would recommend highly.

Room Tip: South West aspect was excellent looking down the coast and accross the Hinterland
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Dear WayneBS,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, albeit it only for one short night. I agree with you on the South-West aspect. It is lovely. Looking down the beach to Coolangatta is very calming and pretty.

I do appreciate you taking the time to post this review, and I hope we can welcome you back again soon for a longer stay.

All the best for 2012.

Broadbeach Waters
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed one week in a 2 bedroom apartment in Tower 1. We had a reasonable view of the ocean, but not a full view since we had huge buildings in front. The evening lights were very enjoyable.
We had to check in at Tower 2 and then ride over to Tower 1 with our luggage (no check in at Tower 1!). The access to the garage was difficult, and we had to look for red spotted parking spaces allocated to the 100 or so apartments kept and managed by Peppers as holiday rentals. (Evidently the developers had difficulty selling all the units and kept 100 for holiday rentals and have drastically reduced prices on others for sale).
The unit was well appointed and bright. Most items needed in the kitchen were available. However the daily room clean included was very light and fast, the bare minimum. If you want fresh towels or linens you will have to ask.
There is one person manning the front desk in Tower 1 so if there are others waiting for service the wait can be long.
Overall a nice stay but weighing the price against the delivery, rated average.

Room Tip: If you decide to book at Peppers, suggest you book at Tower 1 (not Tower 2) and get on or above the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert M,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you liked the accommodation, and enjoyed the city lights from your 2 Bedroom Apartment.

I do apologise if you felt housekeeping were a little rushed. I will follow this up with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure we keep our high standards that so many other guests have complimented on. We certainly do change towels daily if that is the guest's wish. In your bathroom you would have seen an 'environmentally friendly' card which gives you the option of hanging towels which means you are happy to recycle. Many guests do choose this option. For fresh towels simply leave them in the bathtub, or even call us at any time to replace.

There certainly are unobstructed ocean views in Tower One. They are in the category of Two Bedroom 'Premium' Ocean View suites. Perhaps next time you would like to try one of these.

Lastly I thought I would just give you correct information on the holiday units and the developers. All 130 units currently in the Peppers letting pool have been sold and are privately owned. We manage these units for the owners. There are also private residents in the building. There are still a handful of units left for sale, but due to the prestige of the building, prices have not been dramatically slashed.

Thank you again for your review. I hope you had a lovely Christmas, and I wish you the best for the year ahead.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011 via mobile

My family and our friends stayed at Peppers Broadbeach in December for our annual get together and I have to say that it was the best service we have ever experienced. The staff were so friendly and could not do enough to help us with our stay. The accommodation was beautiful and we were accommodated as per our requests to have a room in the tower of our choice. The location is
fantastic and is close to everything. The have beautiful shops and restaurants down the bottom of the towers and plenty of shops and restaurants close by. I would advise to stay in tower 1 if you are traveling with kids as it has the bigger pool. There is free in house movies which was fantastic and the rooms were really spacious and well appointed. The communication with us prior to arrival and during our stay was the best effort that I have seen by any resort that we have stayed in. We had really well priced accommodation but it does pay to be on the peppers email distribution list so you can watch out for their specials. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone considering a stay in broadbeach whether you are traveling as a couple or a family. I must commend the management and staff at this resort as they are serious about customer service which is really pleasing to experience. PS..I managed to get a tour through one of the sky homes on the higher floors and if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. The accommodation is opulent and the views are truly amazing.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Cogoau,

I was thrilled to read your review and to hear that you and your family and friends had a fabulous time at Peppers Broadbeach.

Thank you for the compliments on the team and their service, and also on the beautiful accommodation.

I am pleased we could fulfil your request to be in Tower One. We always try and give guests what they request, though sometimes during peak periods this is not always the case. We do always try and notify guests prior to arrival to advise of this if we are aware this will be the case.

The movies, car parking and internet access will all be remaining free for all guests next year. There are approximately 40 latest release (3 months+ older) that are complimentary, and we have managed to source the Newest Release movies which are pay per view also.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review, I hope to welcome you all back again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed at peppers in a 1 bed apartment with my husband for 2 nights. The apartment size was huge, great layout and lovely bathroom. Unfortunately we had quite a few events on that weekend otherwise we would have LOVED to spend the whole weekend in the apartment!!

Staff were very friendly and helpful, we will definitely come back again!

• Stayed December 2011
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear Aemelia,

I am so pleased to hear that you did enjoy your recent stay with us, even if you were kept busy with so many other things on. Hopefully we will see you again soon and you can make the most of your own apartment, or fully utilise all the facilities we have on offer.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I do appreciate it.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We recently stayed at Peppers Broadbeach with our 4,2 & 1 year old and it was an amazing experience. The location is great, there is a great park just across the road, the beach is right there and all the shops, cafes and restaurants are within easy walking distance - even for kids.
The hotel made us feel welcome, even with 3 children. We chose an ocean view room and I am glad we did, the view was spectacular. The room was stunning - everything was immacualte and very very modern. An overall great experience would highly recommend to all families.

Room Tip: Ocean View is a must!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Dear Rebecca M,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad that you and the family all enjoyed themselves during your time with us.

We certainly are in a great location, with food, shops, malls, and the beach all on our doorstep. The children's park you mention across the road has also just completed a new section - just in time for the holidays!

I look forward to welcoming you all back to Peppers Broadbeach when it is next time for a family holiday.

Adam Taloni

Been to Peppers Broadbeach? Share your experiences!