“great food great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 192 restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
australia
“great food great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place is a must visit if your looking for the best fine food on the coast at great prices , i took advantage of the $65 three course lunch special , with a glass of wine ,and every dish was a absolute treat ,I had the quail , for entree ,. Ocean trout ravioli and scallops for main and the choclate parfait for desert , each dish was pure heaven on a fork ,absolultly fautless topped of by excellent freindly knowedgable waiters . i will return with my wife for sure , as I was a lone dinner at this restaurant ,waiting for my wife and daughters to finish formal dress shopping on a very wet saturday , I was so glad i stopped here for lunch i was welcomed in by the very freindly waiters and made fell extremly comfortable from the get go ,i woundt normmally go it alone in a restaraunt , but so glad i did , thank you rocksalt for one of the best meals i have had on the coast look forward to a second vist on our next trip to the coast well done

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Sensational degustation experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had the 8 course degustation dinner to celebrate a friends birthday. I thought 8 courses would be far too much food but each course is smaller than an entree and we didn't start feeling full until about the 6th course. While the restaurant itself is quite small and the decor leaves a bit to be desired don't let appearances fool you. The service was excellent, in particular our waiter Elliot was knowledgeble and entertaining through the whole experience.

The food itself was delicious, particularly the scallop wanton and beef course. The only course that nobody at our table liked was the quail, which had a really unusual apricot sauce that we all agreed did not work with the dish.

All in all it was an excellent and really memorable dinner, but be prepared to spend $200 for the 8 course degustation.

Visited February 2013
“Wow, Wow & Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were treated to lunch her by our fab friends Jan & Rod.
Champagne to start with then delicious scollops, risotto with truffle, then duck with port jus, followed by lemon meringue pie (restructured). It was deeeeeelicious!!!!

Visited February 2013
“Best experience, amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We had the 8 course degustation with matching wines, and couldn't be more impressed. It's definitely pricey but it's one of those experiences that you will be glad you had. Some if the degustation courses were pure genius, and the matching wines were perfect. Great service too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely food, lovely service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

After reading the rave reviews I decided to book a table here and opted for the degastation.

The first course was a Morton bay bug wanton which is probably the most amazing thing I have tasted in a long time. Following this was the pork belly. This was average. I was expecting a creamy fatty plump piece of pork and instead received a dry deep fryed disc. After two mouthfulls it was gone and I was left wondering if I actually had any pork or if I had imagined it.
Following this was the scallops or should I say scallop in the cauliflower puree. This was nice, delicate flavour, nothing to write home about.
Then came the fish which again was just nice.

At this point I was getting alittle worried that my partner and I were going to walk out hungry so I ordered some bread with butter.

After this came the famous prawn and lobster risotto. This baby is rich but worth the hype. I kinda wished I'd had the bread after the risotto as I was really full after this so I wasn't sure wether it was the bread that filled me up or wether the richness of the risotto finally lined my stomach with something alittle more substantial.

After this came the quail which was interesting and enjoyable and then finally the beef. Now this was amazing. The meat was cooked more than I like so I was surprised that it melted in my mouth and the brisket was sensational. This was definitely the second best thing on the menu behind the wanton of course.

All in all the meal was lovely, but on a personal note I just think degastation isn't for me. The price is just too much for the little servings that you get. This is not a reflection on Rock Salt though.
The quality was amazing.
The food was tasty, some courses stood out more than others.
Their wine knowledge was also great.
Their service was great too. Constantly topping up our glasses, checking if we were ok etc.

My advice. Check this place out but perhaps stick with the three course meal instead unless you have money to burn.

Enjoy :)